IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits Molestation of 5 Juveniles - Part 5

happy atheist

Yikes... this really is a cult and not a Religion.

Yeah. That had pretty much been the focus of this website for about a decade

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read a bunch of old posts (from 2011) by someone who was a bit of an insider in VF/ATI circles, that someone mentioned in another thread, and one thing he mentioned was that Josh was very much aware of FJ and kept up with internet gossip about the family. He KNEW what people were saying about him, he knew that as outlandish as they sounded to even the biggest haters of the family, that those rumors were completely accurate, and yet he was so arrogant that he thought nothing of getting more and more active in political circles, of working for FRC. He, Jim Bob and Michelle really did consider themselves untouchable. And who knows, considering their evangelical fanbase that are happily defending child molestation, political connections to the point that records get destroyed, and TLC's obvious reluctance to cancel the show, maybe they will prove to be untouchable in the long run.

Could you post the link to the thread? Thanks!

Jana says something under her breath at 5:28 in what looks like exasperation at Michelle's victim blaming rhetoric, but I can't tell what it is... youtu.be/U4NzmVEFPrY?t=50m25s

Dazzle, remember to break links so Discovery doesn't take the show off youtube. Then the only way to get the show would be to pay Jim Bob royalties.

I got to thinking, why didn't Jim Bob go to his own father when he didn't know what to do with Josh instead of the church elders! I wonder how much Grandpa and Grandma Duggar knew about this situation. Is that why Grandpa always seemed annoyed when he was around the family? I am just getting more disgusted by this whole situation each day.

My other thought is that I guess I should have expected them to be frauds, Jim Bob is after all a politician and used car dealer!

Josh has canceled his appearance at Teach Them Diligently Christian home-school convention in Sandusky, Ohio, in which he was scheduled to be a keynote speaker. The convention was scheduled to run from May 28 to May 30. Updated information regarding its speaker was put on the convention's webpage and it read, "We heard the completely unexpected news regarding Josh Duggar. Since then, Josh Duggar has withdrawn as a speaker at Teach Them Diligently in Sandusky." The "19 Kids and Counting" star was appointed to be the speaker as he was a child of home schooling and he believed that he could share the benefits of the home schooling program based on his personal experience.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/000 ... z3b7a16Fhw

Josh has canceled his appearance at Teach Them Diligently Christian home-school convention in Sandusky, Ohio, in which he was scheduled to be a keynote speaker. The convention was scheduled to run from May 28 to May 30. Updated information regarding its speaker was put on the convention's webpage and it read, "We heard the completely unexpected news regarding Josh Duggar. Since then, Josh Duggar has withdrawn as a speaker at Teach Them Diligently in Sandusky." The "19 Kids and Counting" star was appointed to be the speaker as he was a child of home schooling and he believed that he could share the benefits of the home schooling program based on his personal experience.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/000 ... z3b7a16Fhw

That has been posted already.

Has anyone in the media attempted to contact Kathryn Joyce yet? She seems like one of the most knowledgeable people to turn to for all things Quiverfull. An interview from her would really help them get their facts straight and give their reports more detail. It would be great to see her as a guest writer for a prominent publication as well.

Kids can have one of two types of Medicaid in Arkansas, depending on income and availability of insurance through a parent's workplace. ARKids-A covers EVERYTHING and has been a lifesaver as my son is about to be in the hospital for a rather long stay. It covers vision, dental and prescriptions too. ARKids-B has similar coverage but there are very low co-pays attached.

For adults there is the healthcare independence program, which for my husband means he's on the Silver plan through our provider but the state pays all his premiums for the next 3 years. We have low co-pays. I currently fall under post-partum Medicaid and it covered all of my labs, ultrasounds, visits as well as my emergency surgery and tubal. Here in a few weeks I switch to the Silver too.

My family of 5 was covered at an income of $30K-ish per year.

I watched parts of "Digging with Duggar" just now. The knots in my tummy are starting to go away. I found it odd that Josh was hinting at a Jana and/or Jinger courtship. Will we get an announcement in a few days in hopes to divert attention from the real issue?

How much do the Duggars/Dillards owe in unpaid hospital bills?

There's no way of knowing. We only know about the issues in 92 because there was a court case.

How much do the Duggars/Dillards owe in unpaid hospital bills?

