IGNORED

Lisa Pennington has found a "replacement" daughter

16strong

Aw man. I had never heard of this lady until now. But a youtube mom I watch for homeschool videos mentioned this lady's book in a video I watched just last night. I'm so disappointed to see she would support someone like this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My office generally is a bit more lax on the salaried hours than the hourly employees. But salaried employees tend to work crazy-ass hours for one (late nights/weekends/long business trips). So if a sal comes in a bit late it's not a big deal, but then again don't abuse the privilege either.

Generally I'll give my boss and a couple co-workers a heads up if I'm going to be coming in late as a courtesy.

When I worked retail/fast food/tourism, it seemed like the tardy policies were selectively enforced. However, the people who got away with that kind of stuff were more likely to end up always working minimum wage jobs. Not that there is anything wrong with food/retail/tourism. I wish it paid more, I genuinely enjoyed working the sandwich line and cash registers. Now as a salaried worker at a desk, I can come and go as I please, as long as my work is done and I let people know my schedule. It's all about knowing what's appropriate for your work place. If I have people coming in, or meetings, I try to dress reasonably nice. If I'm just sitting/standing in my office staring at illustrator all day, I might be dressed more comfortably. And I never walk in completely made up. I leave the pool at 7, shower, get dressed, and have a twenty minute commute. There is a mirror in my office for a reason, and it's not just to give the illusion that my office is bigger than a broom closet.

I just learned about this lady and what... A low pony tail is unacceptable? Is there a blog or just fab?

I think it's also worth noting that in the world of a lot of these internet-based and creative jobs that the kids are learning how to do (design work, movie studios, etc) either work from home or in an office that doesn't give a flip if you're late. In my experience, timeliness, hours, and apparel are all up for grabs. Heck, my coworker came in wearing a full blown workout outfit the other day, and I come in bare-faced more days than not. We really only get fancy if there are clients coming. It's nothing like the Penningtons say.

This is so true, and very much so in areas with a lot of startups.

When I worked retail/fast food/tourism, it seemed like the tardy policies were selectively enforced. However, the people who got away with that kind of stuff were more likely to end up always working minimum wage jobs. Not that there is anything wrong with food/retail/tourism. I wish it paid more, I genuinely enjoyed working the sandwich line and cash registers. Now as a salaried worker at a desk, I can come and go as I please, as long as my work is done and I let people know my schedule. It's all about knowing what's appropriate for your work place. If I have people coming in, or meetings, I try to dress reasonably nice. If I'm just sitting/standing in my office staring at illustrator all day, I might be dressed more comfortably. And I never walk in completely made up. I leave the pool at 7, shower, get dressed, and have a twenty minute commute. There is a mirror in my office for a reason, and it's not just to give the illusion that my office is bigger than a broom closet.

I just learned about this lady and what... A low pony tail is unacceptable? Is there a blog or just fab?

Okay, it looks like it might be an 8 am morning time, but it's hard to tell. She deletes posts, and these that I've found say that she gets up with the kids later than 7....could have sworn I read something else at some other time, though... This is a link to a blog that saves her deleted posts. Note that girls have to be properly dressed; boys can wear costumes if they like. Scroll down to the interview section: http://deletedpenningtonpointposts.blog ... -lisa.html

ETA: Some of her words were discussed and dissected here. One poster even noticed that Faith (Alecia) looked like she might be waiting to run. Clever folks on FJ: viewtopic.php?f=280&t=3701&hilit=pennington+point

I think it's also worth noting that in the world of a lot of these internet-based and creative jobs that the kids are learning how to do (design work, movie studios, etc) either work from home or in an office that doesn't give a flip if you're late. In my experience, timeliness, hours, and apparel are all up for grabs. Heck, my coworker came in wearing a full blown workout outfit the other day, and I come in bare-faced more days than not. We really only get fancy if there are clients coming. It's nothing like the Penningtons say.

I've never had a job where a ponytail of any kind was forbidden. And I've been known to use a pencil to put my hair up.

My husband is a programmer, he rolls into the office between 9:00--10:00 wearing whatever jeans or shorts he picked up first and whatever shirt he randomly pulled from his closet. He prefers Polo shirts so he tends to wear them most days, but it's certainly not a requirement.

I don't think her oils are about saving money. I think her oils are more about keeping her kids away from the hospital because they don't have identities, and she doesn't want them getting on the government's radar (too late, ha!). And not defending her, because there are plenty of other examples, but maybe it's possible that the Apple watch was a reward by Young Living for oil sales?

Doctors and nurses are mandated reporters. Those must be avoided.

Bingo.

Hence the shenanigans they pulled when their son had a severe reaction to a bee sting.

"We'll just sit in the ER parking lot and not actually go in" :roll:

I've never had a job where a ponytail of any kind was forbidden. And I've been known to use a pencil to put my hair up.

My husband is a programmer, he rolls into the office between 9:00--10:00 wearing whatever jeans or shorts he picked up first and whatever shirt he randomly pulled from his closet. He prefers Polo shirts so he tends to wear them most days, but it's certainly not a requirement.

I've had a workplace with a very strict dress code -- in the military. Where the expectation is somewhere between feminine and inconspicuous, at least in the offices -- I was encouraged to figure out eyeliner and updos, but no obvious makeup, minimal jewelry, hair must fit under the cap for that uniform, etc. Ponytails were okay IF hair was short enough to stay off the collar.

But that's the military, not a day at home.

I've had a workplace with a very strict dress code -- in the military. Where the expectation is somewhere between feminine and inconspicuous, at least in the offices -- I was encouraged to figure out eyeliner and updos, but no obvious makeup, minimal jewelry, hair must fit under the cap for that uniform, etc. Ponytails were okay IF hair was short enough to stay off the collar.

But that's the military, not a day at home.

I work for the government- the Court specifically. Our dress code- no flip flops, no tennis shoes (unless you work in the file banks or FMLA), no massive cleavage, no massive amounts of tats showing, no gauge piercings or facial piercings. Most of us where chinos and nice knit tops (no logo t-shirts). The higher ups or the ones that go into the courtrooms are dressier. Hair- well we would like you to comb it but if it is a bun, pony tail, braids, we don't care. A former co-worker could wear a beany hat- he was in cancer treatment but otherwise no hats inside. As for lateness- I am late during the school year about 5-10 minutes every day because I wait for the bus to pick up my kids and then I drive into work. During the summer I am on time. It balances out because I pretty much never take a morning break and rarely an afternoon break. The people that get dinged about coming in late are the people not doing their job and the supervisor/manager is looking for a reason to fire them.

Pennington parents have no clue.

Hence the shenanigans they pulled when their son had a severe reaction to a bee sting.

"We'll just sit in the ER parking lot and not actually go in" :roll:

Not going to lie, this is how I handle anxiety attacks that will not go away.

Of course, if I thought I had an actual problem, and especially if I feels own one else had a real problem, I wouldn't be sitting in the car for very long.

Archived