IGNORED

Christian wants atheist registry

doggie

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-nati ... t-registry

Florida pastor, Michael Stahl has suggested that an organization and website be created that would keep track of known atheists. The website would list by city and state all atheists with their photos and some personal information such as place of business. It would not include a physical address which seems to contradict one of the main purposes of the site.

Pastor Mike compares atheists to “convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc..†He claims that the purpose of this organization/website called, "The Christian National Registry of Atheists" is to inform the public of known atheists so that they can be proselytize to and their businesses can be boycotted.

How would a Christian proselytize to an atheist if the atheist’s physical address is not included? This author speculates that this distinction was made more for legal reasons than for practical reasons. Should an address be supplied by such a website, the organization might be held responsible for any violence that “good Christians†might perpetrate on atheists.

Interesting enough, when Christians come to my door to proselytize, I engage them in conversation and assume they take note of my location because the same groups almost never come back to proselytize to me and my family again. It seems that Pastor Mike just wants to be the next Pastor Terry Jones. This purposed organization/website seems more like a publicity stunt than a serious proposal.

Put Pastor Mike on your “watch list†to see his next stunt proposal. For the record, Pastor Mike has no actual congregation. His “church†is an internet only organization. So I guess any Christian with a website can claim to be a pastor these days.

Thanks to PZ Meyers for the story.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily, most people would find such a list to be a crazy intrusion into people's lifes.

Hard to believe that someone would want to start a boycott against a small business person only because they don't share their faith.

Hell, why not just start a non-Christian registry then? Every person who isn't Christian. If the purpose is to proselytize, why stop at atheists.

God, people are dumb.

Not sure how that one would work. It's not like I'd willingly put my name & picture on a list that is meant to direct people to me to make it easier for them to try to 'convert' me.

But hey, it would be fun to watch him try.

CRAZY.

I'd rather hand with an atheist than a christian. All the atheists I know are the nicest and most generous people I've ever met. They aren't fake.

Oh boy, this gives me the shudders... It reminds me of the registration of the jews during ww2.

QFT. But Pastor Mike and co. would probably be "offended" by the comparison.

I think we should do that to him and freaks like him so we can see them approaching and get our guns out :dance: got to love such fantastic Christians.

Guest Anonymous

QFT. But Pastor Mike and co. would probably be "offended" by the comparison.

We're already offended by him; I say we return the favor.

Holy, that's bucking fonkers. Why don't we have a registry of everyone who likes chocolate ice cream or wears a size eight ladies shoes as well?

Is it just me, or are these people getting even more nuts than usual?

I think it is just the nuts are fall out of the tree more. they have always been there but thy can now shout out to the world how nuts they really are.

A. This is a publicity stunt.

B. I hate this guy.

C. This is where the line between privacy and First Amendment rights tips to privacy rights, IMO. The Supreme Court might not agree with me, but I think that they are incorrect if so.

Photos and info, it's an atheist version of Redwatch! This guy is a bit out of date, no? Also, a wind up merchant ;)

Yes, boycott an atheist's business, but then try to convert him/her. What atheist *wouldn't* be open to such a loving gesture?

Here's one of my favorite parts:

"There was nothing good on TV, except for one movie - Groundhog Day. She didn't know what the movie was about, but it was just starting. She hoped it would be good enough to distract her for a while.

She found herself identifying with the main character of the movie. She saw that he wasn't living up to his potential, just as she wasn't. When the main character became stuck in a loop, she identified with him. That's where she felt she was, right at that moment - stuck in a loop; couldn't go forward, couldn't go backwards. She felt like she had been living the same day, over and over again. It all seemed so superficial, with no real meaning behind it. "

Bill Murray has the power to totally transform lives.

This reminds me of Jack Chick turned upside-down, who claims in his anti-catholic tracts that the Vatican keeps a list of ALL PROTESTANTS so they can be murdered by the inquisition or Jesuits (or both, whatever, he is crazy) as soon as the roman catholic church is reinstituted as the main world power.

So how would it work for people like us.. my partner is a staunch Atheist... I however, am not. I own my own business that is linked to our home address... so would my good Christian self get my business boycotted cause it's linked to the same address as an atheist?

I'm going to show this article to my partner when he gets home. I think he'll find it more amusing than anything, as he finds everything staunch Christians do amusing.

Why not just tattoo a scarlet letter "A" on atheists foreheads?

I have my t-shirt from the OUT Campagine with the big scarlet A - wear it all the time. Now, if someone forced me to wear it everyday as a way to "spot" me; things are going to turn out ugly. What is next? Bar code tattoos so they can swipe us with their I-phones to know if we are "good" or "nike"?

I have to go to yell at something......

:angry-screaming:

So how would it work for people like us.. my partner is a staunch Atheist... I however, am not. I own my own business that is linked to our home address... so would my good Christian self get my business boycotted cause it's linked to the same address as an atheist?

I'm going to show this article to my partner when he gets home. I think he'll find it more amusing than anything, as he finds everything staunch Christians do amusing.

I feel like the guy advocating for this list wouldn't believe that somebody gay would be a good Christian, anyway, so I think he wouldn't care too much about your business being boycotted. Oh, these people. Someday there aren't vicious enough words in the English language to describe them.

Also, what about people who are atheists, but who actively practice religion for reasons unrelated to God (like for community or tradition or because that what they grew up with and therefore enjoy, etc.)? How would the figure into this list?

I never understood those folks who want to Christianize the world and force conversions. Should we have another Inquisition? Does it really feel good, does it feel like you have accomplished something, when you force someone to convert because they're afraid not to?

Archived