IGNORED

Latest Maxwell Blog - Melanie Maxwell

skankbiscuit

I was enjoying looking at the lovely pictures, until I got to the last one and saw how painfully thin Melanie has become! Is it just me or does she look just extremely frail and tiny?

I was enjoying looking at the lovely pictures, until I got to the last one and saw how painfully thin Melanie has become! Is it just me or does she look just extremely frail and tiny?

I thought the same thing when I got to that last picture. Her arms are all bone!

She does look too thin in the last one, but maybe she just lost her baby weight? I came to the Maxwells when she was preg., so I don't know what she looked like before.

I don't think she looks unhealthily thin. I lost nearly 30 lbs past the 25 lbs of pregnancy weight after my son was born because of breastfeeding. Maybe Melanie is still nursing.

Melanie is very thin. Tiny. Petite.

I thought she looked thin, too. But then I found the Maxwells when she was newly pregnant with Susannah (sp?) which was the baby that died. So maybe she has been this thin all along? Well, wait, I've seen a wedding photo of her and Nathan (might be on Christopher's photography website, can't remember), and she wasn't gaunt in the face like she looks now. She's still beautiful (I think), but I just think she's too thin.

I thought she looked thin, too. But then I found the Maxwells when she was newly pregnant with Susannah (sp?) which was the baby that died. So maybe she has been this thin all along? Well, wait, I've seen a wedding photo of her and Nathan (might be on Christopher's photography website, can't remember), and she wasn't gaunt in the face like she looks now. She's still beautiful (I think), but I just think she's too thin.

All the Maxwell women are scary thin. Steve obsesses about weight and the women are thin. I'd bet they are all not even a size 2.

Melaine is very pretty and as sweet as can be.

All the Maxwell women are scary thin. Steve obsesses about weight and the women are thin. I'd bet they are all not even a size 2.

In real life they are all thin and fit looking. I would say a size S Shirt(hard to tell on the bottom as everything is always loose)but a 2 or 4 at the most.The boys are around 6ft and slim as well. They are also taller than they seem,I would say 5'5 to maybe 5'7?(I am 5'3 and the girls all seemed a few inches taller than me) I think they are always moving(cleaning) so not being a sloth probably helps.

In real life they are all thin and fit looking. I would say a size S Shirt(hard to tell on the bottom as everything is always loose)but a 2 or 4 at the most.The boys are around 6ft and slim as well. They are also taller than they seem,I would say 5'5 to maybe 5'7?(I am 5'3 and the girls all seemed a few inches taller than me) I think they are always moving(cleaning) so not being a sloth probably helps.

I'm surprised Sarah is that tall. She looks like such a tiny little thing in her pictures.

(So much for my vacation-from-the-Maxwells)

The family boast that Mother Max can still wear her wedding gown. Meh, AFA I'm concerned. A little extra weight on a woman in her 50s helps prevent the crow's feet. ;) JMHO

Also MHO, but Father Max seems to be in an early stage of Dunlop's Disease, in which his stomach dun lop over his belt .... see the end-of-vaca group photo! hmmmmmmmmm........!!

And while I'm at it ... with Old Mrs. Maxwell dying of Alzheimer's, does anyone suspect that Father M has some inkling that he may have inherited that very real disease? It could be the basis for the "running out of time" post from earlier this year. Not a pleasant thought, but it has occurred.

Guest Anonymous

I think they all seem very fit and healthy from the photos. Melanie does look very slim indeed, but running after two little ones can do that to you. For all their shows of frugality, (and their addiction to overcooked burritos) they seem to live very privileged lives and I doubt they go short of food.

MJB - Papa Max with Alzheimers- that's a very scary thought, as presumably they'd all try to obey him anyway....

Sadly, I would expect that the mental gymnastics he engages in daily, with the bible and the IT work, will likely help him fend off brain plaques until he is a ripe old age. :roll:

she looks too thin....maybe she wants to be like Mrs. Billy Graham and be able to wear her wedding dress 50 or 60 years later?? Maybe the Maxwell men expect their wives to maintain their "wedding day weight?" Maybe she takes the exercise program too far. Maybe she's just a thin lady run off her feet by little kids and overbearing in-laws.

I don't think they look overly thin at all (although Melanie's arm is very skinny considering she's an adult in her 30s, not a still-growing teen). They look slim but healthy and not as thin as I was when I was a 2 or 4. Of course, maybe they look smaller in person.

