IGNORED

Jana & Jinger to speak at Commit Conference

luv2laugh

Jim Bob has never bought clothes for the girls that were situation appropriate, except for their wedding dresses. I had to buy clothes for a 40's theme event and had so much fun going to costume shops and thrift stores all around town. I don't see Jim Bob allowing the girls to spend the money or time doing that. Polo shirt and jean skirt it will be. Maybe the fancy $10 flip flops as well.

It's heartbreaking these children don't get to have the most basic of experiences - costume parties, dress ups, proms, socials, discos etc. Mullet and Boob got to have all of these, it is really hypocritical that their kids aren't allowed.

What heathens were SO BAD to them when they were regular people that they decided that anyone who was different was bad? :cry:

Edited for poor grammar.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the 9 scheduled speakers, one 1 has a bio that mentions a higher education and an actual, paying, secular job (former congressional aide).

Another "works in graphic design and publishing", but that could mean at IBLP (where she worked before and may still work - dunno).

The common thread: all of the non-Duggar speakers' bios mention a "love for", "passion for" or "heart for" something. One bio mentions all three!

Michelle's bio pic... does that woman wear nothing but that same green top? It mentions "Michelle’s tenderness and wisdom in raising 19 children". Excuse me while I :ew:.

Lolz at the attire. Maxis!

I wonder what the Duggars and their ilk think of the millions of women around the world (Christian and otherwise) whose beliefs involve being much more modest. Those brazen IBLP hussies with their short sleeves, visible ankles and collarbones, and curly hair blowing in the wind! For shame, tempting men like that.

If the Duggar girls still wore frumpers, what kind of husbands would they have landed? Not Ben and Derick, I suspect.

It's heartbreaking these children don't get to have the most basic of experiences - costume parties, dress ups, proms, socials, discos etc. Mullet and Boob got to have all of these, it is really hypocritical that their kids aren't allowed.

What heathens were SO BAD to them when they were regular people that they decided that anyone who was different was bad? :cry:

Edited for poor grammar.

Don't forget, the Duggars can't dance (as per their religion/rape culture) as it entices the eyes or something, so social dances would just be awkward. I'd crack up if I saw Joshy at his prom with JB and M as chaperones to make sure he didn't dance or touch his date. Just the Duggar kid standing in the corner and shielding his eyes from the women. NIKE!

And it blows my mind that JB&M (Michelle, at least) had sort of mainstream childhoods. Michelle was a cheerleader, after all, and dated another boy besides JB right? If she could have regular teen experiences and still end up the 'godly' woman she is today, why can't they trust their kids to do the same? Then again, it's probably because of her disowned lesbian sister. You never know which kid will turn out gay and ruin everything, so better not let any of them make their own decisions?

If the Duggar girls still wore frumpers, what kind of husbands would they have landed? Not Ben and Derick, I suspect.

What kind of husbands can Jana, Jinger and Joy land now? From what I've gathered, the Duggars weren't highly regarded in the ATI world before the release of the police report (see the lack of marriages into ATI upper echelon), but now the girls are considered 'spoiled goods' and at fault for Josh's actions. And any non-fundie guy worth anything will live far, far away from Arkansas, but JB wouldn't allow that b/c then he'd wouldn't be able to control their lives.

Anyone noticed the "Theme Dinner" on the last evening? 50s Diner? I reckon Jana and Jinger will look really pretty in 50s clothes. There were plenty of modest dresses back then.

Considering their very rigid social restrictions, would they even notice a "'50s" theme? Might as well be named "Future Theme Dinner."

I skipped some posts because it's bedtime, but I have a question:

Has Jana done any public speaking before now on this level?

I see her as being a shy young woman, not likely to volunteer for a large event involving being on stage.

Am I wrong about her being shy and quiet?

I wonder what the Duggars and their ilk think of the millions of women around the world (Christian and otherwise) whose beliefs involve being much more modest. Those brazen IBLP hussies with their short sleeves, visible ankles and collarbones, and curly hair blowing in the wind! For shame, tempting men like that.

