IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

With the way the episode is going I'm predicting the izzy labor/birth part will be a whopping 10 minutes long. This episode should have been 30 minutes.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That crib is just for decoration anyway, I'm guessing. They had a cosleeper/bassinet wheeling around earlier, and the crib is so full of decorative pillows and shit that they wouldn't have room for big ole' DIlly in there.

Hopefully she has enough sense (I know, it's a long shot) to get all the shit out of the crib, including bumpers, before the baby actually starts sleeping in there.

I hope so too as Izzy looks like he'll be growing out of that bassinet soon

I wonder if they always intended to only give 20 minutes to Izzy's labor and birth or if the complications affected what they would air due to Jill not wanting it aired, doctors not allowing it, or them not wanting to show her ignoring medical advice?

So I'm wondering if this episode was had mpre labor footage but they heavily edit it after all the backlash she got.

Joy's face said it all after Derrick said he was going to use the pocket knife to hack off the cord. OMG!

Dear Jill and Derick,

Please clean your fridge. The fingerprints and grime on the outside of the fridge is driving me nuts.

Thank you in advance,

Mecca

Ok this stuff about Derick's dad and the diary entry is kind of making me tear up.. :( That was actually really sweet!

Oh I was going to say something mean about Derrick along the line of "He sure does like letting the show make him out to be an incompetent boob when it come to kids." But then the sad part happened. :|

Forgot to mention ( Or maybe Buzzard said it and I missed it...)

that two of the youngest girls said baby showers were for candy. And throwing up.

These girls party hearty!

Wait, did Derick say heck?? Ohh!

I remember learning that heck actually is a combination of "hell fuck"

I see they skipped Jill going to the chiropractor and Mexican food after her water broke

SHE WAS IN LABOR FOR 20 HOURS POST WATER BREAKING BEFORE THEY CALLED ANYONE!??!!!?! :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

I remember learning that heck actually is a combination of "hell fuck"

Really? I like that word even more now!

What DerickDillard actually said was "hack" as in to "hack off the cord".

Well at least she knows about the infection risk, not that she seems too concerned overall

Shits going DOWN! (part 9)

At Jill's house they're celebrating Derick's birthday. He opens presents from the kids.

He gets a baby owners manual...

Derick - I came from a small family and now everythings bigger!

Next up - diaper changing toolbox.

Derick - of all the gifts from boob the toolbox is the most practical.

Next up - a knife - jill says its to cut the cord. Joy gives him the side eye

Cathy gives him a bag, its his baby pictures and his pistol pete bib. They read a diary entry from 10/5/88 - its his dad's writing. Its very touching, he kicked his hand as he lay beside his mom, it was the first time he felt him kick. Jill cries.

Derick - he's only been gone 7 years but he felt like he was there with him.

Derick could be born on the one year engagement anniversary.

Now its 11 days past due date.

Jill says its 3:43 and her water broke. She's going to bed because she isnt having contractions.

They're going to labor on their own for a while.

17 hours later, the birth pool is in the bedroom

Jill - contractions kicked in very hard.

Derick - Jill took castor oil and things "started moving" and she's had intense contractions.

Jill - This is early labor, if I have to do this for a while longer I'll need help.

Derick calls for help.

20 hours

Michelle, Jana, and a random girl (friend rachel) arrive

After 24 hours things spaced out to 15 minutes apart.

The midwife is there ... since her water "being broke" they'll have to go to the hospital if it continues.

Josh and Anna are there for easter.

48 hours in labor - scene looks just like 24 hours, same robe - same position.

She went to the bathroom and sees meconium staining on her pad. It was "mild" but it wasnt an emergency. Now is the time to go to a hospital and see how things progress.

Meconium staining is not an emergency situation? Any L&D nurses or OB docs around here? 'Cause I thought that was pretty serious.

Where are the midwives from earlier??

No idea. They didn't mind being shown in the planning portion, but maybe they didn't want to be shown when it was a clusterfuck? I doubt they want to be associated with a case of someone still at home 48 hours after their water broke.

Meconium staining is not an emergency situation? Any L&D nurses or OB docs around here? 'Cause I thought that was pretty serious.

It was "mild" whatever the fuck that means :angry-banghead:

What DOES Jill do all day, that she had to have her family come over and put her nursery together that soon before her due date? I had mine done and all shower gifts unpacked, washed, and put away weeks before my LO was born. Not to mention I did it by myself and I worked full time!

Archived