IGNORED

Gymnastics!!!

zadie

I didn't see a thread for this, so I was wondering if an FJers wanna chat about gymnastics with me? No one I know irl watches is unless it's the Olympics, and then they don't really know how the rules work or who's who or anything like that. I like to follow it for about like two years leading up to the Olympics so I can see who is a contender and how they do.

Also the championships were a few days ago and Rio will be coming up and then they need to pick the team so it's going to be exciting times!

I mostly follow the women's gymnastics but I'm not against talking about men's gymnastics.

I love gymnastics! Alas, I do not have cable so I haven't gotten to watch a meet in forever!

I love gymnastics! Alas, I do not have cable so I haven't gotten to watch a meet in forever!

They took Universal Sports off my cable so I don't see it on tv anymore, but luckily they have a youtube channel! It's just USA gymnastics. Once I found that I caught up on the meets I missed.

I'll chat! I enjoy watching it, though I don't have a great understanding of many of the details. I tend to try to catch the championships if I notice the advertising ahead of them and if I see other tournaments on TV I'll watch them. I did watch most of the coverage of the championships last weekend and thought it was really good. Next up is the World Championship on Oct 31, right?

You RULE! This is gonna be my entertainment for an upcoming cross USA and back drive. Thanks.

I'll chat! I enjoy watching it, though I don't have a great understanding of many of the details. I tend to try to catch the championships if I notice the advertising ahead of them and if I see other tournaments on TV I'll watch them. I did watch most of the coverage of the championships last weekend and thought it was really good. Next up is the World Championship on Oct 31, right?

I'm not sure when it is. I know I'll get the alert from youtube anyway so I don't bother remembering that stuff anymore.

I only saw the first day of the championships because they don't have a stream of day 2 for the seniors. The first say was a mess! I was worried the gym was cursed lol. People were falling all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the rest of their routines were really good. But so many people fell at the end of the routine or fell off the beam, it was weird.

Yes! Miss GG & I love to watch gymnastics. I wish Rhythmic had more of a presence in the states. I love the artistry of acrobatics. Miss GG started lessons at five, but I didn't have the heart or intestinal fortitude to watch babies fall. The beam still freaks me out! Men's rotations are boring. They don't even have music for floor. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure when it is. I know I'll get the alert from youtube anyway so I don't bother remembering that stuff anymore.

I only saw the first day of the championships because they don't have a stream of day 2 for the seniors. The first say was a mess! I was worried the gym was cursed lol. People were falling all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the rest of their routines were really good. But so many people fell at the end of the routine or fell off the beam, it was weird.

The same thing happened on the second day of the men's competition as well. Something like 5 of the top men fell on high bar and several fell on pommel horse.

I'm hoping USA Gymnastics will upload the NBC coverage of both the men's and women's night 2. They've done that in the past a few days after the competition ends so it might happen this time. I do love that they provide a lot of live coverage and upload routines quickly.

Yes! Miss GG & I love to watch gymnastics. I wish Rhythmic had more of a presence in the states. I love the artistry of acrobatics. Miss GG started lessons at five, but I didn't have the heart or intestinal fortitude to watch babies fall. The beam still freaks me out! Men's rotations are boring. They don't even have music for floor. :mrgreen:

I love rhythmic gymnastics! I don't follow it but the first camp I ever went to was w gymnastics camp. They did all kinds and I even took rhythmic gymnastics for awhile. I was a fat kid though so I was terrible at it and embarrassed at every turn. Maybe that's why I don't follow it, bad memories. :lol:

Ball was always my favorite! I just love the level of control it demands.

The same thing happened on the second day of the men's competition as well. Something like 5 of the top men fell on high bar and several fell on pommel horse.

I'm hoping USA Gymnastics will upload the NBC coverage of both the men's and women's night 2. They've done that in the past a few days after the competition ends so it might happen this time. I do love that they provide a lot of live coverage and upload routines quickly.

This just furthers my theory that the gym was cursed! Lol

I love rhythmic gymnastics! I don't follow it but the first camp I ever went to was w gymnastics camp. They did all kinds and I even took rhythmic gymnastics for awhile. I was a fat kid though so I was terrible at it and embarrassed at every turn. Maybe that's why I don't follow it, bad memories. :lol:

Ball was always my favorite! I just love the level of control it demands.

Coolies! I like hoop, ball, & clubs. Ribbons are hit n' miss. Group rhythmic is my favorite to watch. The former Soviet countries continue to dominate. Until we modify our training regimen to focus on hyper-flexibility and dexterity, the US will continue to trail the powerhouse nations.

I love women's artistic gymnastics. The last two world championships have had live streaming available in the United States, so I was able to watch most of it live without commentary.

I have become a huge fan of Simone Biles. I am not sure she is human. I hope she stays injury free though the Olympics.

Sometimes if i surf past it. And yes during Olympics. (more of a figure skating fan - and I got rid of cable recently so...)

A lot of the meets are live streamed. I am really hoping World Championships are live streamed again this year.

Are in in the United States and on Facebook and/or Twitter? If so, you should like USA Gymnasatics Facebook page or follow them on twitter. They always announce when meets are coming up and provide links when they are live streamed.

This also an excellent resource for information:

thegymter.net/

Artistic Gymnastics World Championships are from October 23 to November 1.

2015worldgymnastics.com/the-championships/competition-schedule.aspx

A lot of the meets are live streamed. I am really hoping World Championships are live streamed again this year.

Are in in the United States and on Facebook and/or Twitter? If so, you should like USA Gymnasatics Facebook page or follow them on twitter. They always announce when meets are coming up and provide links when they are live streamed.

This also an excellent resource for information:

thegymter.net/

Artistic Gymnastics World Championships are from October 23 to November 1.

2015worldgymnastics.com/the-championships/competition-schedule.aspx

Thanks for the links! I sure hope they get streamed live because if nothing else, if the US stations wait until prime time to show them it'll interfere with me giving out Halloween candy!

I agree on rhythmic. I've only seen it a little but it's so fun to watch! For artistic gymnastics, I guess the men's are overall slightly more boring but the women's ones seem so, hm, kind of segmented to me? It takes away from that advantage of sorts to me. Some women are better about it on the floor but overall on that and beam even with the kind-of dance moves it just feels like boxes checked off to me. And maybe that's normal but it feels like they're trying do be dancey so it's just kind of ends up eh for me. At least the men just mostly leave off that pretense, you know? And their high bar routines are ridiculous. It seems like sometimes they're going to break the thing, I love it :lol:

I love women's artistic gymnastics. The last two world championships have had live streaming available in the United States, so I was able to watch most of it live without commentary.

I have become a huge fan of Simone Biles. I am not sure she is human. I hope she stays injury free though the Olympics.

She is def not human. The aliens are trying to take over the Olympics.

She fell at the meet we were discussing above! That's why I think the place is cursed. You know it's bad when Simone Biles falls on the trick named after her! :D

• 2 months later...

Archived