IGNORED

Armed Protesters take over Oregon Federal Wildlife Refuge

violynn

Edit: he says Ammon Bundy wants everybody to know that he was an eye witness to Lavoy's murder. 

Wasn't he arrested at the first road block and wasn't in the car with Lavoy? 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the aerial footage again and Lavoy drove quite a bit of straight road and at least three bends before the second roadblock. Dear Ammon, please extinguish your pants, they're federal property. 

Congress is to consider two bills that would allow states to hand over vast tracts of federal land for mining, logging or other commercial activities – just weeks after the arrest of an armed militia that took over a wildlife refuge in Oregon in protest at federal oversight of public land.Analysis Oregon militia explainer: background to the standoff

Takeover of wildlife refuge began as protest over conviction of two ranchers on arson charges, but militia also have more deep-seated grievances

The legislation, which will be presented to the House committee on natural resources on Thursday, would loosen federal authority over parts of the 600m acres (240m hectares), nearly one-third of the land mass of the US, it administers.

A bill put forward by Republican Don Young would allow any state to assume control of up to 2m acres of the national forest system to be “managed primarily for timber production” in order to address what Young claims is a decline in national logging rates.

A further bill, written by Republican Raúl Labrador, would allow state governors to assign up to 4m acres of land as “forest demonstration areas”, which would allow logging free from any federal water, air or endangered species restrictions.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/24/house-republicans-open-national-forests-mining-logging-oregon-militia-malheur-wildlife-refuge?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hello commercial interests, goodbye fresh water, RIP all kinds of annoying little critters. 

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

@AmazonGrace, pure gold!  The way that Dennis Lynch pronounces Oregon gets on my very last nerve. 

It hasn't fucking gone anywhere you asshat! My mother's from Oregon, and that one drives me nuts too. You'd think these nuts wouldn't struggle so much with a word that rhymes with gun.

30 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This makes my stomach hurt!  And why the heck are the Brits covering this better than the US press? 

This has Koch Bros. fingerprints all over it and the Cruze comment? Holy Shit!  More reason to make sure this assh*t never makes it to the White House. 

I wish the Koch brothers and their ilk would just vanish off the face of the earth already.  Either that or go buy some third world country and move all their morons there, since obviously that's their goal for this one.

My favorite part is how they provided building and ground maintenance. A trench of feces, anyone? Destroying fences?  Bulldozing a road across a tribal cemetery? Ground maintenance for dummies. And here's an example of building maintenance. 

I'd hire Ritz as a janitor any time. 

IMG_0565_ohpvgw.jpg

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Dear Ammon, please extinguish your pants, they're federal property. 

This is awesome.  We should print this on t-shirts and send them to this group and other like minded individuals as a cautionary reminder.

Oh for chrissakes, fans should have sent them more snacks : 

Not included in the tally were things like added demand for food and services at the Harney County Senior Center. The nonprofit, with more than $1 million in annual revenue, runs a food pantry and administers federal energy assistance.

Executive Director Angie Lamborn encountered new faces among the regular visitors during the occupation. They asked for extra food and acknowledged they weren't full-time residents, she said.

Lamborn couldn't quantify the impact on the senior center's finances, but she said they've "taken a pretty big hit" as a result.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/33_million_and_counting_the_co.html#incart_big-photo

Perhaps part of the $135,000 raised by the two brothers in Portland could be donated to the Senior Center for the food pantry and other services. 

11 hours ago, Howl said:

@AmazonGrace, pure gold!  The way that Dennis Lynch pronounces Oregon gets on my very last nerve. 

Oh gosh yes. I can't believe there are still people in this country that don't know how to say Oregon! 

23 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Oh gosh yes. I can't believe there are still people in this country that don't know how to say Oregon! 

My parents grew up in New York City and then moved to California where I was raised.  They would insist on calling it ARR-uh-gun even after I grew up and moved far enough north to be able to tell them that Oregonians say ORR-uh-gun.

You'd think the people who live somewhere get to be the authority on how to pronounce their own place name, but apparently my parents thought New Yorkers knew better how to say Oregon than Oregonians do...

:roll:

Aw, these guys are truly the gift that keeps on givin'.   I've noticed the rhetoric from the camo-ammosexuals seems to have cooled down considerably. 

10 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

From Les Zaitz' story:

According to a video posted to Facebook, Lisa Bundy also showed up Thursday. She's the wife of Ammon Bundy and said on the video that she had come from her Idaho home to fetch her husband's truck. She said she also wanted to get his clothes, ATVs – and picnic benches. She complained on the video that she had been told she couldn't take the items just yet.

I saw this posted on the Bundy Ranch FB page.  Comments show that Jeff Banta's ex-wife and Duane Ehmer's SO are both working to get things as well.

WTF.  I guess my general thought would be that you generally cede ownership to stuff left behind in this situation.

Yeah a lot of the stuff would be evidence but I suppose even the Feds don't need their actual ATV's in the court room when they can be photographed.  Lisa Bundy is feeling persecuted because the overreaching government didn't let her get Ammon's things. But apparently the reason is that one of the other defendants attorneys couldn't get there that day for some reason, and I guess they wanted everyone to see what was there, since that's what the attorneys are there for.  She had to get a sitter for a day and drive three hours away from home, folks. (How long were the refuge workers and the people evacuated from the field station inconvenienced again...?)

John Ritzheimer's mom is on his facebook begging for money and for someone to help her make a video showing what a great guy he is.  She doesn't think his words from social media should have been "taken out of context" and used against him at his hearing, because those words should be protected by the First Amendment!   She wants us to know what a good man he is (in spite of being a nasty bigoted person who hates ALL Muslims, and was heavily involved in the Bundy standoff and the Malheur occupation).  

They are also asking people in Burns who knew John to write positive character references.  Assuming this won't include a BLM employee he supposedly stalked in the grocery store.   They are desperate to get him out of jail. 

1 minute ago, Howl said:

She doesn't think his words from social media should have been "taken out of context" and used against him at his hearing, because those words should be protected by the First Amendment!

Um.  What?  LOL  Good DOG.

I hope someone is telling every defendant that the trend in courts has been to add on to sentences for defendants that cause mayhem and waste everyone's time and resources with Sovereign Citizen antics and nonsense - not shorten them

Then again, maybe we should all agree to keep that a secret.  Hmmmmmm

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived