IGNORED

The One Where Ken Alexander Offers to Coach The Donald.

4 hours ago, SpurgeonSquarepants said:

"...*Bouquet* residence, lady of the house speaking..."

Grew up watching Britcoms on PBS on Saturday nights. Loved every one of them. Bonus was Fundie-lite Parents didn't understand the very dry humor or British slang, so I got to watch. :) All was good as long as I didn't laugh at something they didn't. :dance:

Finding this show, and Vicar of Dibley on Netflix became binge watching events. Now if someone would just put Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served up for online viewing. 

Me too, memories! I have decidedly un-fundie liberal parents and they watched all of these with me. Got my mom most on DVD, but that was before streaming netflix :my_shy:

12 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Grew up watching Britcoms on PBS on Saturday nights. Loved every one of them. Bonus was Fundie-lite Parents didn't understand the very dry humor or British slang, so I got to watch. :) All was good as long as I didn't laugh at something they didn't. :dance:

Finding this show, and Vicar of Dibley on Netflix became binge watching events. Now if someone would just put Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served up for online viewing. 

Add Blackadder and Waiting for God(how appropriate!!)

Perhaps Ken just wants to meet Melania?  And of course there is that sticky business of Trump's daughter converting to Judaism before her marriage.  Lori could mentor her........

I loved the Vicar of Dibley. Watching it as a kid I failed to recognize what my parents would consider inappropriate humour. (Apparently they failed to recognize it, too). Sadly they pulled Waiting for God from the weekend schedule. :( But we still have Keeping Up Appearances and As Time Goes By!

@BamaBelle, the last time I checked most of the episodes of Are You Being Served? are on Youtube.  I've watched many of them.  Only snippets of Keeping Up Appearances are there though.

7 hours ago, Koala said:

We totally need Coaching The Don as a user title :pb_lol: 

Or better yet, we need his and her user titles.  For His: Coaching the Future President

For Her: Speaking for The God of the Universe

tagging @happy atheist for her convenience.

Up until the "I'd vote for you over Hilary" bit, he actually had some good points. I'm also impressed that he realizes that something would have to replace obamacare (besides oils and organic food) The idea that the Donald would accept coaching from anyone, especially the likes of Ken is laughable. 

Sadly, I didn't get some of those on our local PBS, but can I get an amen for the Red Green Show..

"All Lodge members: (Possum Lodge oath) Quando omni flunkus, moritati. (Translation: When all else fails, play dead.) All Lodge members: (Reciting the "Men's Prayer") I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess."

24 minutes ago, Full enough quiver said:

Up until the "I'd vote for you over Hilary" bit, he actually had some good points. I'm also impressed that he realizes that something would have to replace obamacare (besides oils and organic food) The idea that the Donald would accept coaching from anyone, especially the likes of Ken is laughable. 

Would he vote for Trump over Sanders?

The only person who is more arrogant and conceded than Trump is the person who thinks they can teach him anything.

13 hours ago, BamaBelle said:

Oh, the Vicar od Dibley is also very good! And "As Time Goes By," if you haven't already seen it.

As Time Goes By stars the wonderful Dame Judi Dench and the just as wonderful Geoffrey Palmer as two former lovers that got separated by WWII only to meet again years later when they are both widowed.  They rekindle their love but the rekindling is not without its bumps along the way.

Sometimes I still watch PBS when I can't find anything else good enough on, and one of my current favorite series shown now is Doc Martin. One year, I got my mom As Time Goes By on DVD because she's always loved that show, and I happen to have Fawlty Towers in my DVD collection.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

LOL, the trump post!  This is what has really been bothering them...that its been 4 months and Trump hasn't responded to them! How dare he ignore the Alexanders?!!  Lori reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket from "Keeping up Appearances", if anyone knows that british show. Always thinking they are more important than they are. 

I remember "Keeping Up Appearances"! It was inexplicably on at my grandparents' house sometimes (they did not get British television--must have been a re-broadcast on PBS). I actually didn't remember the name of the show, but apparently, Hyacinth is unforgettable.

Archived