IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

I HATE people who use their cell phones in theaters. Rude! Kids don't bother me so much.

Whenever I see people using their phones in theaters, I'm so tempted to do what I did when I taught English to a bunch of seventh graders who all had smartphones: roam the rows and pluck phones out of people's hands before they can react, and announcing that they can have their phones back at the end of the lesson/movie.

With kids in movie theaters, I have the same attitude I have about kids on airplanes. Kids younger than six or so get a pass for being a bit squirmy and restless or having loud reactions to things in the movie (though no excuse if you're bringing them to an R-rated movie, which is just bad parenting), kids older than six are old enough to know that you shut the hell up during the movie.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't give a care about Jillard but when Michael K at dlisted.com mentions a Duggar its always worth a read.

In this case, he cites:

http://www.thesuperficial.com/jill-dill ... ed-09-2015

And his description of the pair made me laugh:

"Jill Duggar and her malnourished meth head-looking husband are maybe scamming their followers out of money. Well, Mama and Papa Duggar have taught their youngins well – The Superficial"

Quick recap of the Superficial article: at least one Dillard devotee is questioning the Dillards' stewardship of contributions w regard to the couple's frequent trips home to attend weddings.

Give anybody money and adulation and no accountability (except to God!) and the results are going to include misuse and probably thievery, I'm just guessing here.

I don't give a care about Jillard but when Michael K at dlisted.com mentions a Duggar its always worth a read.

In this case, he cites:

"Jill Duggar and her malnourished meth head-looking husband are maybe scamming their followers out of money. Well, Mama and Papa Duggar have taught their youngins well – The Superficial"

Quick recap of the Superficial article: at least one Dillard devotee is questioning the Dillards' stewardship of contributions w regard to the couple's frequent trips home to attend weddings.

Give anybody money and adulation and no accountability (except to God!) and the results are going to include misuse and probably thievery, I'm just guessing here.

I love this post :worship:

and I have to come to conclusion that Derick is now a malnourished meth head

and that he was always a grifter and of course he would be attracted to the king of the grifters Jim Bob Duggar and JB knew from the beginning that JILL AND DERICK would grift

BRILLIANT deduction

maybe that was why Jill was so surprised that he "pretended" to be working at Walmart when she knew she wanted him with her ALL DAY

In this case, he cites:

Michael K is my fave.

Some dude name Derrick*** wrote a mission update - dillardfamily.com/blog

Highlights:

- they're back in Arkansas for a planned month-long visit

- apparently Jill never quit midwifery after all and has been studying for an upcoming test to become a Certified Professional Midwife. Maybe that's why they had to come back to the US, so Jill could take the test?

-they finally finished packing up all their belongings from the McMansion

-their current plan is to continue in language school once they return to Central America. No further details about their mission work.

*** Not my typo. That's really what it says on their site. :lol:

Highlights:

- apparently Jill never quit midwifery after all and has been studying for an upcoming test to become a Certified Professional Midwife. Maybe that's why they had to come back to the US, so Jill could take the test?

-their current plan is to continue in language school once they return to Central America. No further details about their mission work.

Can she even do that if her teacher got her license taken away? Doesn't that kind of void her "training?"

Also if they're not staying at the McMansion, where are they living when they're there? The TTH? In the guest garage?

Highlights:

These people are a joke. If they are really here for a month they will have LITERALLY spent as much if not more time out of Central America than in it since beginning their 'long term mission trip'.

From the blog:

"As many of you know, Jill and I have been in language school for the past month, and we are encouraged by the opportunities we have had to share the hope of the Gospel with our teachers and for the relationships we have built while studying at the school. "

I really hate when people preach to a captive audience. These people are trying to teach you Spanish, shut up and learn from them instead of spewing your specific brand of Christianity.

Can she even do that if her teacher got her license taken away? Doesn't that kind of void her "training?"

Also if they're not staying at the McMansion, where are they living when they're there? The TTH? In the guest garage?

And I thought she only had until 8/31/2014 to complete all field work and pass all written and practical exams before her time lapsed, or she would need to start the process all over again. Without evidence of her passing an exam, I call BS-

I just have a question...if they were moving out of the country, why make the Mcmansion all pretty with registry items and a nice nursery for Israel and everything? Was this the plan the whole time? Are they not moving back to the US? Kind of confusing.

ETA: nooo! I am not a "Speshul Snowflake" anymore. :sigh2:

There, there, it's okay! :hug:

Just remember that Happy Atheist has been hard at work supplying us with lots of other great post count titles to aspire to!

I just have a question...if they were moving out of the country, why make the Mcmansion all pretty with registry items and a nice nursery for Israel and everything? Was this the plan the whole time? Are they not moving back to the US? Kind of confusing.

Answer: for the now non-existent show.

There, there, it's okay! :hug:

Just remember that Happy Atheist has been hard at work supplying us with lots of other great post count titles to aspire to!

I know how you feel. I almost quit posting because I liked being "Blanket Trained" so much. But then I saw that I could attain "Holding Out for Hand Sex" and that inspired me to carry on.

Derick wrote that they are now receiving a commission ...which means a paycheck.

what exactly does that mean? And who is paying money to fund that commission?

Does this mean they are taking down the donation request?

what exactly does that mean? And who is paying money to fund that commission?

Does this mean they are taking down the donation request?

Derick said they were commissioned to the mission field meaning they were given authority to perform a duty or task. If that involves a paycheck, I don't know.

I just think it's strange that they didn't think to start learning the language until they had spent some time there first, especially since they have been to Central American before. Like they must have just realized when they were there that they couldn't convert too many people without being able to speak with them and no one was taking them seriously.

I've been to rural Guatemala for a non-religious charity trip, and the people there need clean water more than anything else. Also they do have visa laws where you have to exit and re-enter the country every so often, but most people we met would take a bus to Mexico for a day.

If any of the other kids are currently courting or maybe about to court...perhaps they will rotate houses = Jessa and Ben into the big house and new couple into the small house.

Jill just posted on Instagram about mission work and quoted the ESV... NOT the KJV. Progress guys.

Wow. I guess she's turning into a more mainstream Southern Baptist

Reading the blog update. This shit annoys me so much....

"I am so proud of all the hard work she has put in over the years to prepare to be a midwife. As it should be in all Christian’s lives, she is using this skill as a means to an end, and that end being the spread of the message of the greatest love story ever told, that is, the work of Jesus Christ upon the cross so that all people who believe what he said and choose to make him the Lord* of their life will enjoy life with him forever in paradise. "

I don't know...it just sounds so cult-ish. And I grew up Catholic (now identify just as a christian....but not THEIR kind of christian.)

So she's becoming a midwife to preach to people? I don't get it.

"I am so proud of all the hard work she has put in over the years to prepare to be a midwife. As it should be in all Christian’s lives, she is using this skill as a means to an end, and that end being the spread of the message of the greatest love story ever told, that is, the work of Jesus Christ upon the cross so that all people who believe what he said and choose to make him the Lord* of their life will enjoy life with him forever in paradise. "

I don't know...it just sounds so cult-ish. And I grew up Catholic (now identify just as a christian....but not THEIR kind of christian.)

So I know your new baby literally just came barreling out of Tuna Town and you're super tired and in pain, but would you like to discuss Jesus?

Oh, let me translate. Since Jill never followed through with the MW path, she's going to preach our version of Jesus AT newly delivered moms (AKA captive audience).

Archived