They are all dressed like brazen hussies compared to modesty standards existing in places like Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia!

They also do not look as wholesome as most Mormon polygamists I have seen. Nobody looks as wholesome as a sister wife in a prairie outfit.

About the normal childhoods of J and B:

People that convert to a strict religion seem to have no concept of the harm that missing out on normal socialization can cause. Sadly, they think they have discovered a better way to socialize children, but in general the child's socialization gets thwarted. Eventually the kids need to leave the nest and get jobs and live in the world, but the tools to do this are often withheld.

I remember being aware of 2 realities as a kid. I knew I had to act and think one way with the fundies and act and think another way with worldly people. Neither group seemed entirely happy as the fundies thought I was too worldly and the worldly people thought I was too fundie.

Eventually I had to pick a side and I ended up with the worldly people, but it was hard.

I skipped some posts because it's bedtime, but I have a question:

Has Jana done any public speaking before now on this level?

I see her as being a shy young woman, not likely to volunteer for a large event involving being on stage.

Am I wrong about her being shy and quiet?

I've personally only ever seen her once in a public speaking environment on the show. It was the "jewelry box" story incident where she broke down crying. I think it was at some sort of "women's" conference similar to this one. She was on stage with Jinger, Jessa and Jill. I've never seen her speaking alone.

I've personally only ever seen her once in a public speaking environment on the show. It was the "jewelry box" story incident where she broke down crying. I think it was at some sort of "women's" conference similar to this one. She was on stage with Jinger, Jessa and Jill. I've never seen her speaking alone.

Do you think, though, that she's had some experience from leading Journey's to the Heart? It might not be actual public speaking, but she's had some leadership experience. And this is the same crowd that would be attending a JTTH, so I imagine there would be some comfort level their, vice Jessa at a women's conference by herself or something. It's not like she's making up new content as a key note speaker, I'm sure it'll be mostly parroting.

I just don't understand what they could possibly speak about. They have no experience at anything other thank cooking, cleaning and raising their siblings. I get that their audience likely lives the same life but what else is their to talk about? I was bad because I had a dream to do xyz but with prayer I was able to quash it?

• 4 weeks later...
I just don't understand what they could possibly speak about. They have no experience at anything other thank cooking, cleaning and raising their siblings. I get that their audience likely lives the same life but what else is their to talk about? I was bad because I had a dream to do xyz but with prayer I was able to quash it?

The audience having the exact same lives makes it even more absurd to me. A lot of these women have like 10 kids of their own and have been mothers for way longer than Jana and Jinger have been sister moms. What in the world could a couple of 20 somethings have to teach these ladies?

My guess is it's probably more aimed toward having a "young person" figure as like proof that this lifestyle is sustainable and your kids too can be as brainwashed and indoctrinated as these ladies.

I'm a little afraid that hearing Jana speak publicly will make me realize she's just as brainwashed as the rest of them, that will make me sad...

I'm a little afraid that hearing Jana speak publicly will make me realize she's just as brainwashed as the rest of them, that will make me sad...

I have no doubt that Jana is as brainwashed as the others. I think everyone wants To think that Jana is the sweet one who is overworked, disillusioned and truly just wants a quiet life. For all we know, she was rarely featured on the show because she was unacceptably too hardcore for TV. Remember Jessa was supposed to be the one who takes Ben and goes and lives a different life than the one she was raised to, all because she seemed to not keep sweet? Well she turned out to be more hardcore than we thought. I think the only Duggar kids with the chance of being less to not fundy at all are the little ones and that's because they have pretty much been ignored and allowed to run wild. They were never "trained" like their older siblings.

