IGNORED

Another Maxwell fast

urban explorer

"The fast begins after dinner Sunday evening, the 17th, and ends Tuesday morning, the 19th, at breakfast."

i hope no one posted this yet, I can't believe another fast is coming up AGAIN :pink-shock:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot add.

As this is a long weekend I intend to do some anti fasting, I have a bakery nearby that makes awesome crepes I will start my anti fast with that. :mrgreen: :nenner:

Marian the Librarian i do believe your right, this fasting is becoming an idol not pleased, not pleased at all.

Fasting for John's desired wife to appear? Fasting for Sarah to find anything male that will meet Daddy's approval? Fasting that Steve decide they can have seconds on burrito nights?

:angry-banghead:

They seem to be fasting once a month, or so. Guess Stevie can't afford groceries for an entire month..... :music-tool:

Theyre going over 24 hours without food :( Even when most people fast for religious reasons, like Muslims do, they at least allow themselves to eat after dark. I really feel for the poor "kids", they have no say in this and are deliberately starved for over a day. I just want to take them all in and make them a lovely meal, give them pepsi and candy, and as many animal crackers as they want. Can you imagine what would happen if someone gave the poor sugar deprived Maxwell kids a whole pile of sugar and caffeine filled foods? Steve wouldn't know what the hell to do with them.

Theyre going over 24 hours without food :( Even when most people fast for religious reasons, like Muslims do, they at least allow themselves to eat after dark. I really feel for the poor "kids", they have no say in this and are deliberately starved for over a day. I just want to take them all in and make them a lovely meal, give them pepsi and candy, and as many animal crackers as they want. Can you imagine what would happen if someone gave the poor sugar deprived Maxwell kids a whole pile of sugar and caffeine filled foods? Steve wouldn't know what the hell to do with them.

They might have an independent thought. :D

Is this like the 3rd or 4th of the year?

They seem to be doing it about every other month.

Oh well, anti-fast part 4! Come back all ye sinners and post of your gluttonous ways!

Forgot add.

As this is a long weekend I intend to do some anti fasting, I have a bakery nearby that makes awesome crepes I will start my anti fast with that. :mrgreen: :nenner:

Marian the Librarian i do believe your right, this fasting is becoming an idol not pleased, not pleased at all.

I need to plan this anti-fast. There's a "gourmet" Italian market across from my apartment that sells the most divine cakes and cheesecakes. BY. THE. SLICE. If you're familiar with Winniprg I'm talking about La Grotta Market lol.

In honour of the anti-fast I feel it is my duty to pick up several on Saturday morning to enjoy on Sunday. Plus something salty and crunchy. :)

I was looking something up for another thread and happened to see that there's an SBC fast on May 18. It's probably a coincidence. I guess????? :shifty-kitty:

https://instagram.com/p/2oEkOlsj_c/?tak ... rosschurch

ETA: Of course, the Maxwells are better than the whole Southern Baptist Convention, because their fast is twelve hours longer. :nenner:

Steve appears to be tightening the food control more and more. This will only get worse.

Steve appears to be tightening the food control more and more. This will only get worse.

Im actually somewhat worried about where its going to go next. Its getting more frequent. Especially because he is already an unstable person and I can totally see him one day completely losing his mind and doing something horrible. Unfortunately I can see, by the time Steve dies, either they go with him, or they are so damaged by what he has done to them that they wont be able to live normal lives.

I wonder whether any of them have any feelings about this? Do they want to do it, do they ever feel that they cant do it but have to? Do they wish they could say no?

Im actually somewhat worried about where its going to go next. Its getting more frequent. Especially because he is already an unstable person and I can totally see him one day completely losing his mind and doing something horrible. Unfortunately I can see, by the time Steve dies, either they go with him, or they are so damaged by what he has done to them that they wont be able to live normal lives.

I wonder whether any of them have any feelings about this? Do they want to do it, do they ever feel that they cant do it but have to? Do they wish they could say no?

This is a good point. Can they say no? :think:

I'm worried, too. He mentioned Satan in his most recent Seriously post. He rarely talks about Satan, at least directly. Most of his writings is about Christ.

I don't think the family can say no. He orders, they trust and obey, that's about it.

I'm going camping this weekend with my camping group. We have at least one potluck during the trip so I will eat well. I also went grocery shopping for this weekend and got chicken thighs to grill lathered with Famous Dave's BBQ, bacon, pancakes in a bottle, chips, cinnamon graham crackers, and watermelon. I'm also bringing Pumpkin Bog wine from Prairie Berry Winery (I belong to their wine club)

I'm going camping this weekend with my camping group. We have at least one potluck during the trip so I will eat well. I also went grocery shopping for this weekend and got chicken thighs to grill lathered with Famous Dave's BBQ, bacon, pancakes in a bottle, chips, cinnamon graham crackers, and watermelon. I'm also bringing Pumpkin Bog wine from Prairie Berry Winery (I belong to their wine club)

i know it's none of my fucking business lol but that's not far from me. :lol:

there are so many wineries here, it's the bomb.

I will keep Steve and the gang in my thoughts with every bite I take...

I'm going to Pensacola for creationist Kent Hovind's mail fraud retrial on the 17th. I will make a point to eat the city's finest while I am there.

ETA Plus I have the dreaded diabeetus. Fasting is right out.

I will be competing in a triathlon on Sunday. I will enjoy every sip of my post race beer, and every bite of whatever food I choose. (Burger? Pizza? Halibut wrap? Burrito bowl? No idea yet. I have a few days to decide.)

i know it's none of my fucking business lol but that's not far from me. :lol:

there are so many wineries here, it's the bomb.

Prairie Berry is the best! I was introduced to it back in 2009 by a friend who suggested it when we were visiting the Black Hills. I've been hooked since. Blue Suede Shoes is my favorite. Everytime I go to the Hills I make a stop there and do the free tasting.

This upcoming fast on May 18 is on the one year anniversary of Grandma Maxwell's death. Maybe they are fasting for her soul.

Archived