IGNORED

Did anyone hear how the classic went?

HerNameIsBuffy

Couldn't let opening day of the new forum end without christening the Arndt thread. 

Did id anyone hear how the classic went?

It took me a while to find this area! :my_cry:

Other than's dad's dairy indicating that the classics are now "streamlined and simplified" and have the "feel of a family picnic", I'm assuming it was a bust.

In other news, it seems they are now wearing wine-colored  "Vine Valley" shirts when playing softball.  The obsession has reached a peak for sure!  Rick lamented on his recent diary entry that Jacob needed to use one of the cameras for a video deposition, therefore no filming unless his job ended early.

Other than's dad's dairy indicating that the classics are now "streamlined and simplified" and have the "feel of a family picnic", I'm assuming it was a bust.

In other news, it seems they are now wearing wine-colored  "Vine Valley" shirts when playing softball.  The obsession has reached a peak for sure!  Rick lamented on his recent diary entry that Jacob needed to use one of the cameras for a video deposition, therefore no filming unless his job ended early.

Yeah - family picnic is a far cry from being on the news and the huge deal it was on the one of the Fam Team episodes.  Although I was watching that one the other day and I caught something I hadn't before...the one where Paul is interviewed on TV he talks about how when the publicity stuff first began he was furious about it, didn't want to deal with any publicity and would storm off to his room but now he's comfortable giving interviews.  Interesting to hear someone talking about a feeling that was less than pleasant and perky.  There was another glimpse behind the curtain during the episode of the Christmas photo (and wtf is Jude talking about - Mark changed the shirt to a color that was clearly light orange and not pink.)  Cathy talks about how over the years the kids learned the photo will happen whether they like it or not, so there isn't any crying or complaining that they don't want to do it anymore.  I don't know, as someone with only 3 kids who still has nightmares about how hard it was to get them all looking in the same direction, eyes open, and happy for the Christmas card photo it was nice that her eleventy billion kids weren't all cooperation and smiles from the get go.

My Cathy hate is strong in that ep.  Rick has a brilliant (yawn) idea of everyone looking super somber like it's the 1800's and only one person (Paul) being animated and friendly.  Peter couldn't stop giggling and then others would join in and she said something like "you don't want to get mad at them when they're happy..."  but the way she said it was shitty.  Of course you don't, Nurse Ratched, who even thinks about getting angry at kids for being happy because you can't get some stupid shot you're not even sending out on a Christmas card?  

They talk a lot about teasing and being best friends but I do wonder if they fight.  Not physically, but there is only some much tension you can unleash with passive aggressive pranks...it has to be get loud at times.  

Yeah - family picnic is a far cry from being on the news and the huge deal it was on the one of the Fam Team episodes.  Although I was watching that one the other day and I caught something I hadn't before...the one where Paul is interviewed on TV he talks about how when the publicity stuff first began he was furious about it, didn't want to deal with any publicity and would storm off to his room but now he's comfortable giving interviews.  Interesting to hear someone talking about a feeling that was less than pleasant and perky.  There was another glimpse behind the curtain during the episode of the Christmas photo (and wtf is Jude talking about - Mark changed the shirt to a color that was clearly light orange and not pink.)  Cathy talks about how over the years the kids learned the photo will happen whether they like it or not, so there isn't any crying or complaining that they don't want to do it anymore.  I don't know, as someone with only 3 kids who still has nightmares about how hard it was to get them all looking in the same direction, eyes open, and happy for the Christmas card photo it was nice that her eleventy billion kids weren't all cooperation and smiles from the get go.

My Cathy hate is strong in that ep.  Rick has a brilliant (yawn) idea of everyone looking super somber like it's the 1800's and only one person (Paul) being animated and friendly.  Peter couldn't stop giggling and then others would join in and she said something like "you don't want to get mad at them when they're happy..."  but the way she said it was shitty.  Of course you don't, Nurse Ratched, who even thinks about getting angry at kids for being happy because you can't get some stupid shot you're not even sending out on a Christmas card?  

They talk a lot about teasing and being best friends but I do wonder if they fight.  Not physically, but there is only some much tension you can unleash with passive aggressive pranks...it has to be get loud at times.  

Oh yes, I do believe that Cathy is the disciplinarian in that family and can really be a snotty witch.    While reading some of the old diary posts, there are many references to Cathy having "firm" talks and "corrections" with many of the boys as well as Wizzy.  There are also numerous instances where Rick says that he and Cathy were up until 2 or 3 AM having a long talk with Paul (age 20) about growing into a young man.  Me thinks he might have gotten caught doing something or being somewhere unwholesome.  I plan to so some recaps when I am able to finish some more years.

Oh yes, I do believe that Cathy is the disciplinarian in that family and can really be a snotty witch.    While reading some of the old diary posts, there are many references to Cathy having "firm" talks and "corrections" with many of the boys as well as Wizzy.  There are also numerous instances where Rick says that he and Cathy were up until 2 or 3 AM having a long talk with Paul (age 20) about growing into a young man.  Me thinks he might have gotten caught doing something or being somewhere unwholesome.  I plan to so some recaps when I am able to finish some more years.

recaps would be great - I look forward to those.  I don't know that he'd have had to do anything out of the ordinary for her to crack down.  I can imagine just balking at publicity would be enough to know they had to keep him in line or he could get ideas like...college, deciding his own career, moving out...

i asked curious for some baseball emoticons for the arndt forum...

:baseball1::baseball2::baseball3:

Archived