IGNORED

I Did It... I Joined the TLC Forums

muffynbear

This should be exciting. Since I'm anti-Duggar and just about everyone there is pro-Duggar, it should be a fun experience. I'm not posting over there to troll, but to offer a more balanced opinion, if you will. Does anyone else here at FJ post on the TLC forums?

I have never posted at the TLC forums. But I have lurked there several times. I have seen some ant-Duggar posters there and they usually fight quite a bit with the pro-Duggar fans like chrislukas. The forums there are heavily moderated at times. Some threads disappear here and there.

I used to post there all the time but got annoyed because Chrislukas would lash out at anyone who said the slightest negative thing about them. Then I discovered this board and felt more at peace.

Good luck posting there because you'll definitely get chewed up, even if you try to be neutral. You're either all the way pro-Duggar, everything they say is right, or you're hated.

This should be exciting. Since I'm anti-Duggar and just about everyone there is pro-Duggar, it should be a fun experience. I'm not posting over there to troll, but to offer a more balanced opinion, if you will. Does anyone else here at FJ post on the TLC forums?

I've been a member for 2 years but only post occasionally. Same name as here.

Nell

I've noticed it's a little more negative lately but most of the negative posts are not blatantly anti-Duggar. Just about Josie and germs or about Josh's being late, eating before oral surgery, etc. But I think the tide is turning!

At one time there was both a TLC board and a discovery health board. I quit posting on the discovery health one as it seemed to give me viruses.

I only rarely post on the TLC one and not on my home computer for the same reason. As to the content, Chrislukas thinks that the Duggars are a deity, and can do no wrong. That would not be so bad, but she is rude, obnoxious and just generally mean to anyone who disagrees with her. There are less than 10 posters on that board now.

That irks the shit out of me. Why should one poster have the leeway or power to alienate others. Chrisklukas seriously needs to be put in her metaphorical place. However, I don't think it'll ever happen

That irks the shit out of me. Why should one poster have the leeway or power to alienate others. Chrisklukas seriously needs to be put in her metaphorical place. However, I don't think it'll ever happen

Well, I already pissed off ChrisLukas. I didn't say anything inflammatory, I just stated my opinion. Chris Lukas was not happy about this. Oh well. Here's what I wrote:

Yes, I hope this is the case. I hope Jana realizes that she can obtain a REAL education and career. I hope Jana realizes that she can walk out the door at any time and there is nothing that Jim Bob and Michelle and can do about it. Nothing. Most importantly, I hope Jana realizes that she has rights. She has the right to leave and the right to live her life the way she sees fit. That's what scares me so much about the Duggars and their ilk. They act as if women are not valued for anything else except being "keeper of the home".

This is what ChrisLukas responded:

Why make it sound like being a "keeper of the home" is some sort of low-life, less worthy,option in life. I see being a wife and a mother the absolute highest profession a woman could do. Women who choose to stay at home with their kids and be homemakers have my deepest respect, much more respect than a mother who chooses to be a lawyer or corporate executive. It's a disservice to women and mothers who choose to stay at home when you treat them like their choice is somehow less worthy and less important than going out and working a job. I think women who are valued for being the keeper of the home have the highest honor and have achieved more than a lot of women ever will.

Someone should invite her to FJ ... or not. LOL.

Why make it sound like being a "keeper of the home" is some sort of low-life, less worthy,option in life. I see being a wife and a mother the absolute highest profession a woman could do. Women who choose to stay at home with their kids and be homemakers have my deepest respect, much more respect than a mother who chooses to be a lawyer or corporate executive. It's a disservice to women and mothers who choose to stay at home when you treat them like their choice is somehow less worthy and less important than going out and working a job. I think women who are valued for being the keeper of the home have the highest honor and have achieved more than a lot of women ever will.

I love (not really) how she criticized you for making it sound like staying at home is a lesser choice, but then she went and admitted that she thinks less of women who work outside the home. Hypocritical much? You didn't say that there was anything wrong with staying at home; you simply pointed out that a woman should be allowed to choose what works best for her family without pressure or judgement either way.

That response from chrislukas is something other Duggar defenders have made a lot times online. chrislukas and other Duggar defenders basically get their panties in a wad when someone mentions or says that the Duggar girls have other options in life.

I hate to sound cruel, but I rolled my eyes at the below part of chrislukas's response. If women choose to stay at home with their kids that is fine and it is their choice. I know several women who are happy staying at home. I think chrislukas was trying to defend her precious Michelle. In my opinion someone like Michelle Duggar will never achieve as much as a women who are doctors out in the world helping people or women who are social workers, lawyers, cops etc. chrislukas should realize that part of the reason our society functions as well as it does is because of working women in addition to the women who stay home raising families.

