IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits Molestation of 5 Juveniles - Part 5

happy atheist

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what I keep thinking about is, Jim-Bob had to know that there were internet rumors about the abuse years ago. Why didn't he petition the court on behalf of his minor victim children to have the investigation documents expunged years ago? Either he had bad legal counsel or he just thought he was untouchable.

I think that he just assumed because they were minor records, they were buried and never to be found. I doubt that he himself had seen the record or thought a thing about it. In his mind, there were no charges, and therefore there should not be a bad record of anything at all. Maybe he thought records were destroyed after the SOL runs out? Either way, this whole thing shows that he's really not as cunning as anyone thought; he's just a bully. I don't think he realized how damning that police report was. And looking through the court records, it is very clear that JB is not a law-savvy man. I've always thought that business savvy and legal savvy overlapped, but...apparently not.

This has almost become "Poking holes in everything that the Duggars preach"

• Modesty Keeps You Pure
  • Buy Used, Save The Difference
  • We live debt free

Re Michelle's medical bills:

Those bills are from 1992. Jinger said in the early moving special that she was born at home. She was born in 93.

I always just kind of assumed that home births were just kind of an ATI thing, and since I've never had to pay a medical bill in my life, the cost of having a child in the USA always slipped me. Sadly, I often forget that in the USA you have to pay for every single thing. Including birthing a child. There are no government freebies, even for things like cancer treatment. That boggles me, being raised in the land of universal health care. Anyway. My point was that I guess that explains the whole ATI home birth obsession.... give birth at home for free. Putting money over the health of the mother? Strong. family. values

Well oddly, in the USA states do have a medicaid insurance programs for low income families. Which at the time in the early 90's the Duggar's had very limited income and a lot of kids so they have qualified for it, I can't be sure on that though as I don't know what their income was back then. But anyway for the people who are very fanatical like those who follow Quiverfull/ATI type of teachings they try to live a minimalist type of lifestyle. They might make their own clothes, laundry detergent etc... I think they look at being minimalist as living closer to the scriptures of the Bible. Therefore, I think for a lot of them home birthing in their eyes is more Biblical. I however, am not of that Religion and I firmly believe that God put doctors on the Earth for me to use them :)

You know what I keep thinking about is, Jim-Bob had to know that there were internet rumors about the abuse years ago. Why didn't he petition the court on behalf of his minor victim children to have the investigation documents expunged years ago? Either he had bad legal counsel or he just thought he was untouchable.

I just read a bunch of old posts (from 2011) by someone who was a bit of an insider in VF/ATI circles, that someone mentioned in another thread, and one thing he mentioned was that Josh was very much aware of FJ and kept up with internet gossip about the family. He KNEW what people were saying about him, he knew that as outlandish as they sounded to even the biggest haters of the family, that those rumors were completely accurate, and yet he was so arrogant that he thought nothing of getting more and more active in political circles, of working for FRC. He, Jim Bob and Michelle really did consider themselves untouchable. And who knows, considering their evangelical fanbase that are happily defending child molestation, political connections to the point that records get destroyed, and TLC's obvious reluctance to cancel the show, maybe they will prove to be untouchable in the long run.

• Modesty Keeps You Pure
  • We live debt free

Hey, isn't that the point of this whole website?

(although fundies in general not just the Duggars)

• Modesty Keeps You Pure
  • We live debt free

Maybe if we poke enough holes this entire movement will disintegrate.

Ah it is good to have dreams.

Well oddly, in the USA states do have a medicaid insurance programs for low income families. Which at the time in the early 90's the Duggar's had very limited income and a lot of kids so they have qualified for it, I can't be sure on that though as I don't know what their income was back then. But anyway for the people who are very fanatical like those who follow Quiverfull/ATI type of teachings they try to live a minimalist type of lifestyle. They might make their own clothes, laundry detergent etc... I think they look at being minimalist as living closer to the scriptures of the Bible. Therefore, I think for a lot of them home birthing in their eyes is more Biblical. I however, am not of that Religion and I firmly believe that God put doctors on the Earth for me to use them :)

I don't know a single thing about medicaid other than how it covers prescriptions. Is it 100% coverage for hospital stays? Partial? Do you need to qualify for welfare first?

Out of people I know/see who make their own laundry detergent, it's always either 1. It's better for the environment! or 2. It's so much cheaper!

