IGNORED

Lisa Pennington has found a "replacement" daughter

16strong

Check out her September 19th post on the Pennington Point FB:

facebook.com/thepenningtonpoint/photos/a.656890047654731.1073741825.161425413867866/1036681149675617/?type=3&theater

She refers to this girl (Cassondra) as her "rental daughter." Said "rental daughter" looks oddly like Faith, and has a blog here: beyondtheinspiration.com/

where she blogs about her extensive beliefs in everything that Faith does not (courtship, no touching men, staying home until marriage, raising your siblings, and Magnolia Pearl-ing the fuck out of your life)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief that woman just becomes more awful over time, doesn't she?

And I just can't with this image below. "Look at me, I am just so zany and out there, aren't I? Are you looking at me being zany?? Look at me!!"

Ugh! Go away attention seeking woman, just go away.

ggMfDFy.jpg?1

Good grief that woman just becomes more awful over time, doesn't she?

And I just can't with this image below. "Look at me, I am just so zany and out there, aren't I? Are you looking at me being zany?? Look at me!!"

Ugh! Go away attention seeking woman, just go away.

ggMfDFy.jpg?1

Lisa, if you go out looking like that, rumors are going to start that you are too drunk or high to button your shirt correctly. I would think a conservative Christian woman wouldn't want to be the subject of gossip like that. :roll:

Everything else is so controlled so this is her own private rebellion. Damn your designated button holes, I'll do it my way.

The crazy buttoning draws attention to her private parts :shifty-kitty:

Wow. That is so disrespectful and passive aggressive towards Alecia Faith. If I were the "rental daughter", I would not want to be a part of that.

The whole "rental daughter" business is both disrespectful to Alecia and to Cassondra. Just as I think this woman can't get more obnoxious, she goes there.

And her clothes are weird. How she thinks this Magnolia Pearl stuff flatters her in any way, one of the stuff makes her look like Miss Havisham.

Check out her September 19th post on the Pennington Point FB:

facebook.com/thepenningtonpoint/photos/a.656890047654731.1073741825.161425413867866/1036681149675617/?type=3&theater

She refers to this girl (Cassondra) as her "rental daughter." Said "rental daughter" looks oddly like Faith, and has a blog here: beyondtheinspiration.com/

where she blogs about her extensive beliefs in everything that Faith does not (courtship, no touching men, staying home until marriage, raising your siblings, and Magnolia Pearl-ing the fuck out of your life)

She is a horrible person. :angry-banghead:

. . . Is this woman for real? I mean, seriously. . . who buttons their shirt like that? :lol:

And yeah, she's horrible all around. Team Alecia for the win!

So if she's being herself, I assume we can conclude (not that we haven't already) that she's a disheveled mess.

No Lisa, you don't look clever and unique. You look like you got dressed in the dark.

Man, I think I'd be offended to be called a "rental daughter".

Plus, what happens when Lisa decides she wants no more of you?

Lisa on facebook regarding her actual daughters:

Lisa: Spending today with my firstborn who is visiting us this week has been a delight.

I'm taking my sadness of her going back to Dallas in a few days out on my bank account by buying her clothes, chickfila and fro-yo.

Hey, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

Commenter: Enjoy. I know how much this means to you.

Lisa: Thanks Darlene. I want to be clear, this is not my daughter that left home suddenly last year. We still don't have contact with her. This is our oldest daughter who moved with our blessing. smile emoticon

So much passive aggression in that exchange. Could Alecia not being in contact with her parents be due to their shunning Lisa's parents (Alecia's grandparents)? Or that the Pennington's have so many conditions attached to a reunion that no sane person could deal with it? Or that they have effectively shunned Alecia?

Lisa, in this day of digital communication, a simple text like, "Love you and miss you. Let's get together for lunch the next time I'm driving through Georgetown. I know we have our differences, but I'm so excited to hear about your plans for the future! Much love, Mom" covers a LOT of the bases in healing a rift.

But since this is (in your and James' mind) about the shame and rage of losing control of a rebellious P'slave daughter, instead of being excited for her as she grows in independence and maturity, it can't happen. Jesus is face palming as tears leak though his fingers.

