IGNORED

Michaela and Brandon Are Engaged!

frugalitymom

I am happy for them both. From what I've read it sounds as if this is something Michael has been looking forward to for a long time. It also appears that they've been together a few years and have slightly more relaxed courting rules than the Duggars. I greatly appreciate the fact that he waited to ask until he felt comfortable supporting a wife and children; that can't have been easy for Michael, but I hope she realizes that he has done them both a huge favor in doing so. These reasons, plus the fact that they're both heavily invested in the Gothard movement, makes me certain that they will have a happy life together.*

It sounds like Brandon put a good deal of thought into this proposal. I love the fact that he designed the ring for her - it came out looking very beautiful and she seems to love it. Based strictly off this proposal, I would say that the way he is portrayed on the show may not necessarily be who he truly is.

*Note: By heavily invested in the Gothard movement making them happy together, I mean that they likely share the same values and goals in life. This can make a marriage a bit easier because you don't have to worry about trying to mesh two different worldviews together. It makes me sad that they are so drunk on Kool-Aid, but if they are happy and healthy together that is what counts.

**And on a shallow note, they make a beautiful couple together.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uptv.com/bates/gallery/michaela-gets-engaged

Hope I broke that up correctly

They were close to DC. I felt like I could have visited them, you know, if I knew they were in the area and got advance notice. But, still...

I am sooo happy for them. :clap:

I like to think that Michael is perfectly happy having her engagement announcement overshadowed by a flurry of DuggarBates babies & courtships.

I predict a small (and tasteful, at least by ATI standards) wedding. And tears from little Bates girls.

Considering they've been courting for over 15 months (an eternity in fundie land), I imagine she probably has everything planned by now. I'm guessing they'll get married in Tennessee?

Honeymoon predictions? I can actually see them going on an ATI mission trip, like Pecan & Pris did (I think they went to Romania)

Honeymoon predictions? I can actually see them going on an ATI mission trip, like Pecan & Pris did (I think they went to Romania)

Holy crap, Pecan and Pris went on a mission trip for their honeymoon? :pink-shock: I guess I shouldn't be this surprised. Pecan was probably terrified of having to fulfill his husbandly duties and would have done anything not to be alone with Pris. Not sure how these two ever managed to procreate!

That said, I think Michael and Brandon will be going on a low-key, domestic honeymoon somewhere secluded.

I also get the feeling that Michael & Brandon are frugal. I can see them just enjoying a nice cabin in the Smoky Mountains, or perhaps a honeymoon cottage on Lake Michigan.

Sorry, I stand corrected & am unable to pass the good person test. Pecan N Pris went to the Philippines for their honeymoon, but Pecan did write: "Though the purpose of trip really just to be together, God allowed us to pass out over five hundred tracts."

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/03/17/honeymoon-adventures/

But soon after that, they did go to Romania for a month-long mission.

I'm sorry, I know this is completely off topic, but this photo cracks me up. Talk about awkward kisses:

2ymj2is.jpg

Is that Mr. and Mrs Pecan Thief?

The ring is much nicer from that angle. I can't tell if there are round diamonds in the swirly part or if that's the metal curling. I like that he added the aquamarine stones for her - on that one episode she said she wanted one.

That Pecan picture is ridiculous. It looks like he dropped her and is attempting to get her back up. You're supposed to be holding her up, David, not just lifting her torso while she lies flat...

Yeah, that's from Pecan and Pris's honeymoon. Sorry for derailing the thread. Hopefully we won't be seeing similarly awkward pictures of Michael and Brandon! 8-)

The Pecan picture is ridiculous, but it's nice to see a fundie woman wearing normal board shorts at the beach instead of the horrid Wholesome Wear sack.

I'm sorry, I know this is completely off topic, but this photo cracks me up. Talk about awkward kisses:

2ymj2is.jpg

Holy shit, surprised he didn't break the poor woman!

That photograph makes my back hurt...poor Priss.

2ymj2is.jpg

Wait. He did just save her from drowning, was giving her mouth to mouth to save her and didn't want to lay her on the sand for fear of glass and needles?

I bet they are getting married in June. JN15 could be relating to June 2015...

As for the ring, I don't mind it (not my cup of tea tho).

Those 'squiggly' parts on the sides are ribbons. Not sure if there is any symbolism, but here is an example of the standalone. They come in many colours for many causes.

beverlyhillssilver.com/platinum-plated-simulated-diamonds-ribbon-necklace.html

The Pecan picture is ridiculous, but it's nice to see a fundie woman wearing normal board shorts at the beach instead of the horrid Wholesome Wear sack.

There is NO WAY that Priscilla Keller is wearing board shorts - that is, without a doubt, some sort of sporty skirt. However, I agree 100% that her outfit is better than a wholesome wear suit ;)

I bet they are getting married in June. JN15 could be relating to June 2015...

As for the ring, I don't mind it (not my cup of tea tho).

Those 'squiggly' parts on the sides are ribbons. Not sure if there is any symbolism, but here is an example of the standalone. They come in many colours for many causes.

beverlyhillssilver.com/platinum-plated-simulated-diamonds-ribbon-necklace.html

Although I wouldn't put a two month engagement leading to a June wedding past them, I think the jn15 is referencing the passage John 15 - it's straight from their IG. :)

There is NO WAY that Priscilla Keller is wearing board shorts - that is, without a doubt, some sort of sporty skirt. However, I agree 100% that her outfit is better than a wholesome wear suit ;)

i thought the same... so i had to look further.

post-6504-14452000119491_thumb.jpg

Looking at all their pics, I am pretty sure that they are board shorts--she went snorkeling in them. Meanwhile, back to Brand-el. I did notice a while back that Kelly said in a comment that Michael didn't plan to sew her own wedding dress. I hope she picks something simple that doesn't require a half assed modesty panel.

i thought the same... so i had to look further.

I can just see that starting out as some sort of well-thought out trust fall situation, much to the chagrin of whoever had to take the photo. :(

But...Congratulations & best wishes to Michaela & Brandon!!!

2ymj2is.jpg

Wait, isn't that the shirt Anna was wearing when Josh proposed? (Shameful that I might be right... :embarrassed: )

ETA: Anna's was the same style but pink. Pris wore a pink one (and this orange one) on the honeymoon which I saw by following PP's link to the honeymoon pics. Still shameful that I remember the shirt.

Wait, isn't that the shirt Anna was wearing when Josh proposed? (Shameful that I might be right... :embarrassed: )

ETA: Anna's was the same style but pink. Pris wore a pink one (and this orange one) on the honeymoon which I saw by following PP's link to the honeymoon pics. Still shameful that I remember the shirt.

There is a family picture of the Kellers where the girls - Pris, Suze, and Anna - are all wearing the pink version.

There is a family picture of the Kellers where the girls - Pris, Suze, and Anna - are all wearing the pink version.

Duggars and Kellers, actually. This photo sticks with me, for some reason.

post-10965-14452000122131_thumb.jpg

Christ, that is a metric fuckton of denim skirting in that photo, isn't it?

Archived