IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

Rob · 23 hours ago

I just read this now and not sure how many will see this comment. But Teresa WHAT??? There are extremes is certain circumstances yes of course there is. The examples you gave are sad but yes they happen. But Gid forgives everyone. He doesn't pick and choose the sin to forgive. So why should you? You say other Christians. If your a christian there is no OTHER Christians. You are way out of line and to attack Lori basically for what teaches is down right NOT christian is it?? Lori doesn't judge others she teaches the hard truth of what is biblical. You have already basically judged lori and made it seem like she wrote the bible. She teaches truth and doesn't pervert the word to for our needs. Yes those thing Teresa said are tragic but you contradicted yourself first by saying other Christians because Christianity is plain and simple really.
Like unsaid God doesn't pick and choose aims to forgive. He forgives all when you confess to him and are a believer. Also then you about prayer not fixing everything. If your a Christian prayer is the most powerful tool we have!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Confused by you. And yes I am a Christian and someone who has gone through something horrible years ago and prayer and belief in the TRUTH saved my life

Not sure who Rob is, but these people are so careless with their writing. For the Love of Pete, you'd think such magnificent and pure Christians such as Lori and her followers would, at the very least, do enough proofreading to correctly spell the name of The Great Almighty.  Seriously, it's THREE LETTERS!

So...I think there is a very good chance that Rob is Cabinet Man.  I mean...just look at that paragraph. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2016 at 0:56 AM, Sera's Arrow said:

Forgiveness rarely works for people who are cruel enough to use children to satisfy their sick desires and/or make them feel powerful and in control if one subscribes to the theory that it's more about power than sex. It, in fact, tends to enable them into continuing this destructive behavior without a thought towards the pain they are inflicting on others.  

And that's why I hate Lori.  She's an enabler and I have no good thoughts for enablers - boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

She's also an abuser, imo, and I think that's why she offers so darn many excuses and justifications for other people's abusive actions. It makes her feel even more justified about her own actions.

8 hours ago, molecule said:

Lori sounds like a spoiled brat who insists on throwing her raisans on the floor because she doesn't like them.

This is an awesome visual ... and every time someone writes "raisans," I have to chuckle to myself. 

I'm fuming right now. I'm so mad I can barely see the computer screen and my fingers are stumbling over the keyboard. Teresa, the woman who dared to disagree with Lori, and who posted the precise words Debi Pearl used, posted her story in response to the readers who condescendingly said they'd 'pray for her.' It's extremely long, but I"m going to post it here in case Ken eventually shows up and decides to delete the whole thing because of how it all makes Lori look. Here we go:

"Lori, forgive me but I just had to come back. I am sorry you chose to omit most of my comment. 

"Since people are praying for me and giving me advice, maybe they want to know my actual story. I was as a devout wife of a Christian pastor for 20 years. I married him because I truly believed God had put us together after many years of prayer. After I married him I discovered he was a sociopath. (A professional made that diagnosis later. More than one, actually.) 

"He did not beat my son and I, but he abused us psychologically, emotionally and spiritually (I know you only count physical abuse, but emotional abuse can be worse and there is no law against it.) 

"I forgave and forgave and forgave in our marriage. I prayed many times a day and sought advice from Debi's books and others. I tried to be submissive as possible -- everyone who knew us could see it. But I never told anyone, not elders, coworkers, friends or family, because I was ashamed. I blamed myself for his rages -- totally and completely. My neighbors (only a wall between us) would later tell me that they were concerned because they could always hear him screaming but they could never hear me at all except crying. 

"I knew I was a horrible wife, I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. So I would read the Bible, and beg God to show me, to help me do better. He showed only his kind, loving side to people at church, so no one had a clue. (continued for length)"

That's the end of the first part. Lori replied before Teresa had the chance to finish her story. "Why wouldn't you tell anyone, Teresa? The elders should have known about this. You should definitely sought help. Whenever I mentor a woman who is married to a difficult man, I know she needs someone in her life encouraging her and giving her wise counsel. Keeping quiet in a situation such as this one is not good."

So, victim blaming starts already.

