IGNORED

It's strange that none of the Arndt men...

Guest LilaFowler

I thought softball was for girls? (Which I never really understood WHY)

No, lots of adult men play softball. It seems to be more for adult men than boys. I've never seen softball teams for boys either in school or through community activities. And there are mixed teams of men and women. Here in the midwest softball leagues are very popular. My son-in-law plays on a team.

Nell

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know them until this thread. I looked them up. They do 'corners', just like the Maxwells. Looks like they started this in 2008. They totally stole the idea from Steve & Teri. Anyone who takes Maxwell doings as inspiration is no better than the Maxwells themselves. Maybe they could buy Sarah from Steve for one of their sons since it appears the parents share their sense of self importance.

I would love to get the Arndt mom a case of lipstick that flatters her. That frosty pink lipstick is not doing a thing for her.

Agreed. And a new hairstyle while we're at it. That french braid ponytail is ridiculous but at least it explains why the daughter styles the hair the way she does.

Oh and the video thing isn't their only business. I believe the oldest 4-5 boys have followed in their father's footsteps (because why bother having your own interests) and gone into court reporting. I think oldest brother's 2, 3 and 5 do the most of this. The oldest boy is heavy into the TV thing and the 4th (and cutest brother IMHO) has a computer repair business. I guess for some reason these guys think they can't live outside the family home and still work together. Or maybe they just don't want to.

I think the thing that bother's me the most is that here are several guys who have a decent amount of skill (they actually built the house they live in) but yet you don't see them running off to mission trips to build houses for poor people. They seem to do the SAME things day after day and year after year. Family business, family church, family vacation, family softball game, repeat. And the parents don't seem to care!!! I think they'd be happy if their kids lived with them forever. Not that they'd mind a daughter in law or grandkid in the mix but really... the chances of that happening seem slim unless the girl has no parents and doesn't mind living her life intermixed with the whole Arndt family.

Agreed. And a new hairstyle while we're at it. That french braid ponytail is ridiculous but at least it explains why the daughter styles the hair the way she does.

Oh and the video thing isn't their only business. I believe the oldest 4-5 boys have followed in their father's footsteps (because why bother having your own interests) and gone into court reporting. I think oldest brother's 2, 3 and 5 do the most of this. The oldest boy is heavy into the TV thing and the 4th (and cutest brother IMHO) has a computer repair business. I guess for some reason these guys think they can't live outside the family home and still work together. Or maybe they just don't want to.

I think the thing that bother's me the most is that here are several guys who have a decent amount of skill (they actually built the house they live in) but yet you don't see them running off to mission trips to build houses for poor people. They seem to do the SAME things day after day and year after year. Family business, family church, family vacation, family softball game, repeat. And the parents don't seem to care!!! I think they'd be happy if their kids lived with them forever. Not that they'd mind a daughter in law or grandkid in the mix but really... the chances of that happening seem slim unless the girl has no parents and doesn't mind living her life intermixed with the whole Arndt family.

Thanks for the clarification, I don't follow them too closely. I guess they are really on the cult-y side of things. I don't know, it seems like at least a few Duggars have said that family togetherness and friendship are part of the plus side of big families (jessa and jinger have said that) so maybe they'd be game for that.

I just can't figure it out. Court reporters make an average of approximately $50,000.00 per year. How do you feed, clothe and shelter a family of 16 on that salary? I guess it cuts down on costs if the older ones are working and contributing and it also cuts down on costs if you're not saving for college educations, but still... unless they are taking their sons paychecks and putting it in a communal pot, I simply don't see how it is done. Dear Lord, they can't be making that much from their pay per view website, can they?

I would love to see the budgets of these families. I can see how they cut many costs, but still. I know people who are struggling to survive on $50,000 a year with two people in the family and yeah, they have costs like school loan repayment and medical bills, but really. Really?

I've heard court reporters can make much more than that. Plus, I've found that salary "averages", in general, tend to be very low, when I compare them to what I actually make or what friends make.

I never read this family, but I WILL send them a link to the Maxwell blog if anyone thinks it would help?

