IGNORED

New fundie movie: God's Not Dead 2

Jingerbread

1 hour ago, Jenirishdancer said:

Really? Melissa Joan hart? Is she religious?

That was my first thought. After all, she's most famous for playing Sabrina the Teenage *Witch*... And then I vaguely remembered that she did a really racy photo shoot a number of years ago (I looked it up, it was Maxim ~17 years ago and now I feel old). Which makes me even more surprised at the casting choice. Maybe she's only recently become very religious? 

4 minutes ago, December said:

That was my first thought. After all, she's most famous for playing Sabrina the Teenage *Witch*... And then I vaguely remembered that she did a really racy photo shoot a number of years ago (I looked it up, it was Maxim ~17 years ago and now I feel old). Which makes me even more surprised at the casting choice. Maybe she's only recently become very religious? 

Don't feel too old! I remember the photo shoot too (I'll be 40 in August)! I guess either the money is really good (doubt it) or she is into it as a subject.  There movies are pretty intense, right?

1 hour ago, Jenirishdancer said:

Don't feel too old! I remember the photo shoot too (I'll be 40 in August)! I guess either the money is really good (doubt it) or she is into it as a subject.  There movies are pretty intense, right?

If by intense you mean lame, poorly researched, terribly acted, shittilynwritten, and containing the poorest arguments I've heard in a movie, then sure, intense as hell.

God's Not Dead 2:  God's Undead. 

Melissa Joan Hart was born into a Catholic family. Her husband is Baptist. I remember she had some kind of reality show about her wedding and I recall they were married in the Catholic church. Someone on twitter asked her if she was practicing Catholic and her response is below.   Her Facebook and instagram pages contain a lot of religious themed pictures and posts.  Years ago, she posted things on MySpace that were a bit homophobic. Her husband is a musician and was in band. He writes songs too. He had drama with Chris Daughtry over a collaboration on a song. Melissa posted about how Chris's work made the song "gay". She was accused of being a homophobe.

Overall, when it comes to religion, she seems like more toned down version of Candace and Kirk Cameron.

More of a Presbyterian after marrying a Baptist. Its great middle ground and I love it! RT @KatieFredd: are you a practicing Catholic?

11 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Melissa Joan Hart was born into a Catholic family. Her husband is Baptist. I remember she had some kind of reality show about her wedding and I recall they were married in the Catholic church. Someone on twitter asked her if she was practicing Catholic and her response is below.   Her Facebook and instagram pages contain a lot of religious themed pictures and posts.  Years ago, she posted things on MySpace that were a bit homophobic. Her husband is a musician and was in band. He writes songs too. He had drama with Chris Daughtry over a collaboration on a song. Melissa posted about how Chris's work made the song "gay". She was accused of being a homophobe.

Overall, when it comes to religion, she seems like more toned down version of Candace and Kirk Cameron.

Wow I didn't know that! Thanks for the information!! Ya learn something new everyday :)

14 minutes ago, Cannelle said:

If by intense you mean lame, poorly researched, terribly acted, shittilynwritten, and containing the poorest arguments I've heard in a movie, then sure, intense as hell.

Valid points!, lol  I guess I should've clarified! I meant intense in the religion department.  

I seen the trailers for this particular cinematic equivalent of dog excrement on toast.  I prefer to watch these awful movies on You Tube (being reviewed and snarked on by Creationist Cat, Cinema Snob, or The Bible Reloaded). 

Flora kitty are you familiar with the podcast God Awful Movies? Oh and I really wish I could get my hands on a copy of the MST3K breaking down the first one. My husband watched the movie and enjoyed it. Then again he enjoyed Heaven Is For Real too, I watched with him and was less than impressed.

I can't remember which of the Republican candidates  Melissa Joan Hart was endorsing in the primary. but I read it on a list of endorsements on Wikipedia.  She endorsed Mittens in 2012 though.

9 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

Alternate titles:

God 2: Electric Boogaloo

2 God 2 Furious 

You win the internets. 

7 hours ago, Cannelle said:

So it's a zombie flick?

2 hours ago, NeverQuivered said:

So it's a zombie flick?

If it's based on the bible, and Jesus becomes undead, isn't it about zombies?

5 hours ago, Jingerbread said:

If it's based on the bible, and Jesus becomes undead, isn't it about zombies?

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Jesus, too. 

(Sorry guys, can't stop. This is too funny to me.)

23 hours ago, infooverload said:

Flora kitty are you familiar with the podcast God Awful Movies? Oh and I really wish I could get my hands on a copy of the MST3K breaking down the first one. My husband watched the movie and enjoyed it. Then again he enjoyed Heaven Is For Real too, I watched with him and was less than impressed.

No, but I'll check them out.

22 minutes ago, infooverload said:

Let me know your take, fair warning they can be vulgar with their sense of humor.

They're okay. The way that they talk over one another reminds me of the Drunken Peasants. The vulgarity doesn't bother me.  (
I listened to their podcast about War Room.)  

5 hours ago, infooverload said:

Let me know your take, fair warning they can be vulgar with their sense of humor.

Sounds like my kind of fun

Since my Undead idea has been taken:

God's Not Dead 2: Son of God's Not Dead

On 3/2/2016 at 8:38 PM, closetcagebaby said:

Alternate titles:

God 2: Electric Boogaloo

2 God 2 Furious 

God's Not Dead 3: Nazareth Drift

Archived