The rest of Teresa's story is very long, so I'm going to try to put it in another comment (for some reason, this board gives me a hard time about making two comments in a row; seems I'm supposed to wait for someone else to reply first. I hope it doesn't do that this time). Lori's response to that will induce some serious rage, let me warn you all now.

God wants older women to teach younger women to be good. There is so much badness in our culture today and younger women are picking it up.

And who better than Lori to teach women how to be good?

Lori:

If your husband is a spendthrift, instead of worrying about it, find every possible way to live frugally within his salary.

Ken:

Hey, the vitamins were not just for her and her health. I spent a small country's GDP each year on Lori's health, and I hate the idea of Obama Care sorry and we are not in it. But the whole family had to take lots of vitamins, and eat all organic and I wanted to buy a bigger house some day and maybe even retire. Isn't that what many men are thinking? We disagreed on lots of things because we came from two different backgrounds.

Lori:

Learn how to do small repairs around your home. Paint the walls, recover chairs, sew curtains, and learn to make your home beautiful without spending a lot of money. 

For tips on how to recover your own furniture, see this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-brand-new-couches.html

*hint* Step one is to pay someone $1500 to do it for you.  :pb_glasses:

Well, they really aren't brand new, just recovered. They look like brand new, however, and they only cost me $1500! I also got new carpet.

To be fair, the new carpet was a legitimate need.  She had to vacuum the kind she had before.  Can you imagine a housewife having to vacuum her carpet every day?

I love my new carpet! I use to have to vacuum my dark green carpet almost every day because it always showed everything. This carpet never needs to be vacuumed! It shows nothing.

Lori:

A good woman is not caught up in looking good. She is conscious of the fear of God in her life. She has lived every day as though she believes she will reap what she has sown.* Yes, she likes to look clean and pretty but it is not her focus at all.

From the following post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-truth-about-men.html

Christian women need to be told the truth about men ~

Men are attracted to youth and looks. This is normal. Men are not evil, base or perverted for being attracted to youth and beauty. Young Christian girl, if you are not getting approached or asked out, it’s probably because you’re not attractive enough, you’re not nice enough or you’re not available enough. You need to work on this. You need to lose weight, grow your hair out, wear nice clothes and some decent makeup. You might be a b****, and if you are, you need to be nicer. If you really want to find a man and marry, then you need to get serious about it while you’re young. 

Lori:

She doesn't need all the expensive creams and potions to keep her "wrinkle-free."

Lori:

I also love Jane Iredale makeup.

File under: I just looked it up, and that shit isn't cheap. :pb_eek:

I ordered calendula flowers and rose pedals from Mountain Rose Herbs.  They are a bit expensive up front but there is enough to make many jars of lotion.

But hey, she doesn't need any "potions" to keep her wrinkle free :pb_rollseyes:

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I'm fuming right now. I'm so mad I can barely see the computer screen and my fingers are stumbling over the keyboard. Teresa, the woman who dared to disagree with Lori, and who posted the precise words Debi Pearl used, posted her story in response to the readers who condescendingly said they'd 'pray for her.' It's extremely long, but I"m going to post it here in case Ken eventually shows up and decides to delete the whole thing because of how it all makes Lori look. Here we go:

"Lori, forgive me but I just had to come back. I am sorry you chose to omit most of my comment. 

"Since people are praying for me and giving me advice, maybe they want to know my actual story. I was as a devout wife of a Christian pastor for 20 years. I married him because I truly believed God had put us together after many years of prayer. After I married him I discovered he was a sociopath. (A professional made that diagnosis later. More than one, actually.) 

"He did not beat my son and I, but he abused us psychologically, emotionally and spiritually (I know you only count physical abuse, but emotional abuse can be worse and there is no law against it.) 

"I forgave and forgave and forgave in our marriage. I prayed many times a day and sought advice from Debi's books and others. I tried to be submissive as possible -- everyone who knew us could see it. But I never told anyone, not elders, coworkers, friends or family, because I was ashamed. I blamed myself for his rages -- totally and completely. My neighbors (only a wall between us) would later tell me that they were concerned because they could always hear him screaming but they could never hear me at all except crying. 

