IGNORED

From the Sovereign State of Pennington Point

copper

I actually dinged someone in my writers group for this. She wrote her character going to a fancy event without her epi pen because it didn't fit in the cute little purse she wanted to carry.

I was like..... No.... No, when it's your LIFE on the line, you MAKE room for it somehow. Get a bigger purse, stick it between your boobies, down your drawers.... You DO NOT leave it at home because cute little purse is cute.

It just wouldn't happen.

Those things save lives. Lisa Pennington is a blithering idiot for not getting her kid one!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually dinged someone in my writers group for this. She wrote her character going to a fancy event without her epi pen because it didn't fit in the cute little purse she wanted to carry.

I was like..... No.... No, when it's your LIFE on the line, you MAKE room for it somehow. Get a bigger purse, stick it between your boobies, down your drawers.... You DO NOT leave it at home because cute little purse is cute.

It just wouldn't happen.

Those things save lives. Lisa Pennington is a blithering idiot for not getting her kid one!

At least see a doctor. Coincidently my son now has a spider bite that swelled up almost like a golf ball. I will be calling the pediatricians office for advice. I'm going to go read and see if she mentions the symptoms that made her want to rush her kid to ER. I don't feel like the swelling he has is run to the hospital scary, more of a keep a close eye and ask doctor office if I need to worry, type thing

I call liar liar on her. I cannot imagine my kid saying they were struggling to breath, while having those symptoms and not taking them in, despite feeling better. No way. Any body kissing their asses after this have to be certifiably nuts. That is messed up.

Let's say the worst happened to one of the kids. Would they even report it? I doubt it.

I was wondering about that, too. If the kid has no records proving he exists, and they wouldn't take him to the dr. when he obviously needed one, I doubt they'd call the coroner if the kid died. They'd dig a hole out back and have their own private services for him. Can't risk whatever an autopsy might show.

I call liar liar on her. I cannot imagine my kid saying they were struggling to breath, while having those symptoms and not taking them in, despite feeling better. No way. Any body kissing their asses after this have to be certifiably nuts. That is messed up.

I dunno... People praying because Lisa asked on freaking facebook and then Jesus saving the day -- sounds like Lisa. Remember when she was so betrayed by her parents and her daughter that she had to immediately advertise for her snake oils? That woman is a top level narcissist who can't see her children as more than props --for her perfect home, her perfect family, and perfect faith.

. If he'd passed, I don't doubt there'd have been a private ashes to ashes, dust to dust ceremony and burial in the backyard.. If she's also scrubbing epi-pen recommendations from her page, let's hope that the boy breaks free with grandma and grandpa, too....because that's an incredibly dangerous situation she's setting up.

I'm starting to feel the Sovereign State is careening towards disaster. Lisa is either going to crack or something tragic is going to happen. You can't have that kind of laissez-fairer attitude towards medical treatment - especially where a bad allergy is concerned - and not have anything bad happen. She had just been darn lucky so far.

I dunno... People praying because Lisa asked on freaking facebook and then Jesus saving the day -- sounds like Lisa. Remember when she was so betrayed by her parents and her daughter that she had to immediately advertise for her snake oils? That woman is a top level narcissist who can't see her children as more than props --for her perfect home, her perfect family, and perfect faith.

. If he'd passed, I don't doubt there'd have been a private ashes to ashes, dust to dust ceremony and burial in the backyard.. If she's also scrubbing epi-pen recommendations from her page, let's hope that the boy breaks free with grandma and grandpa, too....because that's an incredibly dangerous situation she's setting up.

To the bolded, at this time (Thursday morning, 7/16/2015) she's not scrubbing epi-pen mentions from her FB page. I checked and came away, as always, feeling an extra need to wash. Something about her is just grimy, dirty.

That said, I cannot imagine pausing en route to an ER for a child that wasn't breathing to ask for prayers. Do that AT the ER. Be WITH said child. She drove separately because she was dripping wet in a swimsuit? Wouldn't most moms have pulled on whatever coat/jacket/sheet was nearby and gotten into the car with the distressed child?

Those said, I find her FB post honoring servicemen and fallen heroes disingenuous. She doesn't want to pay taxes to support the military but she lurves and respects them?

Back to the epi: She posts about a spayshul little kit that lets her take vials of oils in her purse, even with room for business cards! Yippay. She better not ever post about how the epi-pen didn't fit or was hard to carry. IF she gets one for the child, of course.

Finally: She posts a photo of herself and one of her good [that is, compliant] daughters at Sonic, laughing about how they will need a potty break in 10 minutes. The daughter has the same grimy look as the mother. I despair for all the children, except the one that escaped....

That said, I cannot imagine pausing en route to an ER for a child that wasn't breathing to ask for prayers. Do that AT the ER. Be WITH said child. She drove separately because she was dripping wet in a swimsuit? Wouldn't most moms have pulled on whatever coat/jacket/sheet was nearby and gotten into the car with the distressed child?

