IGNORED

John Oliver Starts a new church **Must see**

syntex72

Last Week Tonight With John Oliver: Segment on Televangelists May Lead to IRS Probe, Report Says

CBS News reported that the federal agency was "getting pressured" after an Aug. 16 segment of "Last Week Tonight." The IRS reportedly conducted only three church tax audits from 2009 to 2014.

This might be the best 'news' segment ever!

watch the Video

I sent them a check for $1. In the memo line I wrote, "for shits and giggles!" I really just want to see the endorsement on the back once it gets cashed.

"...and I kept that dollar bill, because fuck him!" LOL

Still giggling at the "Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption" church. And I DIED when Rachel Dratch showed up. Thanks syntex, this is golden.

The demon lupus thing made me laugh so hard I woke up the kids and the cat. But the whole idea of seed-faith makes me think of trickle-down economics. Am I making the wrong connection there?

I'd never heard of John Oliver (I'm on the other side of the big pond), but I watched the Televangelists segment last week when I read about it in the Josh Duggar thread.

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!

Incredible what the IRS ignores in this matter...

I'd never heard of John Oliver (I'm on the other side of the big pond), but I watched the Televangelists segment last week when I read about it in the Josh Duggar thread.

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!

Incredible what the IRS ignores in this matter...

He has been on Dutch television (HBO) numerous times.

He has been on Dutch television (HBO) numerous times.

I'm really considering getting HBO now. :D

any funds sent in are donated to doctors without borders...john is an awesome guy :D

also, go ahead and call the 800 number...it's for real!

I found my church! I am going to plant a seed so that I can afford HBO to keep watching. :D

This was a fantastic segment. I wish I had HBO so I could watch John Oliver regularly. Quite pathetic that the IRS almost never audits religious organizations and that it takes a comedy sketch to spur them into action.

not to make this about the duggars - but i do wonder if the most recent scandals from fundies (including the duggars, vision forum and the like) have caused the media to be more bold in outing the lies and hypocrisy. one can only hope this is only the beginning of a very big shift in consciousness.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is fantastic. Thanks for the introduction to this funny man - what a great way to start a Monday morning!

I just loved every minute of this! Stunning to me that these people just demand money. My eyeballs were rolling. 65 million dollars...wow.

Edited riffles

For those of you in America sans HBO (like myself), they post the 17-20 minute exposé segments each week for free on YouTube. Just search for "Last Week Tonight." His segment on sex ed was also pretty amazing, and drone strikes, and...well, if I can't have Jon Stewart as the conscience of America, I'll take John Oliver's insightful, witty and revelatory takedowns. They're a public service as far as I'm concerned.

PS: My husband totally donated. He was very excited about the "great things" being promised ;).

I hope his next segment is on John Shrader type missionaries.

I want to see him eviscerate Jeb Bush some presidential candidates on their immigration policies, their use of that offensive term they keep defending and why they're so afraid to go against Trump in this one issue.

Thank you for posting this, I don't have HBO either, but I will look for more of his videos online. This was hilarious.

The televangelist skit is one of his best. We called the number last week and it was hysterical. Best use of 3 minutes ever.

My husband loves John Oliver so much that he's seriously considering subscribing to the HBO streaming service. I'm certainly not stopping him, lol.

Thank you for posting this, I don't have HBO either, but I will look for more of his videos online. This was hilarious.

Luckily the Last week tonight youtube channels posts tons of videos from the show on there. You can basically watch the whole series there.

Archived