IGNORED

Keeping Up with the Coghlans

withaj

Slightly irreverent fundie Kim is still posting occasionally on the Life in a Shoe Facebook. She and Perry seem to be peddling original t-shirt designs on Amazon, in addition to their "secret storefront" of presumably more mainstream merchandise. Per a Facebook comment in September, she expected to be making a pregnancy announcement in about 6 months (so by March) since her youngest was then only 10 months old. 

Does anyone else find it hilarious that this shirt is available in youth sizes? http://www.amazon.com/Awesome-Husband-couples-Valentines-shirt/dp/B01AKIK6XC/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1452736714&sr=1-2&nodeID=7141123011

Just now, ILoveJellybeans said:

Not as funny as I find the fact that it comes in men's sizes too.

Oh gawd. Totally missed that. LOVE IT.

:)  

I thought this was the most wtf bit: 

Your wife needs this shirt. Buy it for her so the world will know how she really feels!

It would be rather cheesy even if it was the wife's idea, but at least it would presumably be a sign of her love for him. 

If the husband buys the shirt for his wife, it seems more like a sign of his love for himself. 

45 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I thought this was the most wtf bit: 

It would be rather cheesy even if it was the wife's idea, but at least it would presumably be a sign of her love for him. 

If the husband buys the shirt for his wife, it seems more like a sign of his love for himself. 

Right!  It's like Michael Scott buying himself the World's Greatest Boss mug.

I wish there were a way on Amazon to see how many (if any) of an item has been sold. As we've discussed before, there are a million and one tshirt vendors on Amazon--some with the same ideas (and lower prices) that Kim's

I do love my husband, and he is pretty awesome, but I don't advertize it on an overpriced T shirt.

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I do love my husband, and he is pretty awesome, but I don't advertize it on an overpriced T shirt.

:D I think this should be on a t-shirt.

For my peace of mind I'm going to assume that the kids size four is meant for a tiny woman who wants to wear a tiny T-shirt...otherwise it makes no sense.

And yes, any jackass who bought this for their wife for Valentines Day deserves to sleep on the sofa.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I was bored, so I decided to check out the "Life in a Shoe" facebook page. I noticed a post by M'Action Casting from March. They want to develop a tv show about the Coghlans. I have so many questions. Did the Coghlans respond? How did M'Action find the Coghlans? Is M'Action serious?

Do yo want to see the Coghlans on tv ?

3 hours ago, Kira said:

I'd love to be able to answer "no," but I know damn well I'd watch it. 

4 hours ago, Kira said:

Could we lobby for audience-contributed questions for the Coughlans to answer?

8 hours ago, CloakNDagger said:

I think they are smarter than that(!)

The money, though... I mean, they're currently reselling clothing on Amazon. They need it. Flash enough cash and even the Calvinists will usually decide that "God told me it was okay." 

But there doesn't seem to be any progress on the project, for whatever reason. 

8 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

The money, though... I mean, they're currently reselling clothing on Amazon. They need it. Flash enough cash and even the Calvinists will usually decide that "God told me it was okay." 

But there doesn't seem to be any progress on the project, for whatever reason. 

I agree, especially the Coghlan's who like to see how far from the rules they can get without getting in trouble. They must need the money, and I'm sure it'll happen, eventually. I won't be watching mostly because I don't own a tv but I can definitely see them doing one. 

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:18 PM, ILoveJellybeans said:

Not as funny as I find the fact that it comes in men's sizes too.

Wasn't able to see the shirt on the Amazon site. Should I be sad that I missed it?

I like the idea of fake reviews. We should totally write a bunch for other fundy products pedaled on amazon. Are the Robotkin books on there?

I like checking in on the Coughlans though.  They are just so weird.

So Kim is expecting a baby any day now; I think she gave Nov 16 as the due date, but I could be wrong. And Perry decided to make a $10,000 supply run to Austin for the business. And was driving through the night? Okay, it's only 80 miles away, but why spend that much money and drive all night when your wife is having a baby any moment? Isn't he usually the designated baby catcher?

Archived