I have no doubt that Jana is as brainwashed as the others. I think everyone wants To think that Jana is the sweet one who is overworked, disillusioned and truly just wants a quiet life. For all we know, she was rarely featured on the show because she was unacceptably too hardcore for TV. Remember Jessa was supposed to be the one who takes Ben and goes and lives a different life than the one she was raised to, all because she seemed to not keep sweet? Well she turned out to be more hardcore than we thought. I think the only Duggar kids with the chance of being less to not fundy at all are the little ones and that's because they have pretty much been ignored and allowed to run wild. They were never "trained" like their older siblings.

Oh I know.. I just haven't had it confirmed outright yet so I hold on to my shred of hope that one of them is different...

While I freely admit to a certain amount of speculation about the members of this family I really don't think we know anything about Jana's inner thought processes. I wanted Jinger to be the rebel but all we saw of her was eye rolling and face making, sadness about Jessa leaving the family and a statement about wanting to live in the city. She doesn't seem any closer to making her own way in the world. As for Jana she hasn't said much over the course of all the seasons yet we are attributing some fairly complex though processes to her. I think she is brainwashed, accepting her life and sleep walking through it.

I kinda think Jana might want a quiet life.... Still brainwashed, still dislikes being on TV, but ultimately she probably still believes the crap.

If for no other reason (and there are a lot of reasons), the fact that Jana's close friends include Michael Bates and Priscilla Waller signals to me that she's a True Believer in every sense. I tend to think that all of the older girls are, but Jana is second only to Jill in the one I think least likely to have any subversive thoughts.

None of those kids are as close to breaking away as I'd like them to be.

I can kind of understand not breaking away. In their world, they are right where they are supposed to be. Perfect Christian children, especially the SAHDS. They are expected to do nothing else other than marry and have a full quiver. If they don't, it was God's will and therefore ok. In their world, they are pretty high on the totem pole.

If they were to break away, they will be nothing more than uneducated, unskilled people who have to start at the bottom. They fame will end quickly. They will work minimum wage jobs in hopes of just staying afloat and that likely will not be enough. No more world trips and driving Hummers. Let's not pretend that they can break away and it will be easy or jinger will be the cool kid living in New York while going to art school. It would be awhile before she even got to that point. It's not that easy as in our dreams. It will be hard work and there will be disappointment. People may want to help them if they leave but why would they trust a stranger who wants to "help" them live the lifestyle the stranger actually thinks would be better for them?

If they truly want to break away I hope they can but what happens if they break away and are even more unhappy with how life is, especially since they will likely be going alone without family/friend support or even contact with them. We may want Jana to break away but she was just the bridesmaid in her best friend's wedding. I doubt she wants to walk away from everyone she loves and feels comfortable with. I understand why they would want to leave but I also understand why they stay. I think many of the Duggars would like to live with looser "rules" but I don't think any of them truly want to break away from their family, friends or the lifestyle. It's what they know and maybe what they like. How would any of us feel of someone else was trying to convince us that our lifestyles were the wrong and we should want what they have instead? We would be appalled.

ETA My typing on the phone is horrible.

Jana??? The Journey to the Heart LEADER? Are you guys kidding around? That girl will NEVER leave. She is ALWAYS hanging around IBLP Headquarters. She's at the HQ at least every other month playing volleyball on the field there. Jana is more committed to this than any of the other girls in the family. Jinger, on the other hand, I could see her possibly breaking away.

Jana to me is the least likely to leave. She is the one that her parents trust to indocrinate the kids and be head disciplinarian. She is the one her parents trust with the internet password and to sort through all incoming mail, including hate mail and mail from FJerites. She has also written some texts for IBLP in Chicago in addition to heading Journey to the Heart. These are things the other girls have not done/been trusted with. Aynone who thinks she's sweet and innocent and wants out should give her CV some extra thought.

I don't think any of the older kids will leave. Maybe some of the howlers, and *maybe* Joy. Josiah is the oldest kid I can see making a break for it, especially after the broken courtship. But really, given the parents' iron grip, I will be surprised if any of them find a way to leave. I know it will likely happen with at least one kid at some point, but I will still be surprised when it does.

Archived