IGNORED

Catholic father of 8 killed in a car accident

lilwriter85

There are some Catholic parishes that are sede vacant is (sp?) And aren't in communion with Rome. Also, SGLI only pays when the service member is killed on duty.

Sede vacante (basically "vacant seat") refers to the period when a diocese is without a bishop due to death, resignation or retirement. It is most frequently used in reference to the short periods between popes-- after a death (or last time resignation) and prior to the election of a new pope. Some traditionalist sects use it to identify themselves because they believe there have been no legitimate popes since Vatican II--thus they believe that the whole church is in sede vacante. :roll:

Louisa05 explained it beautifully. Maybe their parish isn't in full communion with Rome

It appears this family's church is in full communion. The church's website says they exist with full permission from the local bishop. There are Catholic churches here and there that offer only the extraordinary form (Latin Mass) with the permission of the local diocese. They are in cities with normal parishes easily available. A rural parish would not be allowed to do so as the parishioners would not have convenient access to a regular mass.

There are some Catholic parishes that are sede vacant is (sp?) And aren't in communion with Rome. Also, SGLI only pays when the service member is killed on duty.

I don't believe that is true. My husband had SGLI as a reservist and it would have paid no matter what he died from or where...the idiot DID NOT continue it after he retired...

http://www.benefits.va.gov/INSURANCE/sg ... rumors.asp

True or False: I'm a Reservist/National Guard member and I heard that my SGLI coverage is only good while I'm at drill.

False: If you are a Reservist or a National Guard member and have been assigned to a unit in which you are scheduled to perform at least 12 periods of inactive duty that is creditable for retirement purposes, full-time SGLI coverage is in effect 365 days of the year. You are also covered for 120 days following separation or release from duty.

Archived