When I was a baby my mom had me in a playpen while she took a shower. When she came out I was choking. She completely panicked, grabbed me, and ran for the neighbors house for help....in her underwear. Never hit her until she stuck her finger down my throat (inducing vomiting) and dislodging the leaf that was stuck in my throat. <---no, they don't recommend that these days, but we were both lucky and thankfully it worked. Only once I was breathing did she realize she was in our neighbors front yard in her underwear.

In other words, yes, I'd have gone in my swimsuit. In our family a breathing child trumps comfort and modesty. You do whatever you have to do to achieve the first, and then and only then do you worry about the second.

At least see a doctor. Coincidently my son now has a spider bite that swelled up almost like a golf ball. I will be calling the pediatricians office for advice. I'm going to go read and see if she mentions the symptoms that made her want to rush her kid to ER. I don't feel like the swelling he has is run to the hospital scary, more of a keep a close eye and ask doctor office if I need to worry, type thing

O/T about spider bites

My oldest daughter gets huge spider bites that swell up, are hot to touch and rock hard. I circle them with pen and see if it gets bigger or smaller while frequently applying the highest OTC anti-itch on it. Between applications I have her ice it for a few minutes. In a day or so it goes down and then away. HOWEVER, she has NEVER, EVER, EVER had difficulty breathing when getting one of these bites. Nor have they been on her face or throat. If they were, or she had difficulty breathing or if they got bigger (after circling) I would take her to the doctor ASAP.

O/T about spider bites

My oldest daughter gets huge spider bites that swell up, are hot to touch and rock hard. I circle them with pen and see if it gets bigger or smaller while frequently applying the highest OTC anti-itch on it. Between applications I have her ice it for a few minutes. In a day or so it goes down and then away. HOWEVER, she has NEVER, EVER, EVER had difficulty breathing when getting one of these bites. Nor have they been on her face or throat. If they were, or she had difficulty breathing or if they got bigger (after circling) I would take her to the doctor ASAP.

Thank you. His was the same. I didn't think to draw a circle but took a picture realizing it wouldn't really help but it was all I could think of. It was fine in the morning. I was rambling in my post because I was second guessing myself thinking I should take him in urgent care, since his do tor's office was closed.After reading Lisa's post I was relieved since he had no other symptoms. I honestly cannot imagine not seeing a doctor just to ask questions about where to go from here. Even with insurance Epi pens can be pricy and they seem to have a long shelf life.

I find it surprising none of them have been to a hospital. With so many kids, no broken bones? I imagine living in Texas could be a blast running around climbing trees and whatnot. no accidents? Super lucky. Of course maybe those kids don't have enough free time to goof off and do stupid things that could cause an injury worthy of an ER visit.

*ding*ding*ding*ding*ding* We have a winner!

I'm still waiting for whatever body supervises CPAs to get Mr. P under its radar.

Wow! I've missed out on some real drama--don't remember these folks.

Calling Lisa a "blithering idiot" is being much too kind. She is a selfish, uncaring, narcissistic, unloving mother who sees her children as props, not people.

She doesn't love her kids. If she did, she wouldn't be risking her child's life in such a deliberately careless way.

The epic-pen comments are still there, even with instructions on how to get one. From her page:

Helpful commenter: EPI-pen. Benadryl may not work fast enough next time. Thankful he is ok.

Like · Reply · 2 · 12 July at 07:15

The Pennington Point: Commenter, that's the plan. I just have to figure out how to get one. smile emoticon

Like · 12 July at 10:05

Helpful Commenter: Needs a prescription. Call your PCP on Monday and tell them what happened. They come in boxes of two.

There's a couple more, too. They seem oblivious to the fact that the Penningtons don't want records of their children anywhere, and don't seem to understand why Faith did what she did.

On the FB page today there's a post saying she visited her daughter Grace in Dallas. Grace has left home and is working (somewhere, Lisa doesn't say) and nannying for Lisa's SIL. In the comments, someone is glad for Lisa that the daughter thing has worked out, and Lisa replies that "this is another daughter who joyfully moved" to Dallas blah, blah. I'd be bloody joyful leaving that nuthouse with those parents, too.

ER runs and clothing:

When my husband was very sick and ER runs were just a part of life, I showed up in our local ER one night in my nightshirt, undies, flip flops and a hoodie. It was one of those times when I didn't bother to stop to change my clothes before we left...I had yoga pants in a "go bag" that I kept by our front door, but wasn't going to stop to change before we left. I slid in a rest room in the ER to put my pants on WHEN we got there. The hospital was, realistically, about 15 minutes from my house but I could make it in 7-10 minutes when I needed to...

So what is this fuckwittery about stopping to pray and post? Shit...I prayed while I drove...

The epic-pen comments are still there, even with instructions on how to get one. From her page:

There's a couple more, too. They seem oblivious to the fact that the Penningtons don't want records of their children anywhere, and don't seem to understand why Faith did what she did.

