IGNORED

Jana & Jinger to speak at Commit Conference

luv2laugh

I guess Jim Bob and Michelle are going to be making Jana and Jinger do all of the speaking engagements now? The Commit Conference is Aug 19-22. They have Jana and Jinger's photo listed first with the other for speakers but then under details it says, "2015 Conference Speakers Include:

Jana & Jinger Duggar, Kathryn Ritchie, Janny Moore, Michelle Duggar, Jenny Speed, Laura Oliverio, Becky Keilen, Laura DeMasie, and more!" so I guess Michelle will make an appearance. I believe it is IBLP affiliated.

This is the bio on the site for Jana & Jinger. Most of it is word for word what they said for Jim Bob and Michelle's bio on a speaking appearance a couple of months ago except they swiped out Jim bob & Michelle for Jana & Jinger, "Jana and Jinger Duggar have been an inspiration to millions of people through the ministry God has opened up for them through their television reality series aired on Discovery Health and TLC. As they have simply tried to live out the truths of God’s Word with their family, their faithful witness has given them ministry opportunities all around the world. In 2014 Jana and Jinger authored a best-selling book, along with sisters Jill and Jessa, titled Growing up Duggar: It’s All About Relationships.

The Duggar girls will share from their hearts about their relationship as sisters in a family of 19 children, the importance of communication and openness with their parents, and about their most impor­tant relationship of all—their relationship with Jesus."

I bolded the part of the bio that concerns me. I hope they aren't being forced to talk about the scandal.

commitconferences.com/

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My workplace filter is blocking that URL--where is this conference?

I'm just curious because Jana & Becky will be in Michael(la) Bates wedding to Brandon Keilen in East Tennessee on the 15th.

I'm just curious because Jana & Becky will be in Michael(la) Bates wedding to Brandon Keilen in East Tennessee on the 15th.

It says Indianapolis, IN. It sounds like it will be held at the ATI center there probably.

Edited; didn't see the previous post with location. The site does say Verity College--is that ATI?

Lolz at the attire. Maxis!

Conference Dress

Casual attire. A t-shirt and maxi skirt are perfect! :)

(We ask young ladies and their mothers to dress modestly during the conference.)

I wonder what would happen if a lady would just walk in in hotpants? :stir-pot:

Or even normal shorts?

I wonder what would happen if a lady would just walk in in hotpants? :stir-pot:

Or even normal shorts?

All the fundie ladies turn to see normal shorts girl, then put their noses so high in the air that could possibly drown during the next rainstorm, and give enormous looks of disdain

Here we go again.. :) and will that be just one tee shirt, or two? :nenner:

How else would they dress if it's an IBLP event? Do they seriously expect Mullet to roll up in a mini skirt ("it's a skirt, not a sinful pair of pants!") and tube top ("but, my shoulders are covered by my hair!")? :roll:

How else would they dress if it's an IBLP event? Do they seriously expect Mullet to roll up in a mini skirt ("it's a skirt, not a sinful pair of pants!") and tube top ("but, my shoulders are covered by my hair!")? :roll:

No, I just thought it was funny since we were discussing the popularity of maxi skirts in the Josiah thread... For like ten pages.

What can they possibly talk about.

We've been saying that about the Duggars for years, and yet here they still are.

I'd actually like to hear them talk without Jill and Jessa around, even though it would be parroting.

I'm surprised that they are letting the unmarried daughters speak in public. It seems a little out of character for them!

I'm surprised that they are letting the unmarried daughters speak in public. It seems a little out of character for them!

Maybe its a sign that Jessa and Jill have gone rogue, or maybe the family makes more money if Jana and Jinger speak?

Seriously I wish I could go and after they got off the stage, grab Jana by the shoulders and say

"You can come back with me to Texas, you can stay in my apartment, go to college and be normal yet still conservative (Texas is the bible belt buckle of the bible belt) grab Jinger and Joy I have the car ready"

I think Jim Bob and Michelle are forcing Jana and Jinger to be the new money makers. Neither Jana nor Jinger have ever seemed to enjoy the spotlight. I feel like speaking at a conference would be Jana's worse nightmare. I have rarely even seen Jinger speak without Jessa as her sidekick. I have never even gotten the impression that the two were close. It's almost like the Duggar kids are interchangeable. Jill and Jessa aren't available so they just put two more girls in their place.

They are being forced to try new things to keep in the public eye. JB has many mouths to feed, so if he has to push his two shyest daughters onstage to spout the family line and bring home the turkey bacon, done.

Interesting how his name isn't mentioned in the speaking lineup. Perhaps even leghumpers question his headship abilities.

Get used to the new Duggar income spinning Jana and Jinger. :(

Headship is tainted so now the girls not only have to work at home while Michelle does whatever she does, but they have to support the rest outside the house too. Ugh.

I'm starting to wonder if JB's claim that 2/3 of the families he knows have dealt with incest, because why else would they continue to get speaking gigs, even if it's at IBLP conferences? At this point, how could anyone think that the Duggars have anyone to teach us about anything? :cray-cray: :angry-banghead: :wtf: :?

I really wonder if these ATI appearances give them much income, other than paying for the transportation, food & board to and from there. Especially when multiple Duggars are performing.

Seriously, I can see the girls only getting a speaking fee of a couple hundred dollars each, on top of expenses. That serious isn't much more than working a few shifts at a restaurant instead.

LMAO, this is being held like 30mins from where I live, maybe less if I took the backroads.

I wonder if their speaking at a Commit Conference isn't a backdoor way to get Jana and Jinger to attend the thing (since they've aged out) in order to reinforce the ATI conditioning/brainwashing after this scandal

I really wonder if these ATI appearances give them much income, other than paying for the transportation, food & board to and from there. Especially when multiple Duggars are performing.

Seriously, I can see the girls only getting a speaking fee of a couple hundred dollars each, on top of expenses. That serious isn't much more than working a few shifts at a restaurant instead.

Quite. But the girls wouldn't be allowed to work outside the home at somewhere like a restaurant, where they'd come into contact with the outside world and ebil nonbelievers.

"Shun the nonbeliever! SHUNNNN!"

Archived