IGNORED

Carly Fiorina dropping out of race

47of74

Bye bye Carly,

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/breaking_carly_fiorina_quits_gop_presidential_race

Carly Fiorina is officially suspending her presidential campaign. The former head of Hewlett-Packard has been polling between 1 and 7 percent in battleground states and nationally, and finished a dismal seventh in Tuesday's New Hampshire primary.

On Twitter, many were thrilled learning of the demise of the Fiorina campaign, but none more than, you guessed it, Planned Parenthood:

Here's hoping she doesn't let the barn door hit her where the good Lord split her...

From what I understand she is still raking in money, because she only suspended her race. I personally think she just ran as a way to make money.

On 2/11/2016 at 3:46 PM, infooverload said:

From what I understand she is still raking in money, because she only suspended her race. I personally think she just ran as a way to make money.

bingo. this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. i don't recall hearing about her in the most recent debate, even (though admittedly i only heard about it afterwards and didn't watch it). even if she was there it seems she was not given much platform to speak.

Good riddance to bad trash, over here.

But what in heck will be needed to knock Donnie T. out? (Personally, I'm praying for a scandal about an underaged foreign llama.)

*whimpers a lot, because my poor Republicans have been hijacked for years by the crazies: certainly there HAS to be another moderate around; my husband and I CANNOT be the only ones out of 318 million people*

In all fairness, most candidates stayed in as long as they had support. Carly didn't break the top 5 in either Iowa or NH so she saw the light. She's not formidable enough to be president.frankly,meveryone who is not Cruz,Rubio, trump(ugh), needs to get out. Jeb and Kasich are only still in cause they had a good showing in NH. I'd like Rubio to get it, but he screwed up the last debate...big time.

52 minutes ago, Criscat said:

In all fairness, most candidates stayed in as long as they had support. Carly didn't break the top 5 in either Iowa or NH so she saw the light. She's not formidable enough to be president.frankly,meveryone who is not Cruz,Rubio, trump(ugh), needs to get out. Jeb and Kasich are only still in cause they had a good showing in NH. I'd like Rubio to get it, but he screwed up the last debate...big time.

I so agree with all of this.  Predictive models of polling results at several points in the past (nothing in the past few months that I am aware of, but I have not looked either)  showed what would happen if no "winner" of the poll was declared until that person had greater than 50% in their favor.  If the top candidate had less than 50% in their favor, the bottom candidate was dropped and the second choice was used for that candidate.  This method of determining who would get the nomination predicted Rubio consistently as far as I know.  The others need to drop out in order for that predictive model to become reality.  Also, I worry about how much that debate gaffe is going to impact Rubio's chances.

9 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

whimpers a lot, because my poor Republicans have been hijacked for years by the crazies: certainly there HAS to be another moderate around; my husband and I CANNOT be the only ones out of 318 million people*

You can count some members of my family as standing with you.  You are not alone!

The crazies, i.e. Tea party candidates, where only electable largely because their respective states had had it with the Obama presidency and the agenda being passed. If bush was in office or even Bill Clinton, I doubt they could have been elected. That said, if they actually worked with the rest of the party I'd have more respect for them. They have turned into hard liners when governing is a exercise in working together for a common good.

7 hours ago, Criscat said:

The crazies, i.e. Tea party candidates, where only electable largely because their respective states had had it with the Obama presidency and the agenda being passed. If bush was in office or even Bill Clinton, I doubt they could have been elected. That said, if they actually worked with the rest of the party I'd have more respect for them. They have turned into hard liners when governing is a exercise in working together for a common good.

A lot of them got in because Democrats couldn't be bothered to vote in the midterms.  If the Democrats got out and voted in midterms some of these guys wouldn't have gotten into office in the first place.

On 2/12/2016 at 9:54 PM, samira_catlover said:

But what in heck will be needed to knock Donnie T. out? (Personally, I'm praying for a scandal about an underaged foreign llama.)

Poor llama - they're so sweet :-) Though, they have fighting teeth and vicious front leg attack ability. I would think they'd have the sense to not get involved with a Trump, and if a Trump tried something, well, those teeth and legs would promptly shut him down.

Archived