IGNORED

Jill's Neverending Pregnancy Part 6 - Push Jill PUSH

Coconut Flan

That may be true. All I can say is that I went through a drug-free birth by choice, and I did walk away from it saying "never again." And my opinion on that never changed. However, factor in: I was 35 when I had my child, so older than average; I lost a lot of blood during childbirth and I think that contributed to my taking a bit longer to bounce back to normal; and I was a single mom and thus was never able to say to a partner, "would you get up and feed the baby" in the middle of the night, had to keep on going even if I was sick with the flu, and had to return to work once the disability ran out - which as I recall was either at 6 weeks or 8 weeks post-birth. So while I don't physically remember the pain, I mentally remember it was an extremely unpleasant experience.

As to Jill, I have no opinion as to whether she would have given birth and for some reason she and Derrick, or her parents, or TLC, has chosen to keep it hush hush. Seems unlikely to me, but anything is possible. I think she's so steeped in the Kool-aid that even with a difficult birthing experience, she could attribute that to God's payback for Eve having committed original sin, or something other crap like that.

I never forgot my pain, in fact I saw one of the delivery shows with circumstances similar to mine and I started sobbing and turned it off. Son is close to 30 now... it all depends on your situation.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, Dilly? COME OUT! :pull-hair: :pray: :angry-banghead:

Only a few hours left to make your appearance today so I can win the "Guess the Due Date" game... What's the prize again, guys?

One of my college courses that I am taking right now is Intro to Nutrition. We are currently learning about, water, vitamins and minerals. There was a section in the textbook focused on the safety of bottled water. Only bottled water from out of the United States is required by the FDA to undergo the same testing as tap water, brands that carry the FBWA (Federal Bottled Water Association) seal are considered safe.

Really, Dilly? COME OUT! :pull-hair: :pray: :angry-banghead:

Only a few hours left to make your appearance today so I can win the "Guess the Due Date" game... What's the prize again, guys?

Bragging rights until the next blessing Is born

Jill...we need an "I'm in labor!" tweet or something...this pregnancy is quickly losing it's luster. If you don't get to it, we'll all lose interested and Alyssa Bates might very well steal your thunder. :)

....This.

That is the best and creepiest thing ever. I'm only disappointed that J'chelle's face wasn't on the warthog.

Jill...we need an "I'm in labor!" tweet or something...this pregnancy is quickly losing it's luster. If you don't get to it, we'll all lose interested and Alyssa Bates might very well steal your thunder. :)

Tweet that to her. She'll have Dilly in 30 minutes.

I remember the big drought years in the late 80s, early 90s. Nobody got arrested, or probably even fined, for using too much water (water rates probably went up, of course; I don't remember). There was a culture of conservation that encouraged people not to flush if it was just pee. I'm not seeing that this time. :lol:

You make a good point about inappropriate crops. I had wondered about the possibility of improving irrigation practices--I don't know if it's been studied. Also, I have long suspected that US food prices are artificially low due to subsidies and the like. The cost, literally and figuratively, of the water is another factor to consider.

It's simple, So. Calif. has too many people and crops in an area with a climate that cannot supply them with enough water in the long run, period.

The water crisis in California is much more complicated than bottled water companies, irrigated agriculture, oil companies/fracking. Part of the problem is also less precipitation in the past few years than before.

As far as desalination, the cost is much too high to not only build but also desalinate. Then there are the environmental regulations to contend with (disposal of all the salty crap). It's much cheaper to recycle treated sewage. Much cheaper. Although the regulations are probably just as onerous as with desalination.

On topic: I would think if Baby Dilly had been born, TMZ and the like would've reported on it already. Wasn't there a paparazzo at Dill's wedding? I remember seeing a picture of the wedding that had a paparazzi picture feel to it.

Tweet that to her. She'll have Dilly in 30 minutes.

:worship:

YES!!! We need a "Love This!" button.

Well I finally made an Instagram just to follow fundies (Jill and Jessa convienetly come up first when searching) but I can't even figure out how the damn thing works. I'm purposing to upload 500+ pictures of my cat lol :lol:

Sorry if someone already posted this, (40 pages here!) but Dr. Amy "The Sceptical OB" has written a post about Jills overdue midwife-assisted childbirth. Interesting stuff - Jill might want to consider checking into a hospital and being induced sometime soon.

I'm sure someone here has posted this already, but I hope they name the kid Richard Robert because then we could call him Ricky Bobby. :D

Maybe she should bake Dilly Dally a birthday cake. he'll feel bad he's missing the party and make an appearance.

tlsleaze.tumblr.com/post/108686864870

Dying, I'm dying! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Sorry it's OT... Baby Dilly's non-arrival is making me a bit nuts. :embarrassed: )

I bet Jilly Muffin has had the kid but she and Derick have been following this thread and they don't want the fun to end! They want to see what crazy turn the conversation takes next!

We should all start talking about Alyssa and little Allie Jane to get her back on track.

Sorry if someone already posted this, (40 pages here!) but Dr. Amy "The Sceptical OB" has written a post about Jills overdue midwife-assisted childbirth. Interesting stuff - Jill might want to consider checking into a hospital and being induced sometime soon.

I've already mentioned this before, but for those who don't go back and read.... "Dr. Amy" isn't a doctor anymore, she hasn't renewed her license or practiced medicine in years. She is a psycho troll who is obsessed with trying to tell people about how much she hates CPMs and homebirths. She will answer anything in any capacity in any website about how she thinks she has studies to prove her psychotic rantings. Cray-cray to the extreme. Consider your sources, folks.

Let's get creative, What's the next part going to be called ?? Poop or get off the pot... or was that the birth of M2 or M3...

Oh dear Jesus, she hasn't popped that kid out yet? I was really hoping I'd successfully avoided the media frenzy.

I'm starting to actually get fearful for when we DO have an announcement. FJ will go wild. My nerves can't handle it.

The water crisis in California is much more complicated than bottled water companies, irrigated agriculture, oil companies/fracking. Part of the problem is also less precipitation in the past few years than before.

As far as desalination, the cost is much too high to not only build but also desalinate. Then there are the environmental regulations to contend with (disposal of all the salty crap). It's much cheaper to recycle treated sewage. Much cheaper. Although the regulations are probably just as onerous as with desalination.

California actually already has a big desalination plant that came about from their last long, substantial water shortage. They're getting it back into shape now but it won't be ready until 2016, IIRC. And it's true that there are plenty of concerns from different stakeholders, but if this continues much longer, they'll probably use it anyway.

I don't think the water crisis actually is more complicated than all the things you said (+ resident water usage, obviously). California has always had periodic water shortages. It's no surprise, and it is not sudden. They should have plans and infrastructure in place to deal with it, and any local water-heavy industry (bottled water, agriculture, whatever) should be managed with appropriate policy KNOWING that the climate of that area makes water shortages a very relevant concern.

Nobody could ever say they are shocked that California has had a dry period. That's an unbelievable degree of denial from anyone who knows the history of the climate of that region of the US. It's not a matter of if. It's when. Would you move to the Outer Banks and build a house below sea level with no flood insurance? Because that's about how stupid it is that California hasn't prepared better for a water shortage, honestly.

Archived