I don't know about the Duggs but since Derick is full time I imagine that he has health insurance offered from Walmart. Just a guess on my part since I've never worked there :)

The reason I haven't commented much, combined with the speed that this topic has moved, is that others have expressed my feelings, some more eloquently than I ever could

Do I think Josh's upbringing and environment play a role in what happened? Yes.

Do I think that absolves him? No. Fourteen years old, repressive parenting or not, is plenty old enough to understand what he did was wrong, and yet he continued to do this multiple times, with multiple victims. I also blame his parents for not reporting it to authorities(and no, a stern talking-to from Pedo Cop doesn't count), for allowing Josh to remain in the home with his victims, and for not assuring he got proper treatment(and again, hard labor doesn't cut it).

Please drop this ridiculous speculation. It is counterproductive and frankly stupid. You have zero evidence for any of it.

I disagree. Until a few days ago, we did not have evidence that Josh actually was as vile as the internet rumors claimed. His behavior had predatory aspects and showed itself to be growing more brazen. It was covered up for a long time. It is highly unusual for these types of sexually predatory behaviors to suddenly and completely change, even with prayer and Jesus and manual labor. He has had unfettered access to numerous children in the past decade.

I don't say this lightly, and it's clouded by past personal memories which do complicate the issue at hand. But even if an 8 or 4 or 12 year old says things are okay, that doesn't mean things should move on, consequence-free, based on their words. Children cannot completely nor adequately advocate for themselves. It is incumbent upon parents or mature, close parties to ensure their needs are addressed and repercussions enforced, even if the youth cannot identify their needs at the time or understand the meaning of the repercussions.

We need to err on the side of safety and precaution. He should be further investigated. Moving on and/or ignoring warning signs has allowed men in his movement (and elsewhere, throughout time, sadly) to continue to abuse people. We cannot diagnose online, but someone in CPS or some other department/s needs to spend some time with Josh. We should ensure the safety of his children and others.

His parents should have sought real help for him long ago. They should be blamed for this. This should weigh on their minds, souls, and hearts. In the absence of real effective help, we need to be sure that he is no longer a threat to others. This isn't baseless speculation. He has harmed before and it is possible that other survivors of his abuse exist, silently standing by. We shouldn't try to identify potential victims, but Josh was cheated of real therapy and rehabilitation years ago. As a society, we should be sure that he is moving forward without harming others.

Do you think Jim Bob and Michelle would send the girls that are still living at home on the first available JTTH group? Is there an age limit on who can attend? The girls need real counseling, not JTTH.

I watched parts of "Digging with Duggar" just now. The knots in my tummy are starting to go away. I found it odd that Josh was hinting at a Jana and/or Jinger courtship. Will we get an announcement in a few days in hopes to divert attention from the real issue?

Unless one of them starts courting a woman, I don't see how a Jana or Jinger courtship would divert any attention from this story.

Even before this happened, I could sense Duggar fatigue setting in. I know there is talk of 19 Kids (or 18 Kids, Because We're not Counting the New Black Sheep) continuing without Josh, but I can't imagine them pulling it off even if they tried. Does anyone really care what the gender of Jessa's baby is?

Not to mention that Jim Bob and Michelle will always be huge elephants in the room. The way they handled Josh's assaults, the whole sordid story about the pedo cop friend giving Josh a stern lecture probably with a stern erection, and Michelle accusing transgendered women of all wanting to molest her daughters, at least four of whom had been molested by her son and covered up by her, I just don't see the Duggars sticking around.

Unless one of them starts courting a woman, I don't see how a Jana or Jinger courtship would divert any attention from this story.

Even before this happened, I could sense Duggar fatigue setting in. I know there is talk of 19 Kids (or 18 Kids, Because We're not Counting the New Black Sheep) continuing without Josh, but I can't imagine them pulling it off even if they tried. Does anyone really care what the gender of Jessa's baby is?

Not to mention that Jim Bob and Michelle will always be huge elephants in the room. The way they handled Josh's assaults, the whole sordid story about the pedo cop friend giving Josh a stern lecture probably with a stern erection, and Michelle accusing transgendered women of all wanting to molest her daughters, at least four of whom had been molested by her son and covered up by her, I just don't see the Duggars sticking around.

I hate to say it, but they probably will if she's having a girl :?

