IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part Eleventy

Nishi621

:?

What? When I was in the Church of Christ, we did not believe in military service or serving on a jury because we might have to decide in a death penalty case. If you have something to say, say it.

eta: We voted.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually don't comment on looks or weight but you're right. Josie's hair looks terrible and dirty with whatever shit they are using.

Maybe they could get out of because of that. But, remember Oprah served on a jury back in 2004.

Hey I was grasping. I don't think they are enough of a distraction being cable reality stars. And I don't think they would try to get out of it bc they do participate in civic minded stuff. JB was a state senator. JD is a constable.

I know some say conscientious objectors due to death penalty but my jury experiences is if it involves a death penalty possibility you asked in that specific instance. Further, JD I'm guessing carries a gun when he's on duty.

Why are we surprised that Jill doesn't follow the directions for the baby sling? Her mother ignored the directions for the My Breast Friend. She was shown wearing it standing up on a float at Dollywood for crissake. It's meant to be a bolster pillow while seated.

On another note, our Joshie has followed in his dad's footsteps and made t to Crooks and Liars: http://crooksandliars.com/2015/05/josh- ... er-country

There was a more recent incident where Tom Hanks served on a jury, but a lawyer/fan interacted with him outside of the courtroom, so the case wound up being compromised and they almost had a mistrial (the defendant got a reduced charge instead). I can see people who have heard of that case becoming much more wary of having even slightly famous people on the jury, especially in a place like Arkansas where the more conservative celebs might attract attention. Maybe one of the kids could? But anyway, I could definitely see them (the girls especially) trying to claim some kind of religious exception.

I usually don't comment on looks or weight but you're right. Josie's hair looks terrible and dirty with whatever shit they are using.

I don't think it looks dirty, it looks like they put the same hair products in it as Michelle has in her hair. Not that it makes it look any nicer....

Wait, in the last episode, didn't they find a crib at the nursery store? I thought that was in the list of items she picked out.

And is Jessa going to get Hannie/Jordyn's old crib, or was that given to Josh? If Josh got it, does Jessa's baby get a new crib?

And speaking of hand me down beds, I'm surprised that they left the beds as is when they redid the girl's room. Jessa and Jill both have their names on beds still, despite the fact that neither of them will ever use them again.

Michelle had some serious crazy eyes when talking to Josie. On the other hand I developed sudden severe allergies when they showed Derrick reading the note from his dad. Total water works.

What? When I was in the Church of Christ, we did not believe in military service or serving on a jury because we might have to decide in a death penalty case. If you have something to say, say it.

I never heard that and grew up Church of Christ. And ddint jury duty inspire Pa Keller to start a prison ministry?

Michelle had some serious crazy eyes when talking to Josie. On the other hand I developed sudden severe allergies when they showed Derrick reading the note from his dad. Total water works.

Seriously, that killed me.

Then I got to thinking that, in all likelihood, none of the Duggar kids would receive a gift like that from Michelle or JB. That makes me sad.

I don't think it looks dirty, it looks like they put the same hair products in it as Michelle has in her hair. Not that it makes it look any nicer....

I'm guessing it's mousse. Classic spiral perm styling product. It doesn't have to look like that, smh. Jessa, go to cosmetology school and beautify your family. Please. :lol:

I'm guessing it's mousse. Classic spiral perm styling product. It doesn't have to look like that, smh. Jessa, go to cosmetology school and beautify your family. Please. :lol:

Or maybe she's following the Vitafamiliae Sanders annoying mother/blogger who has a guide on how to make your child's hair curly. If memory serves it is a very labour intensive malarkey. Conditioner and never brush it....something like that.

You know considering how many times we've seen the Duggar girls primp Derrick and Ben, not to mention how unfortunate they themselves looked when they were younger, you'd think they'd would put a little effort into their sisterkids.

Jury selection varies by jurisdiction and by the type of court. There is no formula for getting out of jury duty.

Uh, and the Duggars vote.

And, goddamn it, you should want to do the right thing and serve.

There is always a formula to get out of Jury duty just by the questions the attorneys ask. I have been called to Jury Duty and have been exempted because attorneys don't generally select another degreed law professional to serve as I can certainly bias the jury. Oh and by the way keep on D??ming the higher above and he will get you back. Peace out.

