IGNORED

What kind of gun is recommended for church?

FundieWatcher

I don't understand the need to bring a gun to church in the first place. Many avid churchgoers are convinced that their morals are superior to those of the masses, so it seems like church should be the last place where a gun is needed. It reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Homer buys a gun and becomes obsessed with it, taking it everywhere and using it to open beer cans.

There needs to be gun control in this country. He could've killed someone. You don't need a gun in church anyway

What kind of gun is recommended for church?

Obviously one should not carry a gun to church, the correct church weapon is a crossbow.

There needs to be gun control in this country. He could've killed someone. You don't need a gun in church anyway

Well, you wouldn't like what they are doing in KS then.

Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback on Thursday signed a bill allowing Kansans to carry concealed weapons without a permit or training starting this summer.

The new law will go into effect on July 1, and will make Kansas the sixth “constitutional carry†state, allowing Kansans 21 and older to carry concealed weapons without a permit, the Kansas City Star reported Thursday.

But Kansans will still have to go through training in order to carry a weapon in any of the 36 states that accept Kansas permits.

Mr. Brownback encouraged carriers to get training saying his youngest son took a hunter safety course this week.

“It was an excellent course. He got a lot out of it. I got a lot out of it. And I want to urge people to take advantage of that,†Mr. Brownback said during a press conference, The Kansas City Start reported.

But Mr. Brownback added that he believes carrying a gun is a constitutional right and should not require a “permission slip from the government.â€

“It is a constitutional right, and we’re removing a barrier to that right,†he said, The Kansas City Star reported.

Some Kansas lawmakers have concerns about the law as well as law enforcement officials.

“That’s a major responsibility to carry a gun, whether it’s concealed or not. And it’s scary,†said state Sen. Oletha Faust Goudeau, a Wichita Democrat. “I predict from the legislation that — and it’s going to go quick, it going to be July 1 — we’re going to see some accidents, possibly deaths.â€

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/4/kansas-approves-concealed-carry-without-a-permit-i/#ixzz3WeC52mXZ

What irks me is that the only thing that was required, really to get a concealed carry permit was that you take a safety class and the state did a background check. They are increasing the background check for Uber drivers in KS while eliminating any background check for concealed carry.

I had been putting off getting a concealed carry permit, because I didnt' think I"d use it much but would have liked to have had it. Now, if I were to want to carry concealled, I'd still want the classes.

And I don't really want to carry...

Having done a lot of time in that area, I will say that there are a lot of guns mostly because people hunt for food. My employer had to put up signs at one point telling people it was illegal to bring guns onto campus, even if you left them in your car.

But that's hunting. No church.

Even if you brought a gun to church, why would you have it out of your pocket? Which I'm assuming this person did because it is stated he tried to hide it in a church program. You wouldn't take it out of your pocket unless you were planning to use it. Oh, and turn on the fuckin safety.

Now for the snarky response: what's the most appropriate fun for church? Why, a pink sparkly one of course. No really, they had those at the gun range my cousin and i visited.

Even if you brought a gun to church, why would you have it out of your pocket? Which I'm assuming this person did because it is stated he tried to hide it in a church program. You wouldn't take it out of your pocket unless you were planning to use it. Oh, and turn on the fuckin safety.

He wasn't reaching for his gun; he was asking Mr. Right to shake with Mr. Left and he mistook the gun for.....

Now for the snarky response: what's the most appropriate fun for church? Why, a pink sparkly one of course. No really, they had those at the gun range my cousin and i visited.

Fun in church? Not in my experience. ;-)

What would Jesus pack?

Anyone who would bring a gun everywhere with them is either paranoid or compensating for something.

He wasn't reaching for his gun; he was asking Mr. Right to shake with Mr. Left and he mistook the gun for.....

Yes, I figured he was stroking his weapon.

Well, you wouldn't like what they are doing in KS then.

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/4/kansas-approves-concealed-carry-without-a-permit-i/#ixzz3WeC52mXZ

What irks me is that the only thing that was required, really to get a concealed carry permit was that you take a safety class and the state did a background check. They are increasing the background check for Uber drivers in KS while eliminating any background check for concealed carry.

I had been putting off getting a concealed carry permit, because I didnt' think I"d use it much but would have liked to have had it. Now, if I were to want to carry concealled, I'd still want the classes.

And I don't really want to carry...

So Kansas, where George Tillman was assassinated, is implementing these new laws? And this cc permit is accepted in 36 other states? This is not a good idea.

OH, the state is still going after "Known associates" of Dr. Tiller.

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-12-02/abo ... tate-board

And a longer fuller story from a while back to show how long this has been going on.

http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/kristin ... id=2691151

:pink-shock: F'ing terrible. And the records they're reviewing are kids from 10-18. TEN YEARS OLD and pregnant, and the far f'ing right thinks that little baby should have had her own little baby. And the state pays to relentlessly persecute and prosecute doctors seeking to protect these kids...outrageous.

I'm confused

Archived