IGNORED

Alecia Faith Pennington on TV!

Howl

I think it's been discussed here before that James Pennington is not just a fundie, but a "sovereign citizen" who believes the law literally does not apply to him. They're classified as a hate group by Southern Poverty Law and a domestic terrorist cell by the FBI. But all that jargon and research doesn't do as much justice to how crazy these people are as reddit can!

Behold: reddit.com/r/amibeingdetained/top

:popcorn2:

According to the Texas birth register, which can be found online and goes through 1997, only Patience Pennington has a birth certificate. Oddly, she is also listed as having been born in Houston, which makes me wonder if there was a medical emergency and she was born in a hospital.

Naturally, both Pennington parents have birth certificates. You can find Lisa as Lisa Southworth, her maiden name, and James as James Sublett.

http://recordspedia.com/Texas/Birth-Rec ... cords/8094

Edited to add, you must search for the Pennington children under Sublett.

Thanks for the research. The TV news story says there are still six Pennington kids who have no birth certificates; the Pennington Point blog boasts nine children. Patience has one; assuming Faith succeeds in getting hers, that adds up to eight. I wonder which kid has fallen through the cracks? What a hot mess those parents are making of their children's lives.

Alan Sears, the President and CEO of Alliance Defending Freedom, looks to be one of the whitest white men alive, nicely barbered, horn rimmed glasses, custom suit, unctuous smile and doesn't appear to be threatening in the least, until you begin reading the web site. You can get the full view here:

http://www.adfmedia.org/files/AlanSears.jpg

Although Alliance Defending Freedom radiates polished mahogany, pedigree and money and the Family Guardian page looks a little rough and the crazy is evident, these folks are exactly on the same page in where they are going. I suspect James Pennington is right in the middle of both of these.

Their offices are in Scottsdale, Arizona, in a soulless office park along the 101 Freeway. I'd picket the place except it's a soulless office park along the 101 Freeway. Not nearly as fun as picketing the Scientology Celebrity Centre in LA. Now that--that's like kicking over a beehive of angry Sea Org members just by showing up and standing on a corner with a sign. And the neighbors love it.

ETA: I suspect that James Pennington, besides being a prepper, is likely also a believer in some aspects of Sovereign Citizen nuttery. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot of hard documentation, but the birth certificate and tax shenanigans lead me to think this is the case.

No ID, no birth certificate, no passport - congratulations, Lisa Pennington: Because you created a situation where your children have no legal documentation of their existence anywhere, your kids are literally 'citizens' of the Fourth World.

There should be massive fines - and by "massive," I think serial offenders should be bankrupted - as well as jail time for failing to register a live birth: In practice, a child without papers has no identity, no citizenship, and no civil rights.

In some places, they have no human rights because they've never officially existed as human.

Alecia, so proud of you!

I feel sorry for the Southworths. Can you imagine trying to clean up this massive mess your daughter and son-in-law created? THOUSANDS of hours dedicated to getting Alecia's documentation. Alecia is fortunate she has a support system, but there has to be so many kids out there that don't have the documentation and don't have the support that have fallen through the cracks.

Archived