IGNORED

Christian wants atheist registry

doggie

This reminds me of Jack Chick turned upside-down, who claims in his anti-catholic tracts that the Vatican keeps a list of ALL PROTESTANTS so they can be murdered by the inquisition or Jesuits (or both, whatever, he is crazy) as soon as the roman catholic church is reinstituted as the main world power.

I'm sorry, themain world power? I do need to brush up on my history, but really?

How Eurocentric. Way to forget about Islam entirely, plus various ACTUAL COUNTRIES.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Jack Chick is a whole own brand of crazy. He claims that Islam and Communism are conspiracies by the evil RCC to get rid of the TRUE CHRISTIANS .

You can read his tracts free on his website (chick.com), but I would strongly advise against it, not because he's telling ridiculous falsehoods but is spewing hate in incredible amounts.

Chicks ridiculous tracts about the RCC:

http://chick.com/catalog/tractByKeyword ... atholicism

The Alberto-Series,which is even worse:

http://chick.com/catalog/comiclist.asp#alberto

Sorry, this is so off-topic, but I was STRONGLY reminded of it when I read the original posting.

I never understood those folks who want to Christianize the world and force conversions. Should we have another Inquisition? Does it really feel good, does it feel like you have accomplished something, when you force someone to convert because they're afraid not to?

I suspect that those who try to force people to convert have never read the New Testament.

Oh boy, this gives me the shudders... It reminds me of the registration of the jews during ww2.

Yup. Nightmare scenario: the extreme Christian right completely takes over the GOP and gets control of the US political system. Once they pass a law making atheism a crime (it's not unconstitutional because it's not a law against religion but against the absence of religion), this atheist registry will give them a print-out of who to round up.

I'm sure that's in the back of this guys mind. Get the atheists to register now, then you'll have their names and locations when the action starts.

And in return I give you Mojoey

http://mojoey.blogspot.com/p/bad-pastors.html

The Morally Corrupt

This is a alphabetical list of clergy and associates accused of crimes and misdeeds. I update it as often as I can.

Anastasia, Matthew, 2011/06, Unknown Christian, Child molestation

Animodi, Emmanuel, 2011/06, Nondenominational, Sexual Assault

Anthony, Michael Louis, 2010/04, Nondenominational, Convicted of rape

Ashwell, Barry, 2010/09, Catholic, Child molestation

Ates, Jimmy, 2011/03, Baptist, Murder

Baldwin, Irvin “Peteâ€, 2010/08, Unknown, Solicitation of a minor

Bendert, William, 2010/09, Lutheran, Solicitation of a minor

Black, Robert Michael , 2009/04, Baptist, Solicitation

Bolton, John, 2010/08, Baptist, Rape of a teen girl

Brennan, Jennifer, 2009/09, Methodist, Child molestation

Brown, Lawrence, 2010/07, Baptist, Solicitation of an underage girl

Brown, Matthew, 2010/09, Baptist, Lewd messaging

Bullock, Dwight, 2010/03, CME, Child molestation

Burkhalter, Damian, 2011/06, Lutheran, Child molestation

Cabe, William, 2010/08, Baptist, Child molestation

Calhoun, Nathaniel, 2010/09, Nondenominational, Child molestation

Campaner, Renato, 2011/06, CoC, Attempted murder

It's quite a long list. And unlike making a database of those who simply do not believe, this list actually involves crime....

For those who don't know Mojoey, he keeps a running list of pastors and priests arrested for crimes against children.

I sort of laughed when I read the article. But wanting a registry of atheists is sad. Also some atheists don't a lot of people about their non-beliefs.

If he gets his way, first it will be the atheists, then the agnostics, then the secular humanists, then the Catholics and will it ever end. I am sure American Moslems will also be high on their list.

Luckily, most people would find such a list to be a crazy intrusion into people's lifes.

Hard to believe that someone would want to start a boycott against a small business person only because they don't share their faith.

The Duggars do it all the time. Their patronage of Christian businesses excludes atheists, Jews, et al. on principle.

So how would it work for people like us.. my partner is a staunch Atheist... I however, am not. I own my own business that is linked to our home address... so would my good Christian self get my business boycotted cause it's linked to the same address as an atheist?

