IGNORED

Chucking College: Achieve Success Without Corruption

roddma

She quotes Doug Phillips the Rapist/Tool on page 109 in the Chapter 6 sample:

"Doug Phillips has said, 'College is a trip through Babylon. If the academics don't get you, the dorm life will."

And the book has been endorsed by none other than Jennie Chancey, Kevin Swanson, and Nancy Campbell - all shining lights in the "Keep the wimminfolk barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" school.

Gag me.

5 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

And the book has been endorsed by none other than Jennie Chancey, Kevin Swanson, and Nancy Campbell - all shining lights in the "Keep the wimminfolk barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" school.

Gag me.

She also thinks Jackie Kennedy is someone to aspire to, what with her grace and superb hostess skills.  Now, I have nothing against Jackie Kennedy, but she was no stay at home daughter; she went to boarding school, then off to college (and actually graduated!).

I hate how fundies think teen girls should aspire to be meek uneducated baby machines.  God gave us the same brains as men, yet we're not supposed to use them???

We talked about her last week. I personally think the tachyon antenna linen pushing is more interesting than her chucking college. It just shows you what you can do without a degree! 

34 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Gag me.

I find this hilarious because Jennie went to college. She lived in the dorms. She graduated summa cum laude if I recall correctly.

Want to take the bad taste of this Christian Taliban-esque, woman-hating book out of your mouth?? Here's a happily serendipitous juxtaposition - the latest news from the "Together We Overcome: Supporting Lourdes Torres" FB page:

Today was a mile stone. 

After months of seeing a therapist who specializes in abuse, I was told that it seems I am in a good healthy place. I have been practicing placing boundaries and working on eliminating anxiety and triggers as they sweep across my path. 

This semester I am taking chemistry and it has not been easy for me. I love it... I just need to study hard and long. One class I never took as a home schooler. Plus I got super sick and could hardly study for two weeks. Ouch. I am pulling through! I love the challenge.

Lourdes is a student at San Antonio College, and it sounds like she's majoring in science. Lourdes, you rock!

Oh, and - Dougie?? Fuck you.

43 minutes ago, JMarie said:

She also thinks Jackie Kennedy is someone to aspire to, what with her grace and superb hostess skills.  Now, I have nothing against Jackie Kennedy, but she was no stay at home daughter; she went to boarding school, then off to college (and actually graduated!).

I hate how fundies think teen girls should aspire to be meek uneducated baby machines.  God gave us the same brains as men, yet we're not supposed to use them???

Bizarre. Jackie was a reporter before she married JFK. She was an incredibly well respected NY editor after his death.  She traveled widely,  and without her husband - one of her favorite tips was to India with her sister.  She loathed the country-club housewife set,  viewing them as dull and without any interests. 

She bore very little resemblance to these women. 

Trips not tips...

Re: Doug Phillips Is A Rapist. Guess Melanie didn't get the hot potato/purge memo about deleting all references to DPIAR.

Re: Jackie Kennedy. She graduated from Vassar & did further coursework in American History at Georgetown while living & working in DC before marrying JFK. 

What is it with fundie girls and Jackie K? Remember how Meredith Alexander Hammer was fixated on Jackie's wedding dress as the ne plus ultra of wedding dresses?

This chick is really making me stabby.  I liked college.  My campus wasn't very diverse, but I liked being around people who weren't exactly like me.  I liked expanding my mind.  I don't think there's anything with being smart.

I tried to find out where she attended.  She was a student at a supposedly Christian school from '09 to '10, went on a European tour that April (where all her classmates wanted to drink but she didn't), and was chosen as an RA for the upcoming year (but she didn't return).  I wonder if it was Oberlin.

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Gag me.

Didn't Jennie get a college degree, and then meet her shitsack of a husband while working a job?

And isn't Nancy the bitch who laughed about her daughter and grandkids running in the snow to keep warm?

Oops, when I originally opened this topic to reply, I stepped away right after, and didn't see there were any replies until I hit the button.  I see Jennie's college was already addressed.

21 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

Didn't Jennie get a college degree, and then meet her shitsack of a husband while working a job?

That is correct. She went to an out of state college, lived on campus, socialized with other students, earned her degree with honors, took a job after she graduated, and that was when she met her husband. 