"I knew I was a horrible wife, I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. So I would read the Bible, and beg God to show me, to help me do better. He showed only his kind, loving side to people at church, so no one had a clue. (continued for length)"

That's the end of the first part. Lori replied before Teresa had the chance to finish her story. "Why wouldn't you tell anyone, Teresa? The elders should have known about this. You should definitely sought help. Whenever I mentor a woman who is married to a difficult man, I know she needs someone in her life encouraging her and giving her wise counsel. Keeping quiet in a situation such as this one is not good."

So, victim blaming starts already.

The rest of Teresa's story is very long, so I'm going to try to put it in another comment (for some reason, this board gives me a hard time about making two comments in a row; seems I'm supposed to wait for someone else to reply first. I hope it doesn't do that this time). Lori's response to that will induce some serious rage, let me warn you all now.

I'll reply so that you can go ahead and get your next comment posted.

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Thanks, Polecat. The quoting thingy is still screwing up for me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyway...here's the rest of Teresa's post, and then Lori's reply:

"Part 2 -- Long story short, when my son was 18 came the day when things started heading toward the physical. I fled to the women's shelter. Between that and other things I had discovered I was terrified of him. I did file for divorce. I was also diagnosed with PTSD. 

"I found out many, many more things after I left, lost my house and savings. One thing was that he had a former wife and a former girlfriend who had attempted suicide, as had I, and another girlfriend who actually did kill herself. And I found out that at age 8, my stepson had attempted as well, saying he could not bear to hear his father screaming (the truth of the incident was hidden from me and I never questioned). Since it was all our fault (the women), that is a huge coincidence, don't you think? 

"My own church abandoned me as he told them I had had an affair; after discovering he was using GPS to stalk me I was in hiding for over a year. Destitute and now critically ill (I am on lifetime Disability at 50), some amazing Christian friends have taken me in to live as a family member. They, and many other Christian friends, support my decision and accept me as I am. 

"That means a lot because I am now an athiest. I did not "choose" it. I am not "angry at God." I don't hate Christians because how could I even live with this family? 

"No, after decades of feeling a relationship with him, he just sort of evaporated. I spent 2 weeks in a panic, begging him to let me feel is presence again, but he wasn't there. I read the Bible again, slowly, carefully, and this time it made no more sense then that the moon is made of green cheese. 

"I am still me -- honest, law-abiding, compassionate, loyal. If anything ethics are even more important to me because I can't just pray to Jesus and feel better. I am ultimately responsible for solving my problems. 

"My X is a true believer: the virgin birth, the Resurrection, Christ's redeeming grace. He carried a Bible at all times even though he knew it by heart. He won't ask forgiveness for his offenses toward me because he believed he WAS living as the Bible proscribed. I would often walk in on him praying. It was not an act. But the bottom line is that he has faith and I don't, so in your view, if we both died in our sleep tonight, he would go to heaven and I would go to hell. To me, that is not a moral code. 

"My son is a fine young man, but suffers from anxiety and depression and says he wishes we would have divorced sooner. He went into hiding soon after I did and rarely talks with his father after his father flew into a violent rage with him at his workplace. 

"So that's it. You say I have slandered both you and Debi. I give up that argument because I could take screen shots and it would not matter. But I want you to know that you and your readers slandered ME above. 

"It would be interesting to know what people would say to my story. That I made it up because Christian men don't act that way and I lied about being submissive? That I was never "really a Christian because Christians don't lose their faith? 

"In the event that you would actually post it, Lori, I would ask that you post it all ... not just a few portions to make me look bad. Posting only part of it would be slander. It is your blog, but it is my testimony and my life."

And, Lori's reply:

Knowing God has nothing to do with feelings, Teresa. Everyone knows there is a God. Atheist are simply angry with Him. You look at creation and know there is a God; a God who loves you and forgives you when you ask Him to but you must believe in Him and the work of His Son on the cross. 

