IGNORED

Armed Protesters take over Oregon Federal Wildlife Refuge

violynn

3 minutes ago, browncoatslytherin said:

is that a recent post, about the rent? because i'm pretty sure i'm on the right fb page (i have to search on the app on my phone as i can't access fb on this computer and if i try to follow the link on my phone, it doesn't open the app only safari, which only has an old password stored and preggie brain cannot remember current password) and yet i don't see anything about that. was it possibly removed?

I'm getting a message that the post has been removed or cannot be accessed.

I'm guessing someone got smart and locked the page down . . . . .

(Which is rare with this group of miscreants.)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I'm getting a message that the post has been removed or cannot be accessed.

I'm guessing someone got smart and locked the page down . . . . .

(Which is rare with this group of miscreants.)

haha well perhaps they are learning...

When I originally saw that photo, I thought the guy now identified as Geoff Stankek (the passenger on the 4-wheeler) looked like he was about 15 years old; wondered then if he was someone's kid who came to the occupation as a family event.   

Breaking 1,000 post count to share this:

Investigators so far have found firearms, explosives, spoiled food and a trench of human feces at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, federal prosecutors said.

Basically, they literally shit on Native artifacts.

They should be . . . well, I cannot think of a fair punishment, to be honest.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/firearms_explosives_and_trench.html

ETA:  There's a frank discussion between several reporters on Twitter about the condition of toilets when they visited the site during the occupation.  If you aren't scatologically sensitive - check out Ryan Hass (sp?)  and John Sepulvado (sp?) who have been covering this story right along.

(If you can't find the tweets and you really want them, let me know and I'll dig them back up . . . . )

33 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Breaking 1,000 post count to share this:

Basically, they literally shit on Native artifacts.

They should be . . . well, I cannot think of a fair punishment, to be honest.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/firearms_explosives_and_trench.html

ETA:  There's a frank discussion between several reporters on Twitter about the condition of toilets when they visited the site during the occupation.  If you aren't scatologically sensitive - check out Ryan Hass (sp?)  and John Sepulvado (sp?) who have been covering this story right along.

(If you can't find the tweets and you really want them, let me know and I'll dig them back up . . . . )

That is so very infuriatingly disrespectful!  You're right, I cannot think of a logical consequence adequate enough to match that behavior.

I was wondering what the FBI and other law enforcement had found so far. This is awful. Beyond cultural vandalism. Just sick. 

16 hours ago, browncoatslytherin said:

is that a recent post, about the rent? because i'm pretty sure i'm on the right fb page (i have to search on the app on my phone as i can't access fb on this computer and if i try to follow the link on my phone, it doesn't open the app only safari, which only has an old password stored and preggie brain cannot remember current password) and yet i don't see anything about that. was it possibly removed?

Sorry, I don't remember the exact date of the post, I want to say it was early February, the fourth, or thereabouts,  but I might be wrong about that. What I'm sure about is that it was posted during the standoff, and before his arrest. It was one of the most recent posts on his  page when I posted about it. 

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Sorry, I don't remember the exact date of the post, I want to say it was early February, the fourth, or thereabouts,  but I might be wrong about that. What I'm sure about is that it was posted during the standoff, and before his arrest. It was one of the most recent posts on his  page when I posted about it. 

it must have been taken down or hidden, then, because i'm not seeing that particular post. i wouldn't be surprised if they took it down.

46 minutes ago, browncoatslytherin said:

it must have been taken down or hidden, then, because i'm not seeing that particular post. i wouldn't be surprised if they took it down.

Yeah there's probably an attorney involved by now.

Just now, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah there's probably an attorney involved by now.

lol somebody with some sense? say it ain't so!

In the pre-trial confinement memo, the government uses this gem:

"Bereft of human interaction, his cattle that manage to survive are wild, mean and ornery,'' 

I'm bemused.

Is "ornery" proper government language?  I always thought it was slang . . . 

Not saying cattle, or even Cliven Bundy is not or cannot be, just a word I didn't expect to encounter in an official document.

*giggles*

With that, I'll take my ornery self off to cause trouble somewhere else.

if the word "cattle" hadn't been put in there, i would have thought they were talking about bundy himself

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wow.

Um.

Wow.

I was just reading this morning about the word salad that sovereign citizens use to overwhelm the judicial system - what a perfect example!

My head is spinning.