I am very, very curious to see how Steve would react if anyone ever asked him if he'd heard of the Arndts. And I don't think it'd hurt if the Arndts were made aware that the Maxwells (who - ahem! - have a very eligible daughter) exist. You know, just throwing that out there. I don't see the harm in planting some seeds that may or may not take. :lol:

I am very, very curious to see how Steve would react if anyone ever asked him if he'd heard of the Arndts. And I don't think it'd hurt if the Arndts were made aware that the Maxwells (who - ahem! - have a very eligible daughter) exist. You know, just throwing that out there. I don't see the harm in planting some seeds that may or may not take. :lol:

I totally think you should, Clbbyjo. I think that would be awesome. In fundiespeak, you are facilitating the fellowship of two Godly families. : :mrgreen: Or, rather, as I would put it, possibly helping some poor girl escape her family.

Unfortunately, Steve will never let Sarah go. Very sad for her. But, who else would be his slave for free.

I do wish there was some way for the Arndt's to meet/court Sarah.

I totally think you should, Clbbyjo. I think that would be awesome. In fundiespeak, you are facilitating the fellowship of two Godly families. : :mrgreen: Or, rather, as I would put it, possibly helping some poor girl escape her family.

I wonder if they did court and marry they would thank a reader who was moved by God to help bring their famlies together. Not that I think Steve would let Sarah go to a family that had such an idol of softball. But if it could be pulled off the Arndt family seems to have a lot more fun then the Maxwells.

4th son is definitely the cutest!

I wonder why the parents aren't worried more about their boys not marrying! Aren't they wanting grandkids? Didn't they pray over their TESTES or anything?

I just don't understand how it's possible that none of the seven over-21 Arndt sons "arndt" interested enough in sex to court someone already.

The highwater jorts and tucked-in polo on the second son made me laugh. That is clearly a young man who has never had a girlfriend.

I know the one brother who seemed funny ( he cracked some jokes ) had alopecia. I always wondered if someone with no body hair would want to have sex with a really hairy person. Is that weird? LOL

The mom seemed addicted to skorts in the TLC show they were featured in.

I wonder if they did court and marry they would thank a reader who was moved by God to help bring their famlies together. Not that I think Steve would let Sarah go to a family that had such an idol of softball. But if it could be pulled off the Arndt family seems to have a lot more fun then the Maxwells.

AS I was going to sleep last night, I was trying to think how to word an e-mail to Steve.(You know I have now crossed to the insane phase if I am thinking of how to e-mail Steve in a submissive way!) I KNOW it would be discounted if a mere woman sent it.Remember, the Maxwells cannot even talk to women on the phone to explain computer programming, so my even e-mailing Steve would not be right. Maybe e-mail Teri and she could pray about to tell Steve? I would have to say when it was laid on my heart,I asked my headship and he told me to pray about it. Headship decided I should send Steve/Teri an e-mail. It is getting too complicated ,maybe better to just send the Arndt's a "Cute, single ,fundie girl within 50 miles, get every bro over 26 and go see her"(no shorts or talks of softball.)

Guest LilaFowler

4th son is definitely the cutest!

I wonder why the parents aren't worried more about their boys not marrying! Aren't they wanting grandkids? Didn't they pray over their TESTES or anything?

I agree. Even Steve Maxwell let some of his sons marry. (Too bad he'll probably never allow any of his girls to marry).

I just don't understand how it's possible that none of the seven over-21 Arndt sons "arndt" interested enough in sex to court someone already.

The highwater jorts and tucked-in polo on the second son made me laugh. That is clearly a young man who has never had a girlfriend.

HAHA! This made me laugh! Yeah, the above the knee jorts and tucked in polo's run rampant in that family. Dad too. Mom dresses the youngest boys like that and since they're homeschooled and home everything... well there's no one to teach them otherwise. And I think the boys ARE pretty interested in girls (at least the bald one and the cutest 4th brother as they've actually written about wanting girlfriends on the family site) but they all just refuse to be proactive in doing anything about it. Plus I think they are so hyperfocused on their own family that I personally think no girl measures up to dear old Mom. Luke in particular has written on his online "notebook" how he compares every girl he meets to his mother and if she would make a good mother, etc. How he can determine that just speaking to a girl for a few minutes is beyond me but here in lies their problem. I think their standards (i.e. clone of their mother) aren't realistic and let's face it... the older they get the less likely to find one that's "pure" enough for them. That family really has just sort of isolated themselves in the middle of rural IL on their own little compound.

Even funnier since they are "court" reporters....

It doesn't explain the older ones, but isn't there research that suggests the more sons a woman has, the more likely each one is to be homosexually inclined, theoretically because of the hormonal environment in the womb? And that's with just three or four sons....

Oh, Arndt men. You major dorks. Please get a life. I don't mean that sarcastically--get your own lives! Leave and cleave, if that's what it takes!

Archived