You can't base anything on your feelings because your feelings will lie to you. If your X has repented of his actions and believed in Jesus, he will be saved but faith without works is dead. If he says he is a believer but doesn't show any fruit, he is most likely not a believer. However, you can be the kindest, most compassionate person ever but still not be saved because you refuse to believe. He wasn't a Christian man because Christian men don't act that way. Anyone who acts that way, one must assume that he isn't saved and pray for his repentance; turning away from his wicked ways. 

I am truly sorry for your marriage, Teresa, but that doesn't mean I will change my mind about divorce since I go by the Word of God and not someone's experience. Yes, God can forgive you for divorcing your husband, just as he can forgive anyone for anything if they repent and believe in Him as the Savior of their soul. I encourage you to begin reading your Bible again because His Word doesn't come back void. Find a good Bible believing church and start going to it. Stop being mad at God because He isn't the one who caused your husband to act that way. It was sin that had him in bondage. He was a miserable man. Anyone in bondage to sin is miserable. 

If you had someone speaking life into your life at that time and being there for you, you may have had the courage to stand up to him in the strength of the Lord. I am mentoring one woman who is married to a very mean man but she stands strong in the Lord. She has many godly women praying for her and giving her strength. She isn't afraid of him and continues to renew her mind with God's Truth instead of allowing her husband to get the best of her. She loves her husband and cares more for his soul than for her happiness. She is an amazing woman but she isn't doing it on her own. She has lots of support from godly women and elders. This is what you needed in your life. No woman in a difficult marriage should try to do it on her own. You can read her words on this post ~ http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/02/servitu... 

1 Peter 2 explains how Christ has suffered for us and the next chapter begins with "Likewise.." Some women will suffer under disobedient husbands and may win them to themselves and to the Lord by clinging to the Lord and His ways but they do need support. This is what the body of Christ is for; they are Jesus' hands and feet to the lost and hurting.

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

I love my new carpet! I use to have to vacuum my dark green carpet almost every day because it always showed everything. This carpet never needs to be vacuumed! It shows nothing.

Aw, it's nice that she no longer has to actually clean her house. I bet it's just LOVELY with all that dirt not showing AT ALL. Except maybe the clouds of dust billowing up around your foot every time you take a step. 

Also, what's a "rose pedal"? She uses it to make lotions? Sounds more like something you'd use on a bike. But what do I know? I'm a lowly woman who actually vacuums occasionally. 

If you believe in G-d, you also believe in Satan. I think the latter,not the former, wrote Lori's reply above - and many more of her replies to the women she 'mentors'. I dislike this woman with an intense passion I have never felt before for a stranger.....:my_confused:

Another reader has responded:

What is quoted above about Mr. Pearl's recommendations regarding what to do if your husband molests your children comes from an article that was posted on the No Greater Joy website several years ago. You can read the entire article here: 
http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/abusive-husband/

The advice is just as deplorable when read in full as it is as quoted above.

Lori:

Thank you, Genevieve, but this quote wasn't in Created to Be His Help Meet as Teresa has said and the quote wasn't the same as she wrote. Debi told her to make sure the children were safe {probably separated from him and living in different homes} and he sought counseling. If he was unwilling and she thought the children were unsafe to have him arrested. She, at no time, supports anything that will cause children to be unsafe or in harms way concerning the father. And God does hate divorce. Period. This is biblical.

In other words, because the other commenter had the source wrong (right author but different publication--although it could have been from an earlier printing that Lori doesn't have), Lori can just dismiss it. 

Here's a comparison of what Teresa said is in Created to Be His Helpmeet and what the NGJ website says. Teresa's words are in regular font, and the website version is in italics. I've boldfaced things that were changed in the website version.

But if your husband has sexually abused the children, you should approach him about it.
But if your husband has sexually molested the children, you should approach him with it.

If he is willing to seek counseling and repent, fine and good.
If he is truly repentant (not just exposed) and is willing to seek counseling, you may feel comfortable giving him an opportunity to prove himself, as long as you know the children are safe.

But if not, go to the law and have him arrested.
If there is any thought that they are not safe, or if he is not repentant and willing to seek help, then go to the law and have him arrested.

Stick by him, but testify against him in court.
Stick by him, but testify against him in court.