:wow:

I wonder if she understands actual people will read this crap? That was a pea soup of words that made no sense. 

She's been drinking the Kool Aid and added extra sugar. 

1 hour ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Wow.

Um.

Wow.

I was just reading this morning about the word salad that sovereign citizens use to overwhelm the judicial system - what a perfect example!

My head is spinning.

The damages she wants!  :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Wow.

Um.

Wow.

My head is spinning.

The poor transcriber trying not to guffaw while taking this stuff down!

I had to look up the word misprision to confirm it wasn't some bizarre misspelling.  It's from Olde English Law and means "the deliberate concealment of one's knowledge of a treasonable act or a felony".

All of these people are in for a BIG surprise.  They really do think that this is their moment to get the word out before the judiciary and the PEOPLE, where it will get SERIOUS consideration, and EVERYONE will instantly understand that they've had the wool pulled over their eyes about the real TRUTH.  

I think it's important to read this crap-tastic rant because it lets us be aware of the depth of crazy in the parallel universe that is the Sovereign Citizen's movement.  

Were I any person named in that document, I'd be nervous that it could lead to anything from harassment to murder.  

On a brighter note, the high school social studies teacher in Burns used the occupation as a teachable moment about how people can disagree, but they still have to get along and the regular (not pocket) constitution.  Likely any kid in that class who reads something like Shawna Cox's filing will know it for the crazy it is. 

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

I had to look up the word misprision to confirm it wasn't some bizarre misspelling.  It's from Olde English Law and means "the deliberate concealment of one's knowledge of a treasonable act or a felony".

I did too.

Ammon Bundy, brother Ryan Bundy, Ryan Payne and Peter Santilli -- already indicted in the armed takeover of a federal wildlife refuge in eastern Oregon -- now face federal indictment along with Cliven Bundy in the 2014 armed standoff near the Bundy ranch in Nevada.

The indictment charges the four with 16 felonies: one count of conspiring to commit an offense against the United States, one count of conspiring to impede or injure a federal officer, four counts of carrying a firearm in a crime of violence, two counts of assault on a federal officer, two counts of threatening a federal law enforcement officer, three counts of obstructing justice, two counts of interfering with interstate commerce by extortion and one count of interstate travel in aid of extortion

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/cliven_bundy_and_4_others_face.html

http://www.justice.gov/usao-nv/pr/federal-grand-jury-nevada-indicts-cliven-bundy-and-four-others-felony-crimes-related-2014

Better late than never, I guess. To misquote Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:

Though the mills of the federal government grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small...

(I wish I could read Shawna Cox's cross complaint. Scribd keeps trying to make me use their ap. There's no room in my phone. Period.)

3 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Better late than never, I guess. To misquote Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:

Though the mills of the federal government grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small...

(I wish I could read Shawna Cox's cross complaint. Scribd keeps trying to make me use their ap. There's no room in my phone. Period.)

seditionists.com/shawna1.pdf  is another copy.  I haven't found it fully online yet.

I love/hate reading the the sovereign citizen stuff because it is always such a flight of fancy and just ignores all kinds of reality.  I hate it because a growing number of the sovereign citizens are not just nuts, but dangerous nuts, so they are a legitimate threat to anyone in government/Law enforcement.  

In addition to this post about Shawna Cox, I just found a ton of interesting stuff on the Salt Lake Tribune page and I'll definitely visit there more often.  For example, I discovered that Terry Tempest Williams just bought a BLM oil and gas lease for $1200 at auction and Mormon women are making attempts to be allowed to participate in Mormon ceremonies that are currently open only to men.  If you're not familiar with author Terry Tempest Williams, head to your library, book store, or Amazon and get acquainted. 

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

In addition to this post about Shawna Cox, I just found a ton of interesting stuff on the Salt Lake Tribune page and I'll definitely visit there more often.  For example, I discovered that Terry Tempest Williams just bought a BLM oil and gas lease for $1200 at auction and Mormon women are making attempts to be allowed to participate in Mormon ceremonies that are currently open only to men.  If you're not familiar with author Terry Tempest Williams, head to your library, book store, or Amazon and get acquainted. 

I'm a semi-regular of the SL Trib because of their polygamy coverage.  It's definitely a good go-to for Western states stories, especially if Mormons are involved.

But when I checked at 4 am ET, they didn't have anything posted on the Bundy indictment.  (Neither did the Las Vegas Sun.)

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived