IGNORED

The kids still at home

MoonFace

Wait, isn't Chad Paine's (Erin Bates husband) dad a doctor and an IBLP/QF fundie? Does anyone know if he got his credentials before jumping on the train to crazy town? Doctor is a high accomplishment for people who need to dedicate all of their time making babies and not caring for them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think that they even realize just how fucked up that is?

Also, apologies and only sort of related, but I know that the goal of the Quiverfull movement is to out-populate the rest of us or whatever so that they can take over the government. They also seem to be pretty committed to the idea that education is of the Devil, which makes sense because the likelihood of some of these kids breaking away from fundamentalism increases with education. So, then, in order for them to achieve their goal, they more or less have to keep their kids uneducated. But, this whole outbreeding everyone thing is going to take some time. Obviously. Generations, in fact. Which means that they will have generations of uneducated persons breeding more generations of uneducated persons. And, that's all great and wonderful, but assuming they finally pop out enough of the faithful to take over, who do they expect to do all of the educated things that they have no understanding of or qualifications to do? Clearly, they won't need scientists or lawyers; they have the Bible. But what about doctors to heal them? Or engineers to build things more complicated than an paint-by-numbers house? Or, well, people to do all that sciency stuff that's not covered in the Bible, like make tater tots and the bag they come in or the gas they need to use to go get it from the grocery store and generate the electricity necessary to cook it. How is that supposed to work, exactly?

Anyone here familiar with the film "Idiocracy?" It's essentially imagining the world as educated, functioning society procreates less while stupid people out-procreate them - it's creepily spot on, and while it has nothing to do with fundies it IS them who are gaming at having the most descendents.

Idiocracy: imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Wait, isn't Chad Paine's (Erin Bates husband) dad a doctor and an IBLP/QF fundie? Does anyone know if he got his credentials before jumping on the train to crazy town? Doctor is a high accomplishment for people who need to dedicate all of their time making babies and not caring for them.

Well, short version and rumor has it that he became aware of the evils of wordly medicine and how it is ungodly after spending time with Gothard and IBILP lectures.

Anyone here familiar with the film "Idiocracy?" It's essentially imagining the world as educated, functioning society procreates less while stupid people out-procreate them - it's creepily spot on, and while it has nothing to do with fundies it IS them who are gaming at having the most descendents.

As I read here and elsewhere on the web I think of this movie often.

Lack of education seems to be a point of pride.

I'd be the President. And a princess. Basically, my plan was to marry Prince William, then get elected president, and he could be king of England and also First Gentleman. So I could have all the fun of being a princess, but with actual political power. That this would probably make me totally unelectable didn't really enter into the equation. And then that wily Kate Middleton gummed up my plans even more.

Haha my plan was to become president of the USA, then incorporate Canada and Mexico into the USA. Then, I was going to have everyone that's in charge in the middle east sit down and discuss their problems civilly until they reached peace. At which point, I would win the Noble Peace Prize, and then become a dictator. Hahaha

Archived