The thing about Jennie is, she was always conservative but in my opinion she didn't fall down the rabbit hole of true crazy till her father died. Her online portrayal of her life prior to that is a bit... um... revisionist.

From what I could tell, this Melanie girl was an only child, so she doesn't foot the SAJD mold at all. She calls herself an entrepreneur.

But she is just keeping busy until the right Godly man comes along. I think that was on three linen about us page.

At least she's doing something whole while waiting.

7 hours ago, JMarie said:

I tried to find out where she attended.  She was a student at a supposedly Christian school from '09 to '10, went on a European tour that April (where all her classmates wanted to drink but she didn't), and was chosen as an RA for the upcoming year (but she didn't return).  I wonder if it was Oberlin.

To the bolded, I highly doubt it. Fundies would burst into flames just setting foot on the Oberlin campus. 

The way she describes it, you'd think it was located in Gomorrah, Iowa, not Deborah. 

4 minutes ago, sparkles said:

The way she describes it, you'd think it was located in Gomorrah, Iowa, not Deborah. 

Sorry - it's Decorah, Iowa, not Deborah. Didn't catch the autocorrect.

13 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Bizarre. Jackie was a reporter before she married JFK. She was an incredibly well respected NY editor after his death.  She traveled widely,  and without her husband - one of her favorite tips was to India with her sister.  She loathed the country-club housewife set,  viewing them as dull and without any interests. 

She bore very little resemblance to these women. 

Trips not tips...

I wonder if what they like about Jackie is she "stood by her man" even when he was cheating on her. I seriously doubt that a Catholic woman, especially one in the public eye, could have gotten a divorce in the early 1960s without being seen as a public disgrace. I don't know how the Kennedy marriage would have fared had JFK not been killed, but Jackie lived in a completely different era with different expectations about marriage.

4 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I wonder if what they like about Jackie is she "stood by her man" even when he was cheating on her. I seriously doubt that a Catholic woman, especially one in the public eye, could have gotten a divorce in the early 1960s without being seen as a public disgrace. I don't know how the Kennedy marriage would have fared had JFK not been killed, but Jackie lived in a completely different era with different expectations about marriage.

It's my understanding that she seriously considered it when she first discovered his philandering,  but Joseph P. Kennedy convinced her to stay (particularly since it would've killed JFK's political career),  even resorting to try and bribe her. 

It's funny that Meredith Hammer loved Jackie's wedding dress.  Jackie herself loathed it - father in law Joseph made her wear it,  as he wanted something dramatic-looking for the media. Jackie thought it was over the top and would have preferred a simpler, more elegant design. 

But you guys! College is a horrible, debauched place! Women's colleges are even worse in some ways, because gasp! Lesbians and experimentation!

(On Friday night, I had my good friend and his fiancée over for drinks between dinner out and a movie. His (very straight, genius, med student, and such a knockout that her butt nearly got me exiled to sleeping on the couch because I was stupid enough to look and ended up staring and stumbling), fiancée went to Bryn Mawr for college. We were drinking wine and almost late for our movie, and A, the fiancée, commented when told to drink her wine quickly, "I'm a real Bryn Mawr woman! I'm sitting here chugging the wine and petting the pussy!") Of course, she meant my cat, but that joke goes to show how awful college is, right?

I really want to read this. I may try to find a copy through a library just because I am so curious. I am a huge fan of fundie or fundie relate books though. I have been thinking for a while that Free Jinger should make some sort of reading list of books written either by fundies discussed here or by exfundies that talk about fundie life. 

@lawlifelgbt, yep college is just as awful as Are You Being Served? where Mrs Slocombe was always making references to her pussy.  She meant her cat as well, but the references were a bit risqué.

Yes Nancy Campbell thought her daughter, Serene, and grandkids running around the house to keep warm wsa hilarious. They had their power cut and the downstairs flooded but her turd husband wouldn't fix it, nor try to pay bills.There was a thread on the old Yuku site about this.But here's an older article about the situation.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2010/08/above-rubies-magazine-when-bad-things-happen-to-quiverfull-moms/

speaking of Jackie K. I read Marilyn Monroe spiraled when JFK rejected her , and also there's speculation she was pregnant with his love child one time. Im not sure they had a full fling, but they seemed tight.

Archived