Have him do about 10-20 years, and by the time he gets out you will have raised the kids, and you can be waiting for him with open arms of love and restitution.
Have him do about 10 to 20 years, and by the time he gets out, you will have raised the kids, and you can be waiting for him with open arms of forgiveness and restitution.

Will this glorify God? Forever.
Will this glorify God? Forever.

You ask, 'But what if he doesn't repent, even then?' Then you will be rewarded in heaven, equal to the martyrs, and God will have something to rub in the Devil's face.
You ask, “What if he doesn’t repent even then?” Then you will be rewarded in heaven equal to the martyrs, and God will have something to rub in the Devil’s face.

God hates divorce -- always, regardless and without exception.
God hates divorce—always, forever, regardless, without exception.

The version on the website is somewhat softened--but it still places great burden on the wife. She now has to determine whether her husband is truly repentant. A woman who truly wants her husband to be repentant may well see things that aren't truly there. At the very least, church authorities should be called in to make this determination in accordance with the process laid out in Matthew 18. And what is she supposed to do if he is repentant but is unwilling to seek help?

What Lori completely ignores, even in the version she can see on the website, is the fact that for children who were sexually abused by their father, simply being in his presence will be unsafe. Even if they are safe physically, they will be very unsafe emotionally and mentally because such basic trust has been broken. Even if the father never touches them again, being in the same home as him is likely to add to the damage. Even looking at the website version, Lori just doesn't get it.

I have never seen an ounce of compassion for anyone. Being nice to people who agree with you isn't compassion. It's just using good manners. This woman has shared a very difficult story. Lori's initial response is to challenge Teresa for not having gone to church authorities. The closest Lori comes to compassion is this:

I am truly sorry for your marriage, Teresa, but that doesn't mean I will change my mind about divorce since I go by the Word of God and not someone's experience. 

She doesn't say she is sorry for Teresa, just that she is sorry for the marriage. And any time you follow a kind comment with a phrase that starts with "but," you pretty much cancel out the first part of the sentence. In other words, Lori isn't actually sorry for Teresa's marriage. 

All she needed to say was, "I'm so sorry you've experienced so much hurt in your life, Teresa." End. There is no need to follow it up with continued defensiveness. She is using the woman's deep pain to further justify her own interpretation of the bible. In my book, this is spiritually abusive.

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

All she needed to say was, "I'm so sorry you've experience so much hurt in your life, Teresa." End. There is no need to follow it up with continued defensiveness. She is using the woman's deep pain to further justify her own interpretation of the bible. In my book, this is spiritually abusive.

YES!!!! This is what she is - not a spiritual mentor, but a spiritual abuser. I can't but wonder about both her childhood and her marriage, and how she arrived at her particularly unempathetic and harsh version of Xtian faith.

Reader:

Teresa said that she was a pastor's wife. Therefore her husband, the pastor, is the person a woman in her situation should turn to for help. Except in her particular situation he -- her husband **and** her pastor -- was the cause of the abuse. 

To whom should she turn then? Who in the church would have authority over the pastor? Particularly, as she says, he denied he had done anything wrong at all, would not acknowledge his behavior and would not repent?

Lori:

The elders should have known about this! The teaching pastor is just one of many elders. Let's not get into the "what ifs." It's never helpful.

Lori Alexander 120p · 26 minutes ago

Elizabeth,

I will not publish your comments so you might as well give up slandering the Pearls on my blog. I would not be where I am today if it hadn't been for their teachings. I love them! Are they perfect? NO! Do I worship them? NO! I worship the God they love. Yes, they've made mistakes like all of us and I don't agree with everything that they teach but I don't agree with anybody 100%. The Bible is the only thing I agree with 100%. Even the Pearls tell us to go to the Word and measure everything they teach by it, just as I do. So please, there are many other places on the Internet where you can slander them and me, but you can't do it here!

Thank you.

Well, this sums things up better than anything I could think of to say about Lori Alexander. 

Also, I love how she posts her own snotty response to Elizabeth without posting Elizabeth's actual comment. She is such a seventh grade mean girl.  And we all know Lori is just loving this drama with Teresa. She loves climbing upon her horse of truth and watching from above as her fellow vultures swoop in to feast on the carcass. "Hey look, girls! I've found a weak one. I'll take her down then you can come in and enjoy the scraps!"