I don't think Melanie looks unhealthy. I'm guessing she probably just has a fast metabolism, plus she's still young. When I was her age, I was active and skinny but never dieted. Sometimes people asked me if I was eating enough, or what my "secret" was for staying thin. I can't eat whatever I want any more, as age has caught up with me. But to use a word that the Maxwells seem to like, I was *blessed* with skinny genes.

I apologize ahead of time if I sound bitchy, but the "too thin" shit pisses me off, since SOMEONE constantly has to point out that I'm barely over 100lbs (if I am over 100lbs) at any given time, and 5'3. I've had to put up with accusations of poor health and eating disorders my whole fucking life. In reality, I eat as much as I can whenever I can (which apparently isn't enough- it is for me, NOT for anyone else!), and no I don't get a lot of exercise.

Is it really that big a fucking deal if someone is skinnier than someone else? All of the Maxwell women look "healthier" and "fuller" than I do. Maybe I do have the excuse that I was "blessed with skinny genes" or "I'm 19" even when I haven't fucking gained weight or height since age 13. Yes, I still wear the clothes I did back in fucking middle school, and I'm now in college. It's possible that I might still be wearing those clothes 20 or 30 years from now. Is that such a big fucking deal? Is everyone who stays around the same weight throughout their adult lives unhealthy or anorexic or what fucking ever else could be wrong?

I don't think Melanie looks "painfully thin." She's definitely thin, but to me she looks like she might regularly be quite active. Who knows? She does have to chase little kids around all the time.

Yes, I have a HUGE chip in my shoulder about this sort of thing. wtf people...

I apologize ahead of time if I sound bitchy, but the "too thin" shit pisses me off, since SOMEONE constantly has to point out that I'm barely over 100lbs (if I am over 100lbs) at any given time, and 5'3. I've had to put up with accusations of poor health and eating disorders my whole fucking life. In reality, I eat as much as I can whenever I can (which apparently isn't enough- it is for me, NOT for anyone else!), and no I don't get a lot of exercise.

Is it really that big a fucking deal if someone is skinnier than someone else? All of the Maxwell women look "healthier" and "fuller" than I do. Maybe I do have the excuse that I was "blessed with skinny genes" or "I'm 19" even when I haven't fucking gained weight or height since age 13. Yes, I still wear the clothes I did back in fucking middle school, and I'm now in college. It's possible that I might still be wearing those clothes 20 or 30 years from now. Is that such a big fucking deal? Is everyone who stays around the same weight throughout their adult lives unhealthy or anorexic or what fucking ever else could be wrong?

I don't think Melanie looks "painfully thin." She's definitely thin, but to me she looks like she might regularly be quite active. Who knows? She does have to chase little kids around all the time.

Yes, I have a HUGE chip in my shoulder about this sort of thing. wtf people...

+1

I try to be weight positive about whatever weight someone is. It is annoying to me when the real wormen have curves stuff starts and I am all sorts of curvy! I just don't like weight shameing and concern when we really don't know the whole story.

If that was the way she looked in recent pics, there wouldn't be a concern! She looks like she has dropped a lot of weight, and fast. That's all.

Sorry to say, but just like someone can be too fat, you can also be too thin.

Yes, but that doesn't mean you or any one on the Internet can determine that.

It looks like Melenie has gone back down to her pre-babies' weight. She's always been thin, and I don't think it's unhealthy. She gained a bit of weight while pregnant with her first child (the one that died) and never really shook it off. Until now. Nathan also gained some weight during his marriage. I think his work out sessions are his attempt to get back to his pre-wedding weight too LOL. When the two got married, I think they did the normal couples thing and collectively gained weight. Now, they are trying to lose it! The entire family looks so sweet (and less fundie than the main Maxwell clan). It's kind of sad that their little girls are trained to live such restricted lives.

Um, actually it is MY opinion that she is too thin. And yeah, I'm sure as hell allowed to determine that!

And I don't think you are qualified to determine that over the internet.

You can have that opinion, but I don't have to think it is valid or appropriate. See that is an opiniong to.

(So much for my vacation-from-the-Maxwells)

Also MHO, but Father Max seems to be in an early stage of Dunlop's Disease, in which his stomach dun lop over his belt .... see the end-of-vaca group photo! hmmmmmmmmm........!!

I'd say he was a "dicky do." HIs belly sticks out further than his dicky do.

Archived