IGNORED

From the Sovereign State of Pennington Point

copper

Haven't seen this posted on yet.

One of the Pennington kids was stung by an insect and had a severe allergic reaction.

1. On the way to the hospital Lisa, driving separately, pulled over to post on FB about it and ask for prayers.

2. Apparently he started doing better once arriving at the hospital AND THEY NEVER TOOK HIM IN. Reading between the lines, they gave him benadryl, sat in the parking lot, and "called a pharmacist".

3. All her commenting friends told her to get an epi pen, dang it, and she responded - "yes we agree, we just are trying to figure out how".

4. Do you know when it's hard to get an epi pen for your kid? When you don't want to take them into the hospital and you don't want to take them to a PCP because you DON'T WANT THEM TO HAVE ANY RECORDS.

No wonder they are so hooked on their essential snake oils. They're depending on that for medical care so they stay out of the system. I guess you have to have some delusional safety net to live that way and convince yourself you're still a good parent.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

epic face palm time! Two parents with multiple college degrees, and they can't bear to go to the doctor, get a prescription for an epi pen and get the prescription filled. You know, that prescription that has the potential to save their child's life. Better to just stock up on Benadryl and slather themselves in essential oils if it happens again. Oh, and update facebook. Always update facebook.

You can quibble with western medicine all you want, but western medicine is extremely good at dealing with medical emergencies, like anaphylaxis.

I just can't with this. I hope Faith's mission to become a legal citizen also has a domino effect and takes out the Pennington parents for what they've done to their other kids. This is so seriously fucked up that I can't even.

That kid needs to have an epi pen from now on and she better get him one. He's probably never been to a doctor in his life.

He's probably never been to a doctor in his life.
Exactly, and why start now?

Sadly, Lisa is convinced that her call for prayer assistance is what saved the day. Not that prayer is in any way wrong, but that she'll avoid taking steps to care for her children's health, thinking that she only has to rely on prayer.

I'm saying a little prayer for the continuing health and well being of her children -- I think they need it.

I read that post too - the stupidity and drama-mongering, they astound. Of course, taking your minor child to a hospital would lead to requests for documents that prove his very existence :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: , so why bother with petty little annoyances like that???

I have a beloved family member who, without immediate hospital treatment for anaphylactic shock, wouldn't be above ground right now. You bet your ass I rushed him to the hospital, and followed up with an Epi-Pen prescription.

And now, it's time to step away from all things Pennington for the rest of the evening...

I carry an epipen. I can't imagine not having it around. I've not had to use it (touch wood), but have had close calls and had to be rushed to the ER on rounds of steroids and benadryl. The reactions became more severe as I got older, but now is more "controlled" in terms of I know what causes the anaphylaxis and I avoid those things as best as I can. I hope this boy isn't going to have that issue, given his mother thinks that prayer and Benadryl are enough. She got lucky this time.

Getting an epipen isn't difficult. It merely is asking a PCP or GP for a script. No big deal.

I seriously don't understand these fundies anymore.

I think the Pennington parents were more worried about their kid getting a record than their health. You can really understand why the grandparents stepped in to help Faith - it's f'd up just from social media, I can only imagine how messed up it is when directly involved with the Pennington family.

This is a prime example of how fucked up these people's priorities are. They WANT to live away from everyone, then let them. But let their kids have a chance of a normal life.

That's fucked up. Who cares about your wishes for your kids to remain undocumented when an allergic reaction could kill them?

3. All her commenting friends told her to get an epi pen, dang it, and she responded - "yes we agree, we just are trying to figure out how".

I went to the Pennington Point fb page yesterday evening, and could find no commenters recommending getting an epi pen - but 4 or 5 "so wonderful, praise jesus" comments.

oh Lisa! So glad that all is ok. That God is good all the time!

Even across the Pond, the panic was felt, the prayers were prayed, and the relief was felt

This gave me chills! What a testimony. So glad he was ok.

Did I miss something or has Lisa scrubbed epi-centric comments from fb?

I went to the Pennington Point fb page yesterday evening, and could find no commenters recommending getting an epi pen - but 4 or 5 "so wonderful, praise jesus" comments.

They're still there as of 30 seconds ago.

You're welcome. I always feel grimy after looking at anything P-Point. Ick.

Lisa is a blithering idiot. If that poor kid gets stung again the reaction will almost certainly be much worse.

Yes, I think she must have scrubbed any pro-epi pen comments. There are just the 4 leg-humping comments left. I was sorry to see that the Homeschool on the Croft woman is a Lisa leg-humper. She has some good recipes.

4. Do you know when it's hard to get an epi pen for your kid? When you don't want to take them into the hospital and you don't want to take them to a PCP because you DON'T WANT THEM TO HAVE ANY RECORDS.

*ding*ding*ding*ding*ding* We have a winner!

I'm still waiting for whatever body supervises CPAs to get Mr. P under its radar.

Lisa is a blithering idiot. If that poor kid gets stung again the reaction will almost certainly be much worse.

Yes, I think she must have scrubbed any pro-epi pen comments. There are just the 4 leg-humping comments left. I was sorry to see that the Homeschool on the Croft woman is a Lisa leg-humper. She has some good recipes.

Lisa Is A Blithering Idiot.

That felt good.