I'm going to show this article to my partner when he gets home. I think he'll find it more amusing than anything, as he finds everything staunch Christians do amusing.

Only half of your business would be boycotted. Hopefully, not the paying half.

The Duggars do it all the time. Their patronage of Christian businesses excludes atheists, Jews, et al. on principle.

Oh please...first, no (very few) Jews here. Then, no atheist is ever going to flaunt it around here. The Christians all just assume we're back-slidden.

Sometimes I think some of these nutjob-Christians would like to start a new Holocaust against atheists right down to killing us if they could, claiming it's an attempt to get us to repent. I'm not trying to make light of the Holocaust, not at all, but it's hard to overlook how one little wiener man managed to start with a registry for Jews. Who would have thought that it would have gone on as it did? With a Republican candidate who is against non-Christians a hair's breadth from one of the most powerful nations in the world, I can't help but worry. If something like this were to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if there's war right here in America.

All these Christians claiming to be the victims of discrimination by atheists because we don't want to fund their religious displays need to shut the fuck up now.

Well, maybe the boycotting thing all works out in the end. I do not patronize overtly religious businesses. I find it very obnoxious when businesses have some sort of tagline or logo which identifies them as religious. I have also been ripped off by overtly Christian businesses much more than by secular (as far as I know) businesses. The whole "lyin' for Jesus" seems to work well for them.

This is my personal opinion based on my personal experience, of course.

I welcome their boycott and, despite being a Christian, I'd want to be placed on that list. Anyone who would use it is not a customer that I want to deal with.

And, Austin, I've had the same experience with overtly Christian businesses. I'd much prefer people to figure out that I'm a Christian by the way that I run my business, rather than the Bible verses in my Yellow Pages ad.

Well, maybe the boycotting thing all works out in the end. I do not patronize overtly religious businesses.

They CHOOSE to advertise as such instead of being forced to register for boycott purposes.

I avoid the overtly religious businesses also. I feel like they're trying to shove their religion down my throat. I'm more comfortable frequenting businesses owned by people that keep their religious beliefs to themselves.

The link that makes me shudder is even tighter than the Nazi echoes - this is disturbingly similar to the lists of abortion providers' names and addresses that Christian prolife sites have listed in the past, that ended with murders.

This is one of the pages Operation Rescue still has up about Dr. Tiller, who was murdered:

http://www.operationrescue.org/photos/m ... temId=3792

There was a simpler one circulating in email forwards in the late '90s with Dr. Slepian's name crossed off, after he was murdered. I saw it in news reports at the time but it's hard to find stuff that old on the internet - here's a CBS article about it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/10/ ... 0910.shtml

I avoid overtly religious businesses, in part because overtly religious people make me uncomfortable but also because I feel the religiousness is being communicated to imply they are 'better' people- it always ends up feeling like a setup for someone who wants to rip me off. :( Mostly I'm thinking of the fish-symbol-happy auto shops.

I avoid overtly religious businesses, in part because overtly religious people make me uncomfortable but also because I feel the religiousness is being communicated to imply they are 'better' people- it always ends up feeling like a setup for someone who wants to rip me off. :( Mostly I'm thinking of the fish-symbol-happy auto shops.

Hmm makes me think of this: http://jezebel.com/355697/the-secretive ... forever-21

It made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The thing is though, I find that to be offensive. It's not okay to force your religion on someone like that. I'm an atheist and if I had my own clothing store, I wouldn't sign my shopping bags with "Jesus is dead" or "God is evil". That is just disrespectful.

Never knew that about Forever 21. Probably since I'm more than twice 21. Guarantees I'll never be in one, then.

When I went to my regular old State Farm agent to get insurance for my new business, he looked at me and said, in the most smarmy Baptist preacher voice, "So, are ya prayed up?"

I said, "yes" but he didn't like that and after I went on a while about the business he said again, "So, really, are ya prayed up?"

barf.

They CHOOSE to advertise as such instead of being forced to register for boycott purposes.

My first sentence was sarcasm, Elle. Of course, I know they CHOOSE to advertise :roll:

Archived