IGNORED

Mother Angelica has died

Cleopatra7

1 hour ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I'm sure there are some Catholics who wear those things to cause discomfort, but my grandpa who was heavily influenced by the Jesuit schools he attended wasn't one of them. He was pretty strict in his beliefs, but he never took things to that extreme. Not that long after Teri Schaivo was allowed to die, my grandpa made it clear that if there was no quality of life, he wanted all life support shut off. His request was honored, despite some nuns having a fit, but he died quickly because his organs were already shutting down.

My Grandpa was the same the last few years, no extraordinary measures taken and to let him go if he was in a vegetative state.

@Buzzard,  according to Catholic belief, if you die in a State of Grace with no punishment due to venial sin, you go straight to Heaven.  If you are due punishment for venial (minor) sins, then it's time in Purgatory.  Mortal sins send you to hell.  I don't believe any of that, of course.

It's pretty bold for the Pope to say that Mother Angelica is in Heaven.  She's not been officially canonized which is the official declaration that a person is in Heaven.

Archived