On the FB page today there's a post saying she visited her daughter Grace in Dallas. Grace has left home and is working (somewhere, Lisa doesn't say) and nannying for Lisa's SIL. In the comments, someone is glad for Lisa that the daughter thing has worked out, and Lisa replies that "this is another daughter who joyfully moved" to Dallas blah, blah. I'd be bloody joyful leaving that nuthouse with those parents, too.

While good that Grace has moved out, I find it interesting to note that she's nannying for an in law. Meaning her father's sister, still in the family where paranoid Lisa can keep tabs. Oh well, hopefully it's better than being in that nuthouse, probably is.

And yeah, they still don't get why Faith moved out. I highly doubt they will ever get it, Faith will be the "bad daughter" who abandoned the family, hurt Lisa oh so terribly, and Lisa will never let her forget it. Take it from someone who's been there. 20-30 years from now, Lisa will still be carrying on about it.

I have health insurance and only pat $21 copay for an Epipen two pack. I just checked online and out of pocket cost for the 2 pack is $480 to $570 depending on where you get it. Do they have insurance.

Good for Grace. Sounds like she has a job in addition to nannying? I've always gotten the feeling (or at least hoped) that the Faith situation made her take a cold hard look at things and shift her stance, at least a little.

I can not believe the stupidity of this woman's actions. What is worse? Not having a doctor assess your child who is having a "severe allergic reaction" or taking a potent medication(i.e. an epi pen) with no medical direction?

An epi pen can be a life saving intervention for the appropriate patient. However, it is a potent medication and must be used appropriately and on the appropriate patient. Taking the advice of random internet strangers as to what is an appropriate treatment for a "severe" allergic reaction is stupid. In this case we only have Lisa's word that it was a severe reaction. What does this even mean? Hives? Big hives? Swelling? Big Swelling? Wheezing? Vomiting? All of these ? What if this child actually had another medical problem entirely - a medical problem with a treatment different from an epi pen? Who knows,because Lisa did not actually do the right thing and get that child to a doctor.

TL:DR For any medical situation - do not depend on random internet strangers for medical advice - GO SEE A DOCTOR and if your child has a potentially life threatening issue DO NOT STOP TO PRAY. If you want to pray then do so while you go see a doctor ASAP.

I can't even think about not having a child with a severe allergic or anaphylaxic episode not getting immediate (potential) life saving attention. Some patients experience an anaphylaxis late phase that can occur 4-6 hours after the initial reaction. It can be much worse (stronger) response for some patients which is why a steroid dose is recommended along with the Epi along with constant monitoring for about 8 hours. Benadryl will not help with the late phase. The mediator causing it are the leukotrienes, not histamine. This poor kid got lucky this time because Jebus. :angry-banghead:

Brand new here so I have never heard of this family. Now I feel obligated to wander off down that rabbit hole for the day. I'm somewhat terrified of what I'm going to find. :(

Epi pens always remind me of a typo my friend made once. He said he couldn't meet up with me because he had to drive his mom to the hospital. She's got stung by a bee and was allergic.

When I asked if she'd be ok, he said yes, he'd shot her with the epic penis, but he still needed to get her to the hospital.

I snarking replied back that I'd need a ride to the hospital too if I'd been shit by an epic penis.

Autocorrect is so funny sometimes....

That's the thing - I've always, always learned that even if you have an epi-pen, you STILL need to go to the ER or the doctor. Epi-pens are a temporary fix and you still need to get checked over.

They are endangering their children's lives. They are not just skating on thin ice they are dangling their feet in the river and saying na na na boo boo I can walk on water just like Jebus! Who will have to drown for them to realize that they can't?

Epi pens always remind me of a typo my friend made once. He said he couldn't meet up with me because he had to drive his mom to the hospital. She's got stung by a bee and was allergic.

When I asked if she'd be ok, he said yes, he'd shot her with the epic penis, but he still needed to get her to the hospital.

I snarking replied back that I'd need a ride to the hospital too if I'd been shit by an epic penis.

Autocorrect is so funny sometimes....

Indeed it is.

I have health insurance and only pat $21 copay for an Epipen two pack. I just checked online and out of pocket cost for the 2 pack is $480 to $570 depending on where you get it. Do they have insurance.

Doubt it. That would requires records for the kids, I think. Also, when I'm a new patient somewhere I think I have to put my SSN, which the kids likely don't have. They'd also need insurance either through Obamacare or something like Cobra, which people generally get when they're unemployed, since James works for himself.

That's the thing - I've always, always learned that even if you have an epi-pen, you STILL need to go to the ER or the doctor. Epi-pens are a temporary fix and you still need to get checked over.

They are endangering their children's lives. They are not just skating on thin ice they are dangling their feet in the river and saying na na na boo boo I can walk on water just like Jebus! Who will have to drown for them to realize that they can't?

Yeah, if you use an epi-pen you should still go to the ER. First, it might not completely work and you need to be monitored. Second, you've just injected a massive amount of adrenaline (epinephrine) into yourself and you're going to be feeling the effects of that: Heart racing, shortness of breath, anxiety, nausea, dizziness...

Archived