IGNORED

Jana & Jinger to speak at Commit Conference

luv2laugh

If for no other reason (and there are a lot of reasons), the fact that Jana's close friends include Michael Bates and Priscilla Waller signals to me that she's a True Believer in every sense. I tend to think that all of the older girls are, but Jana is second only to Jill in the one I think least likely to have any subversive thoughts.

Basically! Both Priscilla and Michael are drowning in the fundie Kool-Aid. Everyone gives Jill shit about being the biggest kool-aid drinker but at least she married someone who comes from a more secular background(Jessa did also). I can see Jill and Derick letting Izzy go to college....even if it's just for the sole purpose of him being third generation Pistol Pete. I can even see Jessa pulling an Alyssa Bates in the near future. Jana on the other hand, will probably marry a guy who works at ATI headquarters and be fully submerged into the fundie lifestyle she grew up in. She will also raise her kids heavily iblp. The key difference between JB&M and Jana will be her sparing her future eldest daughter the buddy teams because she'll have kids a little bit later(but she'll still end up with maybe 8 if she has Michelle's fertility).

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about Jana is that even if she didn't believe in what she's been taught, I still couldn't see her leaving. She doesn't come off nearly assertive enough to make a break like that. Also if she's kind of shy and insecure it makes it harder to make your way into the world, or even think you have a chance.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that people thought Jessa would leave and she is way more involved than we thought. I can't speak for everyone, but I personally thought that Jessa had the best CHANCE, not that she would. I think if Jessa ever DID decide against her beliefs she has a better personality for just deciding "fuck it" and leaving.

One day, might be 10-15 years from now or even longer, but at least ONE of these kids will rebel and write a tell-all book. I just know it. I have a feeling it will be a male Duggar that decides to do this. It would take a lot of guts for one of them to rebel against JB and his threats of cutting them all off.

One day, might be 10-15 years from now or even longer, but at least ONE of these kids will rebel and write a tell-all book. I just know it. I have a feeling it will be a male Duggar that decides to do this. It would take a lot of guts for one of them to rebel against JB and his threats of cutting them all off.

I agree that out of 19, it's very likely that at least one will rebel. But I also think that we will have to wait for that at least a couple of years.

I think that right now, the Duggars are still in a shock/survival mode, and it's only natural that they all try to stick together. The rifts and resentments (which are most likely to be there among certain family members) will show when things have calmed down and the new reality really hits home.

Jinger and Jana speaking at this event shows that they are trying their best to keep the family relevant.

I agree that out of 19, it's very likely that at least one will rebel. But I also think that we will have to wait for that at least a couple of years.

I think that right now, the Duggars are still in a shock/survival mode, and it's only natural that they all try to stick together. The rifts and resentments (which are most likely to be there among certain family members) will show when things have calmed down and the new reality really hits home.

Jinger and Jana speaking at this event shows that they are trying their best to keep the family relevant.

If Jill and Jessa weren't off doing their own things with their families, they would be the ones speaking. Now Jinger and Jana have to fill that void to keep pushing the family brand! I don't think there's any way of knowing for sure, but I noticed that the conference is for daughters aged 12-17 and their mothers... kinda makes me wonder if Joy is going. She's not 18 yet!

Do you think Jana, Jinger, and Michelle are still going to show up now with the new Josh scandal being out? I'd imagine they'd be uncomfortable speaking publicly...

Do you think Jana, Jinger, and Michelle are still going to show up now with the new Josh scandal being out? I'd imagine they'd be uncomfortable speaking publicly...

It's an IBLP/ATI conference, so at least it'll be in front of a sympathetic audience

Michelle? uncomfortable? Not feeling that. She'll keep babbling the company line over and over and over - nevermind the elephant in the middle of the room.

Jana and Jinger are another story.

I imagine that Jana and Jinger were already uncomfortable with the speaking gig, so this new scandal makes it all the worse for them. Questions will be heavily screened so they won't be put on the spot. And I bet their asking price has risen considerable now. Even if they never discuss it, people like being around those embroiled in scandal on the off chance that they'll say something about it. Jessa and Ben will be booked solid for the next year.

I also feel like, as despicable as the whole Duggar lifestyle is, should Jana and Jinger lose out an opportunity because their brother is a truly disgusting, horrible person? On the other hand, neither of them seem comfortable with public speaking so maybe keeping it scheduled is more of a punishment!

I imagine that Jana and Jinger were already uncomfortable with the speaking gig, so this new scandal makes it all the worse for them. Questions will be heavily screened so they won't be put on the spot. And I bet their asking price has risen considerable now. Even if they never discuss it, people like being around those embroiled in scandal on the off chance that they'll say something about it. Jessa and Ben will be booked solid for the next year.

I have to say I agree that Jana and Jinger shouldn't be the ones who should be put on the spot for their brother's behaviour.

I think the Duggars now have a hightened freak factor, people might want to catch a glimpse of them, but I can't see this lasting. Even most former leghumpers won't take them seriously anymore, and people will move on to the next fundie star.

Isn't there a FreeJingerite who said they were actually attending the Commit Conference? It may have been in the Joshley Madison thread, but honestly I can barely keep up reading and skimming there, let alone make all the connections, comments, and questions I have going in my brain right now.

Maybe they'll tell us what happened?

I have to say I agree that Jana and Jinger shouldn't be the ones who should be put on the spot for their brother's behaviour.

I think the Duggars now have a hightened freak factor, people might want to catch a glimpse of them, but I can't see this lasting. Even most former leghumpers won't take them seriously anymore, and people will move on to the next fundie star.

I agree. I said a while ago, before the AM thing, that Jessa and Ben will do very well with the speaking gigs for maybe a year, but once the freak factor element died down and without the show to keep them in the spotlight, that wouldn't last.

Masiespace posted a group pic from Commit. I only see Jinger in it (it's like 100 people, taken from the top of a building). She's private now, apparently, so I cant link it. But it appears they did indeed go.

That surprises me. I thought they'd cancel. Jana and Jinger don't seem to be the most comfortable public speakers in the first place. Now they have to speak after Joshley Madison. Oi.

Wow, they look great! Very cute outfits, though I'm not digging the way Jana's skirt puffs out right under the belt...but if I don't look too closely, it's still really cute!

WOW they both look amazing but Jinger especially. Love the heels. The only thing that kinda bothers me is that they are matching lol but other than that A+++

WOW they both look amazing but Jinger especially. Love the heels. The only thing that kinda bothers me is that they are matching lol but other than that A+++

JInger seems to be channeling Kate Middleton...she looks lovely and less maniacal like she did when Jessa was swept away by Ben.

tumblr_ntpir2AaNU1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Now THAT'S how you dress modestly yet stylish. (Picture is from the Commit Conference, found on tumblr)

I agree but I think there are fundies who would not think that this is modest. The clothes are fitted, not baggy and the skirts do not cover the entire leg.

Frumpers forever! :nenner:

Archived