Or maybe she's following the Vitafamiliae Sanders annoying mother/blogger who has a guide on how to make your child's hair curly. If memory serves it is a very labour intensive malarkey. Conditioner and never brush it....something like that.

I had a similar regimen when I lived in the desert, but in AR humidity it would look and feel disgusting. Oh wait...

I'm Church of Christ (minus the crazy-and the no sex no drinking no dancing stuff) and we have a member who is in the military. We've always been taught that serving is a good thing. Were you part of the one cuppers/no sunday school movement? I'm just curious because I've never heard that before.

This sneak peak recorded last night make Jim Bob and Michelle look sort of stupid. I'm sorry but how do you know remember where a big huge crib you used less than 5 years ago went...

Another damn scripted episode next week.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/

I think the sneak peak will be available on this page

Also why did they get a new crib for Jennifer again? Wasn't the TLC one nice in the moving in special or is that the same one? Well I guess the moving in special was 10 years ago so the crib is ancient to the Duggars

I can't find stuff I put up two weeks ago let alone 5 years ago. I don't think that makes them stupid. There's other things just not this one.

I'm Church of Christ (minus the crazy-and the no sex no drinking no dancing stuff) and we have a member who is in the military. We've always been taught that serving is a good thing. Were you part of the one cuppers/no sunday school movement? I'm just curious because I've never heard that before.

I am CoC too...In VA, our church congregation was probably 50% military. From what I've learned (feel free to correct me) there's three branches of CoC. There's the no instrumental music folks (sorta fundamentalist, REALLY great people but not my style), the Independent Christian Church (holds to CoC doctrines but does instrumental music, moderate) and the Disciples of Christ (more liberal, some congregations are gay-affirming).

I attended a non-instrumental CoC for awhile, and while I really liked it, the whole congregation singing was just glorious, it was a little too conservative for me. Our church in VA was ICC and also in Arizona and here in Nevada.

Even in AZ and NV, they are very vet/military supportive. On the Sunday nearest to July 4 and Veterans day, they recognize all the vets and AD folks.

Since the Duggars think they're superior to everyone else, I wonder what God would say to them if they do get to the gates of heaven. Are the things the Duggars doing enough to get to heaven? Or would God be disappointed with them? I would think God would be very disappointed with them and point out their bullshit.

They would be welcomed by loved ones and hear the beautiful music played and be given the review of their lives. Then after a certain amount of time, their souls will be regenerated back onto a planet (maybe even Earth again) to learn the next lesson. This is what waits for us all, had my paradigm shift on this topic some time ago.

If heaven exists, and the Duggars show up at the gates, I think they'll be reminded of:

'Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.' (Matthew 6:1)

and will be summarily sent packing.

That is actually pretty universal curly hair advice. Brushing my hair is the worst possible thing I can do. It breaks up the curls and makes it frizzy and poofy with no definition. And traditional shampoos can be pretty rough on curly hair; mine is more wavy than curly but I only shampoo 1-2x a week.

I think they likely just run some gel through her hair and that's it. I wonder if her hair will stay curly? She seems to be the only Duggar God gifted with his preferred hair texture...

Hopefully, they will arrive at the pearly gates, to be greeted by St. Peter and St. Peter will be Liberace or Paul Lynde. :angelic-innocent: :angelic-green: :angelic-pink:

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7

That is actually pretty universal curly hair advice. Brushing my hair is the worst possible thing I can do. It breaks up the curls and makes it frizzy and poofy with no definition. And traditional shampoos can be pretty rough on curly hair; mine is more wavy than curly but I only shampoo 1-2x a week.

I think they likely just run some gel through her hair and that's it. I wonder if her hair will stay curly? She seems to be the only Duggar God gifted with his preferred hair texture...

I haven't used a brush on my hair in years and only use non-sulfate shampoo occasionally. I usually use cleansing conditioner like Deva Curl No-Poo to co-wash and then use Garnier Curl Shape Defining Spray gel after I condition and dry scrunch my curls with an old t-shirt. I use the Garnier because I found some other gels made my hair feel a bit dirty. The Garnier doesn't at all and also doesn't give me that awful crunchy curls look.

Archived