IGNORED

So, I guess Michael Pearl is not strict enough

salex

Wow.   What a strange set of beliefs.  Just.  Wow.   I am not all atwitter but damn.  So I'm browsing around the entire site and this one phrase stood out to me:

"Is this the only reason for entering into matrimony, that we may cure incontinency?"

Huh.  Who knew?  Here's the thing.  I've been married for going on 30 years now, but I have been getting MORE incontinent every year!  Especially when I laugh hard, as I am doing right now.

What am I doing wrong?    I didn't know that one of the reasons - perhaps the only reason - to enter into matrimony is that we might "cure incontinency".    Huh.    

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abraham destroyed his father's property, left his home before marriage, adopted a new lifestyle, adopted a new set of beliefs, traveled and had an infertile wife.
Isaac didn't resist his sacrificing, probably loved his wife and had only two children not billion arrows.
Jacob lied to his father, run away from home, worked 14 years to marry a wife he has choosed for himself, didn't care about her infertility and didn't obey his father-in-law.

They didn't grift and whine. They didn't spend most of their time controlling their family members' lives. Their children grew up, left them and lived their lives as normal adults. And, although they created a new nation, it took them several generations. None of them had private mission of fathering a small nation solely.

If they lived today, our fundies would call them sinners and products of modern, evil society.
What patriarchs would think about fundies, I don't know.

The whole truth standing on its own sort of proves to me that arranged marriage isn't part of God's truth. If you have to work this hard to try to get a handful of people to do it, that sure seems to be you propping it up to me.

So has our webserver become sentient?  Cos apparently this is "a site that literally boasts of writing 'snark'".  Which allegedly precludes us from being able to convince anyone of anything :P

Ooh has anyone read the "policy regarding interaction, here and elsewhere"? We wouldn't want to break the rules and get kicked off the internet!! ;)

Archived