Well oddly, in the USA states do have a medicaid insurance programs for low income families. Which at the time in the early 90's the Duggar's had very limited income and a lot of kids so they have qualified for it, I can't be sure on that though as I don't know what their income was back then. But anyway for the people who are very fanatical like those who follow Quiverfull/ATI type of teachings they try to live a minimalist type of lifestyle. They might make their own clothes, laundry detergent etc... I think they look at being minimalist as living closer to the scriptures of the Bible. Therefore, I think for a lot of them home birthing in their eyes is more Biblical. I however, am not of that Religion and I firmly believe that God put doctors on the Earth for me to use them :)

Anyone know the Duggar's/ATI view on health insurance? Do they have it or is it considered depending on the big bad government/heathen outsiders?

I disagree. Until a few days ago, we did not have evidence that Josh actually was as vile as the internet rumors claimed. His behavior had predatory aspects and showed itself to be growing more brazen. It was covered up for a long time. It is highly unusual for these types of sexually predatory behaviors to suddenly and completely change, even with prayer and Jesus and manual labor. He has had unfettered access to numerous children in the past decade.

I don't say this lightly, and it's clouded by past personal memories which do complicate the issue at hand. But even if an 8 or 4 or 12 year old says things are okay, that doesn't mean things should move on, consequence-free, based on their words. Children cannot completely nor adequately advocate for themselves. It is incumbent upon parents or mature, close parties to ensure their needs are addressed and repercussions enforced, even if the youth cannot identify their needs at the time or understand the meaning of the repercussions.

We need to err on the side of safety and precaution. He should be further investigated. Moving on and/or ignoring warning signs has allowed men in his movement (and elsewhere, throughout time, sadly) to continue to abuse people. We cannot diagnose online, but someone in CPS or some other department/s needs to spend some time with Josh. We should ensure the safety of his children and others.

His parents should have sought real help for him long ago. They should be blamed for this. This should weigh on their minds, souls, and hearts. In the absence of real effective help, we need to be sure that he is no longer a threat to others. This isn't baseless speculation. He has harmed before and it is possible that other survivors of his abuse exist, silently standing by. We shouldn't try to identify potential victims, but Josh was cheated of real therapy and rehabilitation years ago. As a society, we should be sure that he is moving forward without harming others.

Let me just move this statement from our Admin and de facto leader in Curious' current absence over from another Duggar/Josh thread then:

Let's keep the baseless, prurient speculation to a minimum, shall we? FJ is not a place to just make shit up and call it a rumor. It's not a place to spin worst case scenarios. The confirmed facts in this situation are bad enough. We don't have to "hope" it was worse.

It is absolutely baseless speculation and it is exactly what we don't need to be doing.

I hate to say it, but they probably will if she's having a girl :?

Anna is having another girl in a few weeks. Any daughter of Jessa's would be far more removed from the perp than Josh's little girls are/will be.

Let me just move this statement from our Admin and de facto leader in Curious' current absence over from another Duggar/Josh thread then:

Yeah, but at a minimum, he should be investigated. JB shouldn't be able to call in favors to cover for him. He should have a fairly transparent (protect the innocent, ofc) investigation. We don't need to microscopically consider the minors in his vicinity, but he should be on the radars of several government agencies.

We don't need to" hope" it was worse, but I don't think we should ignore the obvious possibility that he just got slicker. We on the internetz don't need to hover over that possibility, but it's clearly there. And someone with some legal heft should be looking at him closely.

Anna is having another girl in a few weeks. Any daughter of Jessa's would be far more removed from the perp than Josh's little girls are/will be.

If Josh and Anna stay in Arkansas, Jessa's child would be close by. I'm not saying she'd ask him to babysit or anything, of course. But I'm sure the older girls felt a little more relieved that he was in DC, even if they did have to sometimes go be aunt/moms to their nieces and nephews.

I feel so bad for the M kids. They 100% don't deserve this. If Anna really did know what Josh had done (I'm still not completely convinced, despite what she said in her statement), then shame on her for bringing children into the world with him.

Arghhh! I have purpously not looked all this time but I was caught up here so I went and read the announcement on tics facebook page and the comments. Stupid leghumpers!!!! But some are taking them to task...good luck with that, those people have dug into their ignorance... I really wish I had not looked. I think I will stick to reading old threads here. Very entertaining...

Archived