I am certain, though, that there have been MANY comments in support of Teresa and her quotes from the Pearls. Lori, however, simply gets to refuse to publish them and POOF! they never happened. 

Hey Ken, tell us again about how kind your wife is to the women she encounters through her blog.  How can you be proud of this?

I haven't read the latest comments, but do you know what struck me about Debi Pearl? She is pretty mild with the husband who sexually abuses his kids. Lock him up, yeah, but then forgive him and let him back in the house, God will like that.

But the Dad who encourages his son to engage in homosexual activity--HE is a PERVERT! It's a sin not to disobey him!! He must be locked up forever!

8 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I haven't read the latest comments, but do you know what struck me about Debi Pearl? She is pretty mild with the husband who sexually abuses his kids. Lock him up, yeah, but then forgive him and let him back in the house, God will like that.

But the Dad who encourages his son to engage in homosexual activity--HE is a PERVERT! It's a sin not to disobey him!! He must be locked up forever!

Just when she reached rock bottom, and you think she can't get any worse - she starts going even lower.:my_sad:

Lori- . Everyone knows there is a God. Atheist are simply angry with Him.

1. No Lori, nobody knows there is a God. Some people have FAITH there is a god. 

2. Atheists are not angry at God, ffs, we don't believe there is a God. My son believes in Bigfoot, I don't, that doesn't mean I know there is a Bigfoot but I'm just angry at it. Btw there is more evidence for Bigfoot then there is for a deity. 

8 minutes ago, Luvmyskinnyjeanz said:

Lori- . Everyone knows there is a God. Atheist are simply angry with Him.

1. No Lori, nobody knows there is a God. Some people have FAITH there is a god. 

2. Atheists are not angry at God, ffs, we don't believe there is a God. My son believes in Bigfoot, I don't, that doesn't mean I know there is a Bigfoot but I'm just angry at it. Btw there is more evidence for Bigfoot then there is for a deity. 

I officially want to marry you.:my_biggrin:

There- I fixed it for her.

Lori knows there is a Brahma. She is simply angry with Him. You look at creation and know there is a Brahma. 

Not so much fun when people tell you what you know, is it Lori?

or this one...

Everyone knows that Debi Pearl and Lori Alexander are bad for women and children. They are simply angry and want women and children to suffer. You can look at cases like Teresa's and see how bad Debi Pearl and Lori Alexander are for women and children.

I have gone round and round in my mind about Lori trying to decide exactly what I think about her. I've even tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe she just doesn't express herself clearly, maybe she has cognitive difficulties, maybe she isn't as bad as she sounds.

I am done with all that now. The way she spoke to that woman was cruel and heartless, and her complete and utter lack of empathy was actually chilling.  If anything, she sounds gleeful and triumphant, no compassion at all.  I realize now that Lori will never acknowledge that emotional/verbal abuse exist because she herself is an abuser, emotionally, verbally and spiritually.  

If I start believing in Buddha and, by extension, stop being so angry with him, will Lori be reincarnated as the wife of an abusive partner?  If so, sign me up.

7 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I have gone round and round in my mind about Lori trying to decide exactly what I think about her. I've even tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe she just doesn't express herself clearly, maybe she has cognitive difficulties, maybe she isn't as bad as she sounds.

I am done with all that now. The way she spoke to that woman was cruel and heartless, and her complete and utter lack of empathy was actually chilling.  If anything, she sounds gleeful and triumphant, no compassion at all.  I realize now that Lori will never acknowledge that emotional/verbal abuse exist because she herself is an abuser, emotionally, verbally and spiritually.  

Lori is a bully. She bullies her readers, she bullied her children and she likely bullies her grandchildren. She admits to bullying Ken before she decided to submit to his checkbook him as her headship.  The way she talks about herself as a young girl also indicates she was a bully to her classmates and her sisters. 