Lisa is also bemoaning the new Muppet show as not being family friendly, 'cause too racy. One commenter notes that the Muppets have always been racy.

Now onto the Rental Daughter: Reading her blog, it sounds as thought the entire courtship deal is a hypothetical -- she has not yet courted, not yet married and she sounds really young (although she is at least 17). Sounding young in this instance is "I have this all figured out, it will work out just as I have decided it will, but the reality is, I don't have a clue about anything, because totally lacking in experience." Sigh.

First, she thinks it's cute to button her vest in a way that most 82-yo grandpas wouldn't consider, even those who have no effs left to give ....

... Then, she apparently loses all awareness of what the term "rent" + human can mean, as in "rent boy"? Rental daughter?

Oof.

Lisa may have some mental dementia going on.

I personally think her soul's arteries are already well hardened.

Sad.

Isn't calling her a "daughter", even if she is using "rental" somewhat usurping her own parents authority? Since they obviously believe the parents have authority over grown children.

Poor Alecia and poor Cassondra (I wonder if these fundies realized they named their daughter after a seer)

Lisa is terrible and doesnt have it in her to admit any part of their rift. Like, I dunno, wanting to control her adult daughters every move.

Remember Heather Sanders had this same issue, with her daughter leaving and her feeling it was like a death and her praying that her kid would have such a terrible time that she would come crawling back? Well, she quickly realized that she was going to lose her daughter and she needed to change. They reconciled. Her daughter still lives away from home, dates, works, and posts yoga pics in small shorts. And heather is there, accepting her for her, loving her as she is. So good for her. But Lisa likes Internet self pity more than the reality of her daughter.

Rental Daughter-- so she has to pay young women to be around her?

As far as the misbuttoned blouse, I gather it is to disguise her tummy? It looks like "Dress yourself day at the nursing home" but if that is the look she's going for, yay her.

Lisa is (to quote Gary Larson in one of his best-ever cartoons), Just Plain Nuts. Run, Cassondra! Run!!

Meanwhile, Alecia Faith has succeeded in getting her birth certificate, and (based on her FB page) is in a relationship with a really nice looking guy. :dance:

"Rental daughter" just sounds so creepy to me. Also, I have to wonder where are Cassondra's parents in all of this? If I were them, I'm not sure I'd be thrilled about this arrangement.

Lisa is (to quote Gary Larson in one of his best-ever cartoons), Just Plain Nuts. Run, Cassondra! Run!!

Meanwhile, Alecia Faith has succeeded in getting her birth certificate, and (based on her FB page) is in a relationship with a really nice looking guy. :dance:

I was surprised to see she is fb friends with her dad (and three sisters and brother). Didn't Lisa just say "WE" have "NO" contact with her?

I'd call her fashion "style" Drunk Hobo but that would be offensive to unhoused alcoholics. I've seen drug addicted homeless people who are able to dress themselves better than her with access to little more than a McDonalds bathroom and cardboard box donations at the local church.

Is this supposed to be a Magnolia Pearl-like look? If so, It's not quite there for me.

Imagine the overblouse made out of old blue and white pillow ticking, with ripped up bits of white, pink, beige, and yellow linen sewn all over it, and making it ankle-length. That way, when you take the very last buttonhole and button it to one of the midlevel buttons, you will have a big roll of ratty fabric over your abdomen so that you look like you've gained about 20 pounds. :clap:

I would show it with a shapeless, oversized, sleeveless dress made out of old white bedsheets underneath the overblouse.

I'll only charge you $950 for both pieces, but you better hurry, they will go quickly!! :dance:

Edited to add: The ripped up bits of linen are only sewn to the overblouse on one edge, so the rest of it flaps around as you move.

All your wonderful comments are cracking me up. Thanks, I needed a laugh today! :lol:

What is it about people who take selfies of themselves and post them on social media? Lisa does this almost daily and she's definitely not a teen.

If my mother went out with me dressed like that I would seriously think she was loosing her marbles.

All your wonderful comments are cracking me up. Thanks, I needed a laugh today! :lol:

What is it about people who take selfies of themselves and post them on social media? Lisa does this almost daily and she's definitely not a teen.

If my mother went out with me dressed like that I would seriously think she was loosing her marbles.

Lisa doesn't have any marbles left to lose.

Archived