I think women who are valued for being the keeper of the home have the highest honor and have achieved more than a lot of women ever will

Ugh that woman annoys me so much. She came up with so many excuses for the Duggars for the way they acted like. I remember her defending Josh and Joseph when they drank sweet tea before their wisdom teeth removal.

Ugh that woman annoys me so much. She came up with so many excuses for the Duggars for the way they acted like. I remember her defending Josh and Joseph when they drank sweet tea before their wisdom teeth removal.

What was her defense for Smuggar and Joseph?

What was her defense for Smuggar and Joseph?

Her defense for Joseph was that he simply "forgot" since he's a teenager and all. Here are her exact words:

Josh should have known better. Joseph, well, I genuinely think he just really didn't think sweet tea would be classified as food, since water was allowed. I think he was being a typical air-head teen. JB and Michelle should have made sure that he knew and understood the instructions. Although one of the girls made it sound like the instructions were given to them and they failed to pass them along, so who knows.

JB was clearly joking when he said they should just use the bathroom...he broke out in a huge grin and it was pretty obvious that he was just fooling around.

And Josh mentioned the pain meds but he certainly didn't whine or demand (love how simple comments get blown out of proportion to make a point). I've seen a lot more mature, macho and even professional people turn into complete babies and wimps when it comes to dental work, so the comment about pain meds didn't surprise me at all. I think pretty much everyone knows that if men gave birth each family would have at most one child...men just seem to have a lower pain tolerance.

I didn't think the filming showed the girls in any negative way. They were out of it during the procedure and they looked to be doing fine afterwards. Didn't appear that the filming bothered them at all.

As far as it being disrespectful or rude to the dentist...I don't get too worried about that. They (doctors and dentists in general) keep their patients waiting way past their appointment time on a routine basis (mostly so they can cram as many people into one day as possible and then they misjudge and fall behind). I actually find it well-deserved when a doctor or dentist has to be the one inconvenienced since it happens to the patients all the time. I quite frequently will try to keep my doctor or dentist talking as long as possible since I want to get my money's worth out of my overpriced office call. And well, if that puts them behind, then maybe they shouldn't try to cram as many patients into one day

I swear that woman would defend the Duggars even if they turned out to be mass murderers.

She comes across as such a sad, bitter, miserable person.

OMG what an f'ing bitch. I hope she's not one of my patients.... When she is sick I bet she's damn happy that her doctor will fit her in even though that means "cramming in" another patient.

As far as it being disrespectful or rude to the dentist...I don't get too worried about that. They (doctors and dentists in general) keep their patients waiting way past their appointment time on a routine basis (mostly so they can cram as many people into one day as possible and then they misjudge and fall behind). I actually find it well-deserved when a doctor or dentist has to be the one inconvenienced since it happens to the patients all the time. I quite frequently will try to keep my doctor or dentist talking as long as possible since I want to get my money's worth out of my overpriced office call. And well, if that puts them behind, then maybe they shouldn't try to cram as many patients into one day

WTF?

She is effing crazee.

Her defense for Joseph was that he simply "forgot" since he's a teenager and all. Here are her exact words:

Josh should have known better. Joseph, well, I genuinely think he just really didn't think sweet tea would be classified as food, since water was allowed. .

Since when? When I went under I was NOT allowed to have water. I was not allowed to have ANYTHING orally. And my surgeon made absolutely sure of that before he even stuck me with the needle.

WTF?

She is effing crazee.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that part. Doctors and dentists do their best most of the time not to inconvenience patients and sometimes they don't cram as patients in one day. My parents are friends with a dentist and he has said that he often he goes through periods in which he doesn't have that many patients scheduling regular appointment and sometimes when he takes emergency appointments when he open times and those types of appointments can cause other previously appointments to be delayed.

I think her saying that as a way of defending Josh and Joseph is pretty lame. Both of the boys were inconveniencing a dentist who was ready to perform a somewhat major procedure. She is crazy to keep her doctors or dentists talking just so she can get her money's worth. I wonder if she realizes that with dental appointments, some of the money she or her insurance pays partially goes to some of supplies and medications used for treatment. Not all of the money is going to the dentist or his practice.

I swear, this type of strawman argument ALWAYS happens with the Duggar faithful. She deliberately misconstrues what's being said to make it sound like the original poster was expressing a negative opinion of SAHMs. The point is not that being a SAHM is some kind of lesser choice, it's the fact that they should have a choice and they don't.

