IGNORED

Kristen Barbour is paroled

Stynjen

Barely a slap on the wrist. FFS. :evil:

People are disgusted by this for a reason judge! 2 babies are tortured , one has head trauma Nd these monsters get a slap on the wrist. Is it really normal procedure when 2 children in the family are severely abused to allow the abuser to continue caring for the rest of the children? Is it because they were adopted? It just seems like she would be considered a danger to the other kids as well.

I have long thought that anyone who inflicts permanent injury on anyone else should always, as part of their penalty, have to pay into a fund toward that person's care. The injury doesn't go away, why should the penalty be finite?

I have long thought that anyone who inflicts permanent injury on anyone else should always, as part of their penalty, have to pay into a fund toward that person's care. The injury doesn't go away, why should the penalty be finite?

This makes a lot of sense especially with the prison industrial complex being the way it is. I guess my only concern would be family feeling the need to pay off debt for their criminal family members but it still sounds better than jail for a number of crimes and a good addition for many crimes that typically result in jail.

So Christians are being persecuted and prevented from practicing their religion in the US these days, huh?

Alright, then. Tell me how a so-called "Christian" woman gets to beat, starve, and freeze her daughter to death, and gets off with a slap on the wrist BECAUSE she's a white Christian? Tell me, would this sentence have been given to a black woman, or a Muslim woman? HELL NO. They'd be locked up for life.

"Christians," You ARE being given preferrential treatment. Here it is. And all the stuff with gay marriage? Yeah, the rest of society is having to fight TOOTH AND NAIL for that. Even now, it is not clear what the final outcome will be. So how about you take you "religious rights," and shove them up your backside. Religious persecution my ass. :pull-hair:

I really wish the kids' lovely parents would initiate a lawsuit against this bitch - a civil suit for damages to the children. There was physical harm and emotional distress. There has to be some legal argument and as the kids' permanent caregivers, they should have standing to sue on behalf of the kids, but I think they are just too nice to do that. They also wouldn't want the kids to deal with it. I HATE THAT SHE IS GETTING AWAY WITH THIS AND I WISH HER HARM (sorry beb and latraviata).

I really wish the kids' lovely parents would initiate a lawsuit against this bitch - a civil suit for damages to the children. There was physical harm and emotional distress. There has to be some legal argument and as the kids' permanent caregivers, they should have standing to sue on behalf of the kids, but I think they are just too nice to do that. They also wouldn't want the kids to deal with it. I HATE THAT SHE IS GETTING AWAY WITH THIS AND I WISH HER HARM (sorry beb and latraviata).

It a civil suit on behalf of the kids possible? The kids are entitled to some sort of compensation from their abuser in my opinion. Kristen may have paid her debt to society, but she didn't make things right with the kids. They could use the cash to help pay for college. I wonder if the kids could sue themselves when they turn 18, but maybe the statute of limitations would have run out by then. I don't know how these things work.

Mr. Stewart told the court his client has been subjected to “public flogging.â€

“Let her move on with her life,†he said. “You have her for four years’ probation. She is highly unlikely to be a recidivist. Let’s be done.â€

She, and her husband, deserve to be flogged since it's not like the judicial system is punishing them for child-torture. I guess black Ethiopian children aren't worth much. If they were white American children, chances are there'd be at least a few months in jail.

How did they not lose all the kids?

It a civil suit on behalf of the kids possible? The kids are entitled to some sort of compensation from their abuser in my opinion. Kristen may have paid her debt to society, but she didn't make things right with the kids. They could use the cash to help pay for college. I wonder if the kids could sue themselves when they turn 18, but maybe the statute of limitations would have run out by then. I don't know how these things work.

Depends on the state, but yes. She could be held liable for any permanent damage to the kids

Archived