IGNORED

Michaela and Brandon Are Engaged!

frugalitymom

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody asked Michael if her wedding will be shown on BuB. She answered "Yes! That's the plan!" So I guess that answers the speculations if maybe, just maybe, they would get to have a somewhat smaller, private wedding.

I think the wedding being broadcast on the show has to do with $$$. If Gil the grifter can get UP to pick up at least some of the costs, he saves $$$. Think about it, of the 3 (soon to be 4) Bates weddings so far, only the girls were shown. Gil didn't need to shop for TV coverage for Zach's because (traditionally) it is not his responsibility.

Somebody asked Michael if her wedding will be shown on BuB. She answered "Yes! That's the plan!" So I guess that answers the speculations if maybe, just maybe, they would get to have a somewhat smaller, private wedding.

Too bad. I hope therefore there isn't too much pressure on them to have it this way or that. Somehow I hope they're able to pull a Ben and Jessa for the first kiss, lol. And, although I'm not in favor of Gil being both father of the bride AND pastor like for Alyssa and John, better than if it were Bill Gothard.......though, of course there would be NO WAY he would allow himself to be shown on TV. I have no doubt that TLC has tried to interview him and got refused in one way or another, but I'm not sure if UP is aware of all that.

Though, wouldn't we all get a fiendish delight in watching THAT footage be exposed? But, for Michaela and Brandon's sake, they don't deserve it being on their wedding day.

I hope if it is filmed, Michael gets paid for it at least. That way she and Brandon can start out with a little bit of a safety net.

Let me guess. Figure 8 couldn't get TLC to bite on Sierra the lousy wedding/event planner so they're going to try it with UP now?

I think the wedding being broadcast on the show has to do with $$$. If Gil the grifter can get UP to pick up at least some of the costs, he saves $$$. Think about it, of the 3 (soon to be 4) Bates weddings so far, only the girls were shown. Gil didn't need to shop for TV coverage for Zach's because (traditionally) it is not his responsibility.

How long before the Bates have a bus and go around the world? Let's hope UP learns from how boring the Duggars are and don't try that. It would, of course, be great for the kids to travel, but to watch it would be boring. I really wish both TLC and UP would give up on scripts and just show what really goes on.

I also wish UP would put the show up somewhere online.

Brandon is from Michigan, near Lansing I think.

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed because I was dreaming of a Christmastime wedding for Michael-- black velvet & red plaid taffeta & candlelight. But, no way are they waiting till then.

Yes, keep Sierra Mist as far away as possible from the proceedings.

Hmmm I live an hour and a half from there and have family that live in that area. If it is there maybe I can wedding crash! 8-) JK they probably have a guest list or something.

Hmmm I live an hour and a half from there and have family that live in that area. If it is there maybe I can wedding crash! 8-) JK they probably have a guest list or something.

You could ask for an invite.

They're getting married in Tennessee: websta.me/p/974127926272222690_1926803992#

Michael and Brandon will live in Michigan(?): websta.me/p/977492743305455386_1926803992

They're getting married in Tennessee: websta.me/p/974127926272222690_1926803992#

Michael and Brandon will live in Michigan(?): websta.me/p/977492743305455386_1926803992

I'm sorry for her little siblings because Michaella is her sister-mum, but I think is great that she can move far and have a new life.

Bates married children are having independent lifes, meanwhile Duggar children are living under their parents umbrella (even Josh, because when he went to DC his parents weren't happy for him).

Good luck to these two. I wish them the best.

You could ask for an invite.

Wasn't Erin's wedding pretty much a free for all (sending 800+ invitations)? And IIRC someone on this site received an email invite to Alyssa's wedding. So if you crashed, I don't think anyone would notice. It's not like it will be a $200 plate 7 course meal.

Wasn't Erin's wedding pretty much a free for all (sending 800+ invitations)? And IIRC someone on this site received an email invite to Alyssa's wedding. So if you crashed, I don't think anyone would notice. It's not like it will be a $200 plate 7 course meal.

I was thinking that now that they have a better show then the first time that they might have some kind of guest list. Didn't Jessa have something like that?

We don't have any solid details. We didn't even get whether they're moving to Chicago or Michigan, but we DO know she's moving away from Tennessee. And clearly they're looking to get married in Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even announce the wedding date, at least not until, maybe a day or two before. Maybe she'll allow Alyssa to post on her IG "going to TN for my sister's wedding" or the like.

HAVE they had wedding crashers at the Bates weddings? I'm pretty sure they can't at the Duggar weddings as they were talking about security guards. Likely they have one checking off names of invited guests at the door. Which, probably ALL celebrities should do at such celebrations.

Or, did any of you ask for a wedding invite, get one, and go?

I think the guest list/crashers etc is how the Duggars got all those 'volunteers' for Jill & Jessa. I'll volunteer to help so I can see the wedding! Pick me! Pick me! (aka leghumpers)

Man I almost hope they move to Michigan. The town where he grew up is 25 minutes from me. This could be a riot.

Kelly has said multiple times that Brandon had, or "hoped to have" a job at the Gothard Headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois.

Man I almost hope they move to Michigan. The town where he grew up is 25 minutes from me. This could be a riot.

Which town is he from?

Which town is he from?

They live in DeWitt and go to church in St. Johns, as far as I can tell. I didn't see anything current that points to DeWitt, but I did find a church bulletin that puts Ma and Pa Keilen in St. Johns this month: stjohnsfbc.com/files/newsletters/newslettermay2015.pdf

We don't have any solid details. We didn't even get whether they're moving to Chicago or Michigan, but we DO know she's moving away from Tennessee. And clearly they're looking to get married in Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even announce the wedding date, at least not until, maybe a day or two before. Maybe she'll allow Alyssa to post on her IG "going to TN for my sister's wedding" or the like.

HAVE they had wedding crashers at the Bates weddings? I'm pretty sure they can't at the Duggar weddings as they were talking about security guards. Likely they have one checking off names of invited guests at the door. Which, probably ALL celebrities should do at such celebrations.

Or, did any of you ask for a wedding invite, get one, and go?

But don't registries have the wedding date on it? Maybe they won't publicize the name of the church (I know they were looking for one) but I doubt a young(er) couple starting out are going to forgo wedding gifts they need to set up a home.

Yes, Erin's wedding was what introduced us to Jill Rodrigues! She was so proud of getting an invite even though she clearly didn't really know them.

Per their instagram:

brandon_michael_jn15@rebecca799 Brandon's current job is in Chicago...at this point we are planning to live there!

Archived