IGNORED

Sarah Palin Used Cocaine & Had Affair

doggie

What was that scandal? I never watched him until this summer. I don't watch him everyday, generally once or twice/week. He often annoys me.

Nell

The scandal involving Robin had to do with some of the things Phil and his producers do behind the scenes. It was well known when the Dr. Phil show started that Robin was heavily involved behind the scenes. In the time Phil and the producers did a lot of things that didn't look too good. The producers once bailed out a teen delinquent out of jail because they were hoping for Phil to interview her and Robin reportedly didn't like that and several identified sources admitted that Robin's involvement with the show has lessened in the past few years. There have numerous rumors about Robing and one of the sons, Jay mistreating employees who work at the show and at the family home.

"I'm asking this a serious question, what is the root of the vehement hatred some people have for Sarah Palin? I don't think I've ever seen people go after a non-elected official in the manner they have with her. " Srsly?

Well, she was elected, and then quit because the pickings were greener elsewhere. And Hillary Clinton...there is someone "people have gone after". I don't hate her, I wouldn't waste the energy. But I do wish she would stop trading on her sex appeal, and go HOME if she isn't running. Alas we seem to be stuck with her and Bristol.

Fair enough...thanks for the clarification.

I diagree with you regarding her qualifications. She was the governor of a state. Obama hadn't even completed one term in the US Senate and had a history of voting "present" as a state senator and he was elected President! In terms of experience and qualifications, Palin had more than our current president.

Has she lied, been petty and vindictive? Sure, but so are all politicians. I guess that is where my confusion lies. Is there anything she has done that is worse than Bush, Clinton, or Obama?

Full disclosure: I am a conservative, but not necessarily a Palin supporter. I do agree with a lot of what she stands for, though not all.

Anyways, I suspect political debate is off topic here. Thanks again for the clarification.

Oh, for the love of mike. . . the virtues of Palin vs. President Obama? To me, it's not even right to put their names in the same sentence. Firstly, how much do you know about Alaska? It's got a population of fewer people than the city I live in, which is not even among the top ten largest cities in the country. So basically, she's presided over fewer people than my mayor, and with a much bigger budget in a state flush with cash in comparison to other states. And even my mayor's most ardent supporters would not support him for president - lol. So big whoop-de-doo. So I don't consider her political experience any more significant than his, so at best, that's a wash. But there's more. . .

Secondly, I know not everyone agrees with me on this, but I want a president who is smarter than me. Significantly smarter. I don't want to have a beer or coffee with him/her. I don't need to relate to a presidential candidate on any personal level. Even Obama's detractors (the serious ones) don't dispute that he is extremely intelligent. You can fix a lot of things, but you can't fix stupid. I want someone with both some book learnin' and the confidence that he/she has the intellect to synthesize all sorts of important facts and information that I could never hope to understand, at least all at once. I'll take Columbia and Harvard Law over four or five different colleges in five or six years. And yes, I guess that makes me an elitist, but please see the first sentence of this paragraph. After Bush, we were basically the laughing stock of the civilized world, and I think this country is better than that.

And believe me, I have my criticisms of the president, mostly that he is too pragmatic and is seriously hampered by what appears to be a character flaw in a president: the tendency to always be the adult in the room no matter how everyone else is behaving. And he's governed too much from the center. He's actually governed to the right of presidents like Nixon and Ford in many of his policies. But those are separate topics.

As far as what she stands for? She only stands for Palin. She's shown herself to be quite willing to put herself ahead of her state and her country.

I'm not going to defend Bush, because I have no defense for him, even though I voted for him (ugghhh - they say life is full of regrets) and I'm sure that conservative radio does that enough for you. And yes, the whole country knows that Clinton lied. And that politicians lie a lot. But most are smart enough about it to at least make it a lie with plausible deniability, but not Palin. She lies about things that are easily debunked or disproved. I believe she thinks so highly of herself that she believes the sheer force of her charm and personality will make people believe her. Uh, no, people do know how to google. Especially reporters.

You're a conservative and I'm not going to change your mind. I could give you a whole list of the President's accomplishments, but I'm sure that would not be compelling to you. I'm an ex-conservative and it's true that there's no whore like a reformed whore. Now that I've realized the error of my ways, I'm not going back to the party of "I've got mine so everyone else can go screw themselves". ;)

edited for riffle

After Bush, we were basically the laughing stock of the civilized world, and I think this country is better than that.

Well, Bush just goes to show that you need more than Ivy League credentials to be intelligent. Of course, Obama's father went to the University of Hawaii and his grandfather was a goat herder in Kenya or something like that (I'm not trying to stereotype Africans by saying this, I just remember hearing something to that effect possibly in Dreams From My Father?), so he didn't get into Columbia because he was a legacy.

But I agree that I'd rather have a president who is smarter than I am. Because I think I'm a pretty smart person, but I couldn't solve this country's problems. To paraphrase Sarah Vowell, we need a president who is ten different types of nerd and will slowly decrypt our woes.

Archived