IGNORED

Another Maxwell fast

urban explorer

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If things truly went off the rails in casa Maxwell, how would anyone know? If the fasts became alarmingly often, for instance, and the family was too afraid to challenge Steve, hopefully some in-laws would be able to intervene?

Yeesh, now I've scared myself. :shock:

The really scary part of this, IMHO, is that the family is so enmeshed and brainwashed, the thought of challenging Steve or staging an intervention, well, it simply would not occur to them. At all. It would still be trust and obey the batshit crazy patriarch.

Wonder what John thinks of all this after his recent experience overseas and away from the cray-cray. Wonder if he wishes he were back there?

Gasp! It's fasting day and they posted a new blog? Well, I guess that answers ONE question about it...... :pink-shock:

Gasp! It's fasting day and they posted a new blog? Well, I guess that answers ONE question about it...... :pink-shock:

Well, they're only fasting from food, not shilling.

Is it my faulty memory or are the testimonials always from the same people?

It appears that Steve cannot cope at all when things don't go as expected and when they do, the reaction is extreme, ramped up, intense, over the top and it's got to involve the entire family.

I think with Steve the 'entire family' thing is mandatory all of the time, to save their souls or something, but he just ramps it up when stuff doesn't go his way.

It reminds me of what certain family members of mine said growing up: "The family that prays together stays together" Too bad for them I hated praying even when I was a young kid who had never heard of words like 'atheist' or 'gay'... Ever so sweet was the food that was tasted prior to prayer. Book of Me. :twisted:

Is it my faulty memory or are the testimonials always from the same people?

I looked at a few pages on their blog where they were talking about their books and some are similar (Joyanne vs. Johnna), which I guess is common when you and your siblings have so many kids and can't pick names that don't come from The Book.

Apart from an "Abby" and "Johnna" the names are not repeated once. Either that means they have lots of fans who only post one time, or Steve is a lying liar. I'll let you all decide which one is more probable. ;)

I looked at a few books on their store page and while they have a section for people to post their own testimonials, the only one I see is for Managers of Their Chores:

"I have had chore lists for years, but this has been the best. It took prayer and time to get it set up, but we are reaping the benefits."

"I am enjoying ChorePacks. The portable packs are especially helpful with our 'learning challenged' children that need detailed lists of what to do. By clipping their chores to them, they do not forget the lists and can stay on task!"

"I have SO many books on housework, organizing, decluttering etc...and have seen and visited just as many websites. The problem is most put all the work on mom and many never even mention chores for children and the benefits. I knew Managers of Their Chores would be THE best for my family because of the focus that is put on God and the serving from the heart to make the family stronger with everyone pitching in."

"It gave you visuals, explained the whys, needs, and benefits of chores, plus giving a system for implementing them. The book walked you through the process very clearly one step at a time with explanation of what to do and why."

The last one is more of a description, but I guess they needed to use what little they got!

My spreadsheet says today is Agibail's birthday. I hope they're not fasting at Melanie and Nathan's house. :?

My spreadsheet says today is Agibail's birthday. I hope they're not fasting at Melanie and Nathan's house. :?

Maybe not a total food fast, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some kind of self-denial expected of them all today, including Abigail. Steve chose the day. He could have chosen a different one.

My spreadsheet says Abigail's birthday is tomorrow - I'll have to go back and check the blog for the exact date. :D

I hope they aren't fasting for her birthday - poor thing has little to look forward to as it is.

Maybe not a total food fast, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some kind of self-denial expected of them all today, including Abigail. Steve chose the day. He could have chosen a different one.

It is No Dirty Dishes Day, after all.

daysoftheyear.com/days/no-dirty-dishes-day/

It is No Dirty Dishes Day, after all.

daysoftheyear.com/days/no-dirty-dishes-day/

Your avatar! :pearlclutch: :lol:

Your avatar! :pearlclutch: :lol:

in honor of the Maxwell fast i thought my two animal crackers having a little f*n was appropriate :D

My anti fast for the day. Breakfast and lunch were fairly normal.

Breakfast: Bowl of Raisin Bran, a banana and a cup of coffee (I take mine with a bit of raw sugar and some half and half)

Lunch: 2 hard-boiled eggs, a piece of whole wheat bread (and in honor of poor Mitch Moody, spread with 1/3 more butter than needed, and I will not be asking for forgiveness for that), raspberry greek yogurt, strawberries with a splash of fresh lemon juice, and in honor of Teri, a diet Pepsi

Dinner: Went for my usual anti-fast, Panera. A turkey bacon sandwich, chips and another diet Pepsi. Passed on the 99 cent pastry this time though, nothing that suited my fancy

Well if it is her birthday, I can only hope she is celebrating with her mom's family. She deserves cake.

I didn't even intend to anti-fast today, but ended up eating out twice and having chocolate cake for breakfast. And one meal was fast food, which I eat so rarely that it definitely qualifies for an anti-fast!> :D

Why does he do these fasts? I agree that it sounds scary. 36 hours is a long time for a complete fast. Ramadan fasting for Muslims is only during daytime and Jewish fasts are never more than 25 hours. Both groups eat plenty before and after fasts but I don't see Steve having feasts to balance out the fasts.

Why does he do these fasts? I agree that it sounds scary. 36 hours is a long time for a complete fast. Ramadan fasting for Muslims is only during daytime and Jewish fasts are never more than 25 hours. Both groups eat plenty before and after fasts but I don't see Steve having feasts to balance out the fasts.

Exactly. It's as though 12 or 24 hours isn't special or difficult enough, it has to be harder for everybody concerned. Isn't there a whiff of real instability in this behavior? I'm not a mental health expert, but I don't like this at all.

On a lighter note, I did attempt to eat a dessert today for each Maxwell woman. There were 5 cheesecakes on offer , but after an excellent meal of appetizers, salads and BBQ lamb burgers, I could only squeak down one slice. I chose the butter pecan cheesecake on behalf of Teri. Scrumptious.

Isn't Sunday dinner for the Maxwells bean burritos. What a horrible last meal for a 36 hour fast.

I don't know why he does these fasts!! Like others have posted this is like their 2nd or 3rd of the year.

My little blessing (lol) suggested that we go to the café and get milkshake and cookies, while we were shopping today. The Hive Vagina would be proud.

Archived