I got into it with another poster on a different board about the Josh/Anna courtship. During one of those episodes, Michelle comments that J&A came to her and asked how they should behave, if they should hold hands or whatever, and she had to tell them what to do. The point is, if you still have to ask your parents how to act with your own fiance, you're too immature to have one. She, of course, starts on a rant about how young people now are too promiscuous and she applauds J&A for choosing to be pure, etc. You'd even think that Michelle's terrible hairstyle would get universal thumbs-down, but people will defend that too: "What's wrong with long hair? I have long hair". Yes, but do you think the femullet is an attractive style? No? Then we're not talking about you :roll:

We rarely wait at the dentist's office. When it does happen, it usually seems to be b/c of an emergency situation. We don't mind, as I would hope that if I or anyone in my family had a dental emergency that others would be willing to understand and not blame the dentist and sit their asses down for a little while longer or reschedule.

Another provider texts us in advance if her schedule is backed up at all, so we can plan our arrival accordingly.

Someone we wait 15-20 minutes to see our family doctor. But I do not begrudge her this b/c she's really seeing us as a kindness to our family and b/c of the relationship we've developed with her over many years. About five years ago, she closed her PCP practice and took a position with a large hospital where she supervises resident doctors. She does a lot of teaching. I hope those new docs learn a lot from her, b/c she is a very good doctor, knows her stuff backwards and forwards, AND is very kind and caring. Anyhoo, she really doesn't see many patients herself any more. There is our family and I believe two other long-time families that followed her to the new position.

Some offices do overbook and doublebook (way back when he we had a pediatrician, he did this a lot), but there are now many practices that don't. I feel privileged that we have private insurance and can't imagine whining about a reasonable wait as I know that many people out there do not have the luxury private insurance care and wait for hours and hours in clinics to get the health care they need.

This whackadoodle we're discussing seems to have very grandiose ideas about herself.

We rarely wait at the dentist's office. When it does happen, it usually seems to be b/c of an emergency situation. We don't mind, as I would hope that if I or anyone in my family had a dental emergency that others would be willing to understand and not blame the dentist and sit their asses down for a little while longer or reschedule.

Another provider texts us in advance if her schedule is backed up at all, so we can plan our arrival accordingly.

Someone we wait 15-20 minutes to see our family doctor. But I do not begrudge her this b/c she's really seeing us as a kindness to our family and b/c of the relationship we've developed with her over many years. About five years ago, she closed her PCP practice and took a position with a large hospital where she supervises resident doctors. She does a lot of teaching. I hope those new docs learn a lot from her, b/c she is a very good doctor, knows her stuff backwards and forwards, AND is very kind and caring. Anyhoo, she really doesn't see many patients herself any more. There is our family and I believe two other long-time families that followed her to the new position.

Some offices do overbook and doublebook (way back when he we had a pediatrician, he did this a lot), but there are now many practices that don't. I feel privileged that we have private insurance and can't imagine whining about a reasonable wait as I know that many people out there do not have the luxury private insurance care and wait for hours and hours in clinics to get the health care they need.

This whackadoodle we're discussing seems to have very grandiose ideas about herself.

Perfect word to describe her. Part of that post and her saying how she inconveniences doctors and dentists just because she has to wait or is kept longer than her appointment time just proved that she has a grandiose ideas.

I don't mind arguing with people if they see both sides to the argument--as my dad would say "don't argue stupidly" and for that wackadoodle, you either agreed with her side or get attacked for your opposing view. In her eyes, she was right and everyone else were wrong, although she refused to believe that at times as well.

I swear, this type of strawman argument ALWAYS happens with the Duggar faithful. She deliberately misconstrues what's being said to make it sound like the original poster was expressing a negative opinion of SAHMs. The point is not that being a SAHM is some kind of lesser choice, it's the fact that they should have a choice and they don't.

I got into it with another poster on a different board about the Josh/Anna courtship. During one of those episodes, Michelle comments that J&A came to her and asked how they should behave, if they should hold hands or whatever, and she had to tell them what to do. The point is, if you still have to ask your parents how to act with your own fiance, you're too immature to have one. She, of course, starts on a rant about how young people now are too promiscuous and she applauds J&A for choosing to be pure, etc. You'd even think that Michelle's terrible hairstyle would get universal thumbs-down, but people will defend that too: "What's wrong with long hair? I have long hair". Yes, but do you think the femullet is an attractive style? No? Then we're not talking about you :roll:

I have also seen the femullet defended on different boards. chrislukas and others on different boards often will deliberately misconstrue anything to partially defend Mullet, if someone mentions that there are options instead of being a SAHM. I have seen posters on a few site also defend courtships and Josh and Anna as if they are the greatest young couple in the world.

Archived