*ding*ding*ding*ding*ding* We have a winner!

I'm still waiting for whatever body supervises CPAs to get Mr. P under its radar.

You are not the only one. At some point (I'm hoping) they'll make national news. They have to. Their [real] story is positively made for media. Naugler-esque drama crossed with Anderson-style crazy. :popcorn2:

I just...can't.

My German Shepherd chases wasps like it's his job. Last week he finally caught one...in his mouth. I immediately rushed him inside and called the vet. The advised giving him Benadryl and watching him closely. I was supposed to bring him in immediately (we are 2 mins away) at the first sign of swelling. Because I didn't have any Benadryl pills I had to load him up in the car and take him to the CVS drive thru (pretty sure we looked ridiculous). ANY sign of swelling would have resulted in an immediate trip to the vet. I didn't take my shoes off or let him leave my sight for 2 solid hours. And that's my dog!

What kind of idiot doesn't get their kid checked out after he is having trouble breathing???? The swelling alone could have been enough to cut off blood flow to his fingers!

Lisa is soooo worried about him breathing, yet she stops her car to post on fucking Facebook? And he's 16 and she won't let him sleep alone, but he doesn't need to see a doctor?

:angry-banghead:

I am deathly allergic to yellow jackets. Didn't show up until I was 30. First bad reaction was big red welts the size of dinner plates that hurt for days. Dr. said take Benedryl and be aware of future stronger reactions. Next sting a month later was severe, hives, eyes swelling up and short of breath. I drove myself to ER with 2 year old in car seat. They grabbed my son, toldme to strip snd within minutes I had IVs in both arms and ankle. They told me after that was in case I passed out and they had to do CPR and push meds in. I also got read the riot act about driving, I was close to passing out behind the wheel.

I now carry 2 epi pens and know to use them and call 911. The next time that poor kid gets stung Benedryl alone may just prolong his death by a few minutes.

This is going to sound horrible but it may take something that drastic to get those kids out of there. Could it be an ER visit will reveal something they want to keep hidden? How do you hide plumbing line bruises or rod not spared marks kept hidden under long skirts and sleeves from health care people in hospitals? This is just speculation on my part, and not an accusation of abuse, but in my eyes what the did is abuse.

A good friend of mine has a kid with severe allergies. If I understand correctly benydril can mask the symptoms and it doesn't mean it will be all ok. It can get worse next time and even with an Epi pen you can still die from anaphylaxis. You don't mess with that. If they were out hiking in a remote area and the kid gets stung again they may not be thanking Jesus so much. Someone needs to get a screenshot and file it someplace so if something happens it can be proved they know better.

I think allergies are misunderstood by many.

I am deathly allergic to yellow jackets. Didn't show up until I was 30. First bad reaction was big red welts the size of dinner plates that hurt for days. Dr. said take Benedryl and be aware of future stronger reactions. Next sting a month later was severe, hives, eyes swelling up and short of breath. I drove myself to ER with 2 year old in car seat. They grabbed my son, toldme to strip snd within minutes I had IVs in both arms and ankle. They told me after that was in case I passed out and they had to do CPR and push meds in. I also got read the riot act about driving, I was close to passing out behind the wheel.

I now carry 2 epi pens and know to use them and call 911. The next time that poor kid gets stung Benedryl alone may just prolong his death by a few minutes.

This is going to sound horrible but it may take something that drastic to get those kids out of there. Could it be an ER visit will reveal something they want to keep hidden? How do you hide plumbing line bruises or rod not spared marks kept hidden under long skirts and sleeves from health care people in hospitals? This is just speculation on my part, and not an accusation of abuse, but in my eyes what the did is abuse.

You can't hide that sort of thing in an emergency. Which is why they won't go in, and maybe the kid dies. Not saying that their kids are being disciplined in any way outside the norm for fundies, but Pearl following does leave marks! I do understand being ER-phobic because you want/need to hide something (as a kid and young person, I did have a time or two where I chose not to go get stitches or other medical treatment that might expose my body, because at the time, I felt that I needed to hide the fact that I self-harmed, and was afraid of being treated badly), but you bet your ass if my throat swelled up, I wouldn't have cared about that! Lisa is just risking her kid's life- which is not her decision to make, it's his- to hide her identity and possibly physical abuse. That should be a crime!

I also think that after what happened with Faith, they don't want another kid running. So, they are preventing this one from having any documents that could be used to prove that he exists, even if they're needed to deal with an emergency.

Just my two cents, sorry for any TMI.

Let's say the worst happened to one of the kids. Would they even report it? I doubt it.

I wonder what the grandparents (that are helping Faith) think of this newest issue with a different kid? I wonder if G&G are in a position that they could help all the kids. What a horrible position to be in.

Do think it's possible that since Faith took off and is now pushing for identification documents, they have probably become even more paranoid about another making the break and doing the same. Plus Faith's situation has made the news so staff could realize who they are which might fuel more paranoia on their end.

For all those that asked, I just added it to the way back machine so it will be saved as of this afternoon.

Do think it's possible that since Faith took off and is now pushing for identification documents, they have probably become even more paranoid about another making the break and doing the same. Plus Faith's situation has made the news so staff could realize who they are which might fuel more paranoia on their end.

@nokidsmom- yes, a thousand times yes!

Archived