IGNORED

Michaela and Brandon Are Engaged!

frugalitymom

So Kelly Jo posted about a shower on the family's IG. Does that mean the wedding is soon.

instagram.com/p/15Lv4FMbsw/?taken-by=thebatesfam

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Kelly Jo posted about a shower on the family's IG. Does that mean the wedding is soon.

Weddings are never far off when a fundie couple gets engaged. But, for this one, I'd guess it was given by/for friends at the Gothard retreat that they generally only see once a year.

I shouldn't laugh, but ... is one of the participants seriously called Mrs Boring?! This, ladies and gentleman, is surely the worst thing about being a fundie: no matter how awful your husband's surname, you are compelled to adopt it upon marriage.

Have we started discussing any predictions about the details, and not just the timeline? Seems like a given that it'll be within 3 months.

I'm really hoping with Michael's personality that they don't go for 1000 guests and counting, but something much smaller and more intimate. Family and close friends only is probably unrealistic, but maybe within 200-300 people like Zach and Whitney? Something on the simpler side, no long ceremonies and showing off purity and all that crap. Not a huge party, maybe just 2 or 3 sisters and 2 sisters-in-law? Long bridesmaid dresses that Michael sews herself (Cherin's wedding style) but a different color, maybe a pale yellow? Cake and punch reception.

Have we started discussing any predictions about the details, and not just the timeline? Seems like a given that it'll be within 3 months.

I'm really hoping with Michael's personality that they don't go for 1000 guests and counting, but something much smaller and more intimate. Family and close friends only is probably unrealistic, but maybe within 200-300 people like Zach and Whitney? Something on the simpler side, no long ceremonies and showing off purity and all that crap. Not a huge party, maybe just 2 or 3 sisters and 2 sisters-in-law? Long bridesmaid dresses that Michael sews herself (Cherin's wedding style) but a different color, maybe a pale yellow? Cake and punch reception.

I think it will be very large, like all the other weddings. It has to be, given the culture.

It might not be filmed, or at least to the extant that other weddings have been. Probably some, but not a lot of behind the seens stuff.

I agree with you, a small wedding party, with Cherin style dresses Michael sews. I'm seeing bright colors, though. Michael always sewed bright colored dresses for herself and her sisters, so I bet that will stay the same. I'm just hoping it's one color, and not the awful patterns she's chosen in the past.

I hope she doesn't have to sew her own bridesmaids' dresses. Unless she wants to, of course. /flashbacks of CinderJana

I find it interesting that no one has released any details. With the other engagements we knew the wedding date quickly. I hope this is them respecting Michael's wishes and aren't going to do a high publicity wedding. Also I think July is going to be the month because it gives them three months to plan and gives Erin the month of June to have the baby.

I'm wondering if it'll be brown and pink, like the shower. I agree that it'll probably be smaller, given her personality.

I hope she doesn't have to sew her own bridesmaids' dresses. Unless she wants to, of course. /flashbacks of CinderJana

Well, I would hope Erin and Whitney would at least offer to assist her, since she made the bridesmaid dresses for their weddings.

I find it interesting that no one has released any details. With the other engagements we knew the wedding date quickly. I hope this is them respecting Michael's wishes and aren't going to do a high publicity wedding. Also I think July is going to be the month because it gives them three months to plan and gives Erin the month of June to have the baby.

I bet it is, which is why I think, even if it is filmed it won't be as much as others. It's just not Michael's style otherwise.

I think it will be filmed and that's part of the reason for the lack of information. Agree that Michael probably wants small and low-key, but....$$s.

Yeah, they HAVE been asked a number of times on IG when the wedding is. No answer. At all. I figured probably they DO want it to be private, and small. Maybe they're in discussion with the producers about that. But neither of them like the camera on them much; Brandon DID ask them to leave, right? He got surprised, and then said "okay you need to go now". So I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out the date until AFTER the wedding.

A surprise shower was given for Michael and Brandon while we were at the conference in Texas! Thank you Mrs. Perez, Mrs. Boring, and Mrs. Dominguez for all of your hard work and thoughtfulness! Thank you to every one that attended and showered them with love!

Is this Sierra the wedding planner?

The real question is WHY HAVE THEY NOT REGISTERED FOR $50,000 WORTH OF GIFTS YET!? :shock:

Is this Sierra the wedding planner?

Yes. Here she is, front and center and pregnant again, on the Bates' instagram:

instagram.com/p/15Lv4FMbsw/

Burning questions:

1. What do we know about Sierra TWP (the wedding planner)?

Like...Is she fundie herself?

Whose circles does she move in? The Duggars'? The Bates'?

Does she attend the Church of the Blacked-Out Windows (the Duggar warehouse church)?

2. Has anyone from FJ ever intentionally infiltrated the Big Sandy conference?

Do we have any members who are former fundie attendees?

I'm a Christian homeschooler, myself, and even *I* want to know what the heck goes on there.

Burning questions:

1. What do we know about Sierra TWP (the wedding planner)?

Like...Is she fundie herself?

Whose circles does she move in? The Duggars'? The Bates'?

Does she attend the Church of the Blacked-Out Windows (the Duggar warehouse church)?

2. Has anyone from FJ ever intentionally infiltrated the Big Sandy conference?

Do we have any members who are former fundie attendees?

I'm a Christian homeschooler, myself, and even *I* want to know what the heck goes on there.

antwan, there's a thread on Sierra here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25686

The OP, JillyO posted quite a bit of info about Sierra over there.

Tl;dr version: Sierra is 25, married since 19, has 4 kids (and another on the way to make 5 under 6), is a SAHM, has a minister for a hubby, comes from a non fundie family. *per JillyO's post :D

Tl;dr version: Sierra is 25, married since 19, has 4 kids (and another on the way to make 5 under 6), is a SAHM, has a minister for a hubby, comes from a non fundie family. *per JillyO's post :D

Nice summary, DaffyDill. I really should have included a Tl;dr in my original post. :D

I do hope they respect Michael's wishes with regards to privacy and keeping it small (by fundie standards). But since this will be the first wedding of the show, I doubt she'll get away with not having it filmed at all.

jana dodged that bullet.

Am I the only one who wishes that Sierra would stay far far away from this wedding? She's not very good at her job, and IMO the Bates weddings (Erin, Alyssa) have been better than the Duggar weddings. Let her have a cake and punch reception with other appetizers prepared by the church ladies (Erin).

Sierra is in Arkansas. I am not sure where Brandon and Michael are getting married, but I am guessing either in TN or wherever Brandon is from (midwest right?). Sierra would not know local vendors and would have to telecommute for most of the planning. It would not make sense for them to hire her as a wedding planner or for her to even try and get them to hire her.

Besides, I see Michael and Brandon having a very simple, fundie wedding. More fire and brimstone than pinterest.

Brandon is from Michigan, near Lansing I think.

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed because I was dreaming of a Christmastime wedding for Michael-- black velvet & red plaid taffeta & candlelight. But, no way are they waiting till then.

Yes, keep Sierra Mist as far away as possible from the proceedings.

How the heck is Sierra pregnant again?

I swear she was pregnant a year ago during Jill's wedding too.

But congrats for Michaela.

How the heck is Sierra pregnant again?

I swear she was pregnant a year ago during Jill's wedding too.

But congrats for Michaela.

She was pregnant at Jill's wedding. Her daughter (# 4) was born at the beginning of September.

Archived