Not that it's impossible for ATI/QF/fundie folks to choose to be minimalist, but they seem to hash out saving a buck so very often :roll:

I do find it interesting that the kids before Jinger were born in a hospital, and then as soon as they struggled to pay the pills, they had Jinger at home. Even if medicaid was available to them, they may have been too proud to use it, even then :cry:

Edited for poor wording/grammar

I think that he just assumed because they were minor records, they were buried and never to be found. I doubt that he himself had seen the record or thought a thing about it. In his mind, there were no charges, and therefore there should not be a bad record of anything at all. Maybe he thought records were destroyed after the SOL runs out? Either way, this whole thing shows that he's really not as cunning as anyone thought; he's just a bully. I don't think he realized how damning that police report was. And looking through the court records, it is very clear that JB is not a law-savvy man. I've always thought that business savvy and legal savvy overlapped, but...apparently not.

EFFING DUGGARTIME IN ACTION!

Maybe if we poke enough holes this entire movement will disintegrate.

Ah it is good to have dreams.

And in this case prayers.

Hey, isn't that the point of this whole website?

(although fundies in general not just the Duggars)

Yeah but now we have People's attention, it might go somewhere. Like we could bring the whole cult down. And really there needs to be something good come from this horrible thing.

Yeah but now we have People's attention, it might go somewhere. Like we could bring the whole cult down. And really there needs to be something good come from this horrible thing.

I agree!

How do you think this will impact JD's position with law enforcement since he is a constable? It might make for some tense moments for him since the PD is now being kind of scrutinized over this. Which just goes to show you how far reaching and how great the impact is on that family. I mean this is more than JB/Josh/Michelle going down, essentially the whole family has been drug down. I can't imagine the resentment that the older children must be feeling right now.

How do you think this will impact JD's position with law enforcement since he is a constable? It might make for some tense moments for him since the PD is now being kind of scrutinized over this. Which just goes to show you how far reaching and how great the impact is on that family. I mean this is more than JB/Josh/Michelle going down, essentially the whole family has been drug down. I can't imagine the resentment that the older children must be feeling right now.

JD's position is elected. He might not get re-elected.

Mullet called transgender people child molesters, which they are not. Her son IS a child molester... Does this woman not realise how stupid she is?!

Everything she said about the supposed threat posed by trans-women to young girls in her bathroom-law robocall is more applicable to her son and the access she allowed him to her own daughters. How could she make this recording without any pang of conscience? She is horrible.

Just edited to add the text of the call I got cut/pasted from Huffpo. Emphases are mine-- I read it today and was just outraged at her brazenness---she's disgusting. Could she read those lines without thinking of her own son?

"Hello, this is Michelle Duggar. I’m calling to inform you of some shocking news that would affect the safety of Northwest Arkansas women and children. The Fayetteville City Council is voting on an ordinance this Tuesday night that would allow men – yes, I said men – to use women's and girls' restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only. I don’t believe the citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls. I doubt that Fayetteville parents would stand for a law that would endanger their daughters or allow them to be traumatized by a man joining them in their private space. We should never place the preference of an adult over the safety and innocence of a child. Parents, who do you want undressing next to your daughter at the public swimming pool’s private changing area?

Endangering and traumatizing your daughters, compromising their safety and and placing your predator son above their innocence and safety is EXACTLY WHAT YOU, YOUR HUSBAND, AND YOUR SON DID.

Everything she said about the supposed threat posed by trans-women to young girls in her bathroom-law robocall is more applicable to her son and the access she allowed him to her own daughters. How could she make this recording without any pang of conscience? She is horrible.

Yes, she is.

Both she and her husband are frauds.

They should be investigated by CPS-

I knew they were (are) shitty parents, but this is even worse than I imagined.

Like someone else said, I am sure there is more that we have no idea about.

@Sassypants what is even more disturbing is this family went on television talking about their lily white moral principles and I've read more dirt on them in the last few days alone then I've ever known about my whole family. I mean who would have thought a bunch of drinking, dancing, bingo playing Catholics were more holy than the Duggars.

JD's position is elected. He might not get re-elected.

If only this scandal would take down Huckabee for good as well then I won't have to see his face again.

And to top it all off she can sat in front of TV cameras talking about mowing the lawn in her bikini with her victimized daughters in the room and said how women have to be responsible for the feelings and desires they stir up in men. WTF? Now that this is all out in the open it is like she said that her daughter's are to blame for what happened to them.

@Sassypants what is even more disturbing is this family went on television talking about their lily white moral principles and I've read more dirt on them in the last few days alone then I've ever known about my whole family. I mean who would have thought a bunch of drinking, dancing, bingo playing Catholics were more holy than the Duggars.

EXACTLY! JB sold us some bogus storyline and TLC bought it. I hope his fall is long and hard. Unfortunately, he's knocking out a few of his kids on the way down.

He is a lying liar who lies. His kids grew up bathed in that environment, so chances are high that a few of them will be lying manipulators too.

GD it this pisses me off.

I firmly believe there are more than 5 victims, and some may be boys.

Please drop this ridiculous speculation. It is counterproductive and frankly stupid. You have zero evidence for any of it.

Archived