IGNORED

Jill's Neverending Pregnancy Part 6 - Push Jill PUSH

Coconut Flan

They can do a simple birth announcement without pictures or a lot of details and still get paid for it. Celebs do it all the time, announce in their own way and still get a million dollar cover shoot.

Add me to the list of dreams about Jill giving birth. I had my first one last night, except she gave birth to a dog not a baby, at a doctors office, and the dog ran away right after. Derick then left her side for hours to find the dog, brought it back to the room, and Jill was furious and said she did not want the dog. Yep officially gone crazy now. :pull-hair:

K now that's funny, glad I wasn't drinking anything lol

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that, if we remembered all the pain of childbirth that vividly, the human race would have gone extinct already.

All those hormones exist for a reason, I swear it's an evolutionary mercy that the memory of childbirth generally just fades away as you hold the baby and nurse the baby and forget everything else.

And, despite what everybody here wants to speculate, Jill very likely is going to have an easy labor and birth. A high percentage of women do, or else we wouldn't have those UC nutjobbies out there.

I was trying to explain to my huz last night about how the internet is losing it's damn mind over this baby. For a dude, he's relatively well educated about pregnancy and birth, so when I told him she's basically 2 weeks over due - his immediate reaction was: "They must have pushed her due date earlier." I was like "What?! What woman in her right mind would do that?!" (Says the woman who always tells everyone I'm due at least 1 week later than I actually am so no one bothers me with the constant "is the baby here yet?") He says: "It's a brilliant plan! Look at how much attention you and everyone else is paying to them right now."

He's not wrong...at least about all the attention.

I think the best part of this whole thread is all the dreams!!

I think we should have a whole 'nother thread, just for Duggar dreams. We can even help each other 'interpret' them!

If we don't get a photograph of her today, I'll assume she's had Dilly...or has been abducted by aliens. Either way, it'll be over. :shakehead2:

I was trying to explain to my huz last night about how the internet is losing it's damn mind over this baby. For a dude, he's relatively well educated about pregnancy and birth, so when I told him she's basically 2 weeks over due - his immediate reaction was: "They must have pushed her due date earlier." I was like "What?! What woman in her right mind would do that?!" (Says the woman who always tells everyone I'm due at least 1 week later than I actually am so no one bothers me with the constant "is the baby here yet?") He says: "It's a brilliant plan! Look at how much attention you and everyone else is paying to them right now."

Holy...this is genius. This theory would explain things and I would not put it past them to do it for attention.

Holy...this is genius. This theory would explain things and I would not put it past them to do it for attention.

It's a genius theory but I will have to hurt someone if it's true. Come on Jilly Muffin you can push that kid out.

I had the same thought as your husband. I feel like they missed the mark, though, as I'm sick of this whole mess and he's still not here! Or not announced, either way.

Off topic: I live in drought-stricken California and it looks like we might get a touch of rain today, for once. Not enough to make a dent in the drought, of course.

I went to my usual pirated TV sources last night for Outlander, and it wasn't yet available. :(

I had the same thought as your husband. I feel like they missed the mark, though, as I'm sick of this whole mess and he's still not here! Or not announced, either way.

Off topic: I live in drought-stricken California and it looks like we might get a touch of rain today, for once. Not enough to make a dent in the drought, of course.

I went to my usual pirated TV sources last night for Outlander, and it wasn't yet available. :(

Woot! It rained enough here yesterday to make the backyard a bit muddy. My herb garden is happier. :)

Jeebus help me, I just stalked Dan Dillard's instagram account to see if there were any hints there...I need help. :shifty-kitty: Spoiler: There are no hints there. None at all. :penguin-no:

IF she has already had little baby dilly maybe they just want some quiet time as a new family and to give Jill some time to rest up and recover. With my 3rd child my hub and I asked family and friends to hold off visiting for a short time. I worked full time until delivery, had a long labor (for me) and was 43 years old. I needed uninterrupted rest whenever I could get it. When we were ready we contacted people and told them to come on over, anytime, yoo-hoo! Jill has much more to deal with when her birth announcement is made than anyone here has to deal with. Quiet time is good.

Woot! It rained enough here yesterday to make the backyard a bit muddy. My herb garden is happier. :)

We got a smidge yesterday in the morning. It looks like there will be actual, measurable rainfall in my zip code tomorrow. :clap:

Now I think she is waiting till Tuesday to announce. Doesn't People or US Weekly always have a Duggar story on Tuesday to promote the new episode?