I have always found it interesting that she has grabbed one verse from the Bible that allows her to sit in her home and claim superiority to others, berate young women and claim to do it all in the name of Jesus; a verse that, in her mind, justifies bullying.  Why not cling to a verse about feeding the hungry? Caring for widows and orphans? Visiting the imprisoned? Going into all the world?  But no, it's the verse that tells older women to teach younger women.  It's like she looked for the verse that would take the least amount of effort on her part and said "eh....I can do that. Ken, will you buy me a computer?"

Being a lazy bully for Jesus - Lori's mastered that. 

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori is a bully. She bullies her readers, she bullied her children and she likely bullies her grandchildren. She admits to bullying Ken before she decided to submit to his checkbook him as her headship.  The way she talks about herself as a young girl also indicates she was a bully to her classmates and her sisters. 

I have always found it interesting that she has grabbed one verse from the Bible that allows her to sit in her home and claim superiority to others, berate young women and claim to do it all in the name of Jesus; a verse that, in her mind, justifies bullying.  Why not cling to a verse about feeding the hungry? Caring for widows and orphans? Visiting the imprisoned? Going into all the world?  But no, it's the verse that tells older women to teach younger women.  It's like she looked for the verse that would take the least amount of effort on her part and said "eh....I can do that. Ken, will you buy me a computer?"

Being a lazy bully for Jesus - Lori's mastered that. 

Because these things (a) require recognition and that others are actually suffering; (b) involve actually associating with the poor, less fortunate and/or unclean; and most importantly, (c) don't allow her to wallow in her own self-righteousness, and we just can't have that.  

Lori, I'm curious...are you having to constantly filter comments out? I guess I'm just not sure why people bother with blogs that go completely against their belief system. I have limited time on the computer, so I frequent the blogs that help me in my own life, that coincide with what I believe in, and that I find uplifting and encouraging. I would never spend time on an atheist blog or a working mom blog just to argue with people about how wrong they are...that sounds completely exhausting and negative. If someone spends that much time researching and disparaging all of those people that they disagree with, well, I just find that to be a sad waste of precious time.

Lori replies:

I agree 100% with you, Mrs. G. Usually their purpose is to discourage the writer of the blog and get them to stop. Many blogs I know have stopped due to getting the comments and even threats from those who oppose them. Many hate the name of Jesus and anything having to do with Him. This shouldn't surprise us since we are warned about this in the Word.

That's a flat out lie.

I can link and quote Lori going to multiple blogs to argue with the writers about their decision to work / spank / not have a submissive marriage / support the Pearls...etc.  

*sigh* and only Lori would think so highly of herself as to equate not liking her, with not liking Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Hera said:

Because these things (a) require recognition and that others are actually suffering; (b) involve actually associating with the poor, less fortunate and/or unclean; and most importantly, (c) don't allow her to wallow in her own self-righteousness, and we just can't have that.  

They also don't allow her to sit at home on the net all day.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I know so many women who take Titus 2 to heart. They work to establish relationships with younger women, invite them into their homes and lives, listen to their struggles, and provide an understanding ear and a shoulder to cry on. Even with online mentoring, it is possible to teach with empathy and compassion. Given Lori's chronic pain, it would make sense for her to do things online. The way she approaches it, though, is like she is trying to check off a list of things she supposed to do before she dies just so she can hand the completed list to God to bully her way into heaven. It would be better if she were to truly mentor one woman with compassion than do what she is doing now.

45 minutes ago, Koala said:

That's a flat out lie.

I can link and quote Lori going to multiple blogs to argue with the writers about their decision to work / spank / not have a submissive marriage / support the Pearls...etc.  

No kidding! It is definitely a lie. She tries to insert herself into far too many other blogs to discourage the writers and get them to stop.

Lori, about the negative comments about the Pearls:

You are right. With the Pearls, Michael has said that every quote of his that has been taken to slander him was either taken out of context or twisted. This is what the enemy of our souls love to do. 

She has already shown zero compassion to a woman who shared very difficult experiences. She has already told that woman that she made a wrong decision and has placed the burden of the difficulty on that woman's shoulders. Because he woman has quoted the Pearls and has "slandered" the Pearls (according to Lori, that is), Lori is now telling her that her negative comments about the Pearls are because of satan. Lori is a wretched woman.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived