IGNORED

Woman Tries to Buy 14 YR Old Daughter Baby from Craigslist

roddma

There are immature people out there who don't really understand that babies are a long-term commitment.  It's like the teens who are thrilled about getting a job and all the money, but they also don't really grasp that it's going to get tedious after a while.  All the excitement is so exciting!  I've known kindergarteners who wanted babies.  All they see is the fun.  

What's really wrong and alarming here are that the daughter was determined even if it meant sleeping around (how else would a 14-year-old do it without help other than as much sex as she can get?), and that the mother decided to attempt buying a baby.  It sounds like the girl is so spoiled that she thinks she can get her way in all things, so maybe a baby would stay on the blanket without training if it's what she wants.

Well, to be fair, the mother is 47 years old apparently, so her own baby making days are most likely over. Thank goodness. I can't fathom what kind of thought process would make this woman think this was a good idea. I really hope that the 14 year old gets a wake up call from this and hopefully makes better decisions in her life after this, but unfortunately I fear that the more likely outcome is that she will just find someone to impregnate her naturally. 

I've heard of many parents that give in to all of their child's demands, but I always assumed that was hyperbole.  I guess not :pensive: 

I can understand the mother wanting to prevent her daughter from a teen pregnancy, but there are other ways to go about it.  Did they not know anybody that needed a babysitter, or a relative that would be thankful for the offer of a weekend of respite?  Could they have rented one of those electronic baby dolls schools use?   

I cannot understand how some people's brains think at times.

9 hours ago, doggie said:

I wonder what the mother is like that is willing to buy a baby? Why did mom not make one herself?

I thought about one of those reborn baby dolls.

I cannot understand how some people's brains think at times

[/quote]

It seems the woman was desperate to satisfy her daughter regardless of the means. The way it read the daughter kept putting the pressure on her. Maybe watching a baby  a couple of nights may cure her.

Archived