Except many (most?) women who go through drug free birth by choice don't walk away from it saying "never again." They forget 99% of the pain the second their baby is in their arms and a few weeks later they're thinking "yep, I could totally do that again." Add religious kool-aid about family size to that and it's extremely unlikely that one rough birth is going to make her flip all of her dearly held views.

That may be true. All I can say is that I went through a drug-free birth by choice, and I did walk away from it saying "never again." And my opinion on that never changed. However, factor in: I was 35 when I had my child, so older than average; I lost a lot of blood during childbirth and I think that contributed to my taking a bit longer to bounce back to normal; and I was a single mom and thus was never able to say to a partner, "would you get up and feed the baby" in the middle of the night, had to keep on going even if I was sick with the flu, and had to return to work once the disability ran out - which as I recall was either at 6 weeks or 8 weeks post-birth. So while I don't physically remember the pain, I mentally remember it was an extremely unpleasant experience.

As to Jill, I have no opinion as to whether she would have given birth and for some reason she and Derrick, or her parents, or TLC, has chosen to keep it hush hush. Seems unlikely to me, but anything is possible. I think she's so steeped in the Kool-aid that even with a difficult birthing experience, she could attribute that to God's payback for Eve having committed original sin, or something other crap like that.

Now I think she is waiting till Tuesday to announce. Doesn't People or US Weekly always have a Duggar story on Tuesday to promote the new episode?

I think you could be right. She could have had the baby over the weekend and is just enjoying her alone time with her family. Once the announcement happens, the media circus begins.

Or Friday, doesn't people come out on Friday? The fact that there was no photograph of Jill on Easter makes me suspicious that they're waiting on the People cover. :disgust:

I live in northern California and we had some rain yesterday morning. Came down pretty good for a short while. I've heard that a storm is coming either tonight or Wed, and I hope that's the case. I also read an article this morning that said 90% of California's water goes to agricultural and dairy farming, so even if every single household cut back on water usage, we'll not make much of a difference. It's the ag and dairy industry that will have to severely cut back on their usage in order to make any real difference, and the odds of that happening without governmental enforcement are (IMO) slim to none.

I live in northern California and we had some rain yesterday morning. Came down pretty good for a short while. I've heard that a storm is coming either tonight or Wed, and I hope that's the case. I also read an article this morning that said 90% of California's water goes to agricultural and dairy farming, so even if every single household cut back on water usage, we'll not make much of a difference. It's the ag and dairy industry that will have to severely cut back on their usage in order to make any real difference, and the odds of that happening without governmental enforcement are (IMO) slim to none.

OT Rant ahead:

I have been fuming about this all week. Residential consumers could cut back to 0% and it still wouldn't matter much. But we don't have the special interest clout that farming does. (and I'm not negating the importance of growing food for the population...but growing crops that defy common sense and the realities of CA climate with subsidized water... :angry-banghead: ) We've cut back our water use a lot, and it wasn't super high to begin with except for laundry, dishwasher and bathing (which are essentials with three kids). I'm pissed about possibly being turned into a criminal overnight via executive order (Jerry Brown) for taking a bath or doing too much laundry.

:pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

I do not believe for one second that she already had the kid and is waiting for the Tuesday people story. This is Jill we're talking about. She's all about ME, ME, ME!! We'll know right away because she'll want the attention.

I do not believe for one second that she already had the kid and is waiting for the Tuesday people story. This is Jill we're talking about. She's all about ME, ME, ME!! We'll know right away because she'll want the attention.

I would think that Jill would be a live-tweet-through-labor type of gal, but it's been so quiet...

I would think that Jill would be a live-tweet-through-labor type of gal, but it's been so quiet...

I don't think she'll live-tweet during labor, and I think any updates we get will be from Derick's twitter and their joint FB page (and subsequently the Duggar Official FB, but I do think the news will come from Derick as her husband before being broadcast by the rest of the family). I suspect she'll eventually post a birth story on the blog on the new DillardFamily website.

Or Friday, doesn't people come out on Friday? The fact that there was no photograph of Jill on Easter makes me suspicious that they're waiting on the People cover. :disgust:

I think it comes out on Wednesday.

I hate gut feelings, and I have had one all day that something is or went wrong.

Unless there really is a $1,000,000 check in the mail. I would be silent too.

Archived