IGNORED

Jill's Neverending Pregnancy Part 6 - Push Jill PUSH

Coconut Flan

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already mentioned this before, but for those who don't go back and read.... "Dr. Amy" isn't a doctor anymore, she hasn't renewed her license or practiced medicine in years. She is a psycho troll who is obsessed with trying to tell people about how much she hates CPMs and homebirths. She will answer anything in any capacity in any website about how she thinks she has studies to prove her psychotic rantings. Cray-cray to the extreme. Consider your sources, folks.

Well, as I read it, once you have completed your education, received your degree, you are a doctor. I don't think retiring from active practice removes the title "Dr." Also, having been a clinical instructor at Harvard might give her a little credibility as well.

She may hate the CPM designation but her reasons are valid. Lack of education and experience. She's just as entitled to post her opinions in the comment sections of websites as anyone else. It is always good to have differing viewpoints on any topic, that gives balance to an article.

Jill...we need an "I'm in labor!" tweet or something...this pregnancy is quickly losing it's luster. If you don't get to it, we'll all lose interested and Alyssa Bates might very well steal your thunder. :)

What if they deliver on the same day? Does the cutest baby win?

I'm honestly over the Jill pregnancy now. I'll be choked if this child showes up while I'm at work and can't get on FJ tomorrow! Guaranteed I'll be checking at every stop lol

Sorry if someone already posted this, (40 pages here!) but Dr. Amy "The Sceptical OB" has written a post about Jills overdue midwife-assisted childbirth. Interesting stuff - Jill might want to consider checking into a hospital and being induced sometime soon.

Yes, I'm sure she hasn't talked about induction with her midwives at all and will now do so thanks to earth shattering revelations courtesy of a former MD who runs a few anti-homebirth blogs.

:roll:

I've already mentioned this before, but for those who don't go back and read.... "Dr. Amy" isn't a doctor anymore, she hasn't renewed her license or practiced medicine in years. She is a psycho troll who is obsessed with trying to tell people about how much she hates CPMs and homebirths. She will answer anything in any capacity in any website about how she thinks she has studies to prove her psychotic rantings. Cray-cray to the extreme. Consider your sources, folks.

:text-yeahthat:

I posted this about "Dr. Amy" (yep, Skeptical OB and Hurt by Homebirth are run by the same person with a very biased agenda) back in Part 2 or 3. http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... home_.html

Don't want to hijack totally on homebirth because it's been done to death and also it's bad for my blood pressure at this point (pregnant, planning a homebirth, yes I've got a back up plan)...but for people who don't know, yes, you should consider your sources, and at least don't get all your info on birthing decisions and birth issues from the Dr. Amy.

Let's get creative, What's the next part going to be called ?? Poop or get off the pot... or was that the birth of M2 or M3...

I think Part 7 should be called FREE DILLY.

But maybe she's in labor, because they're silent.

Of course, I thought that yesterday, too. Or was it last week? All running together now...

I think Part 7 should be called FREE DILLY.

But maybe she's in labor, because they're silent.

Of course, I thought that yesterday, too. Or was it last week? All running together now...

At this point it's all a blur.

Well, as I read it, once you have completed your education, received your degree, you are a doctor. I don't think retiring from active practice removes the title "Dr." Also, having been a clinical instructor at Harvard might give her a little credibility as well.

She may hate the CPM designation but her reasons are valid. Lack of education and experience. She's just as entitled to post her opinions in the comment sections of websites as anyone else. It is always good to have differing viewpoints on any topic, that gives balance to an article.

I find it best to ignore people who's only way to refute what is said is to use the tone argument. Notice how the arguments against Dr. Amy are about how she's "psychotic" and "ranting" and a "troll." Never any facts to refute her claims. That tells you everything you need to know.

I don't think that Jill is an "it's all about me" type of girl. I think that's a charicature that's been painted of her on this website, but I don't think its reality. Jill is by far the least vocal "I told people I'm pregnant" woman I've followed on social media. There have been very few pictures of her belly, almost no comparisons of her baby to food, no random articles about pregnancy or being a parent she found while searching the web, no displays of the nursery, etc.

Hell, even compared to Alyssa, she's quiet and not seeking attention. I didn't follow Whitney so I don't know how she was during her pregnancy, and I think the only reason Erin hasn't been posting at least as much as Jill is because of the miscarriages.

The only place she has gotten more attention than the Bates girls is via the actual media. But the Duggass are a lot more famous than the Bates will ever be. If the Bates family had gotten the specials and TV shows first, Jill's pregnancy would have barely been covered by the media. It's hardly Jill's fault her parents started this circus train.

That said, I'm sure we will know right away that the baby has been born. People will post a short blurb before the real story is released, just as they did for the courtships, engagements, weddings, and pregnancy announcements. If there is no published news, I doubt there is any news to be had.

The type of people who bad-mouth Jill for being annoying are generalizing based off stereotypes. I was in that camp till recently--I was annoyed by Jill until someone here pointed out that she is one of the more genuine, caring Duggars. I think she deserves that acknowledgement at least. The anti-Jill hivemind isn't giving her a fair shake IMO.

Yeah, goody-two-shoes people might not be relatable, but Jill isn't wicked, snarky, or politically provocative like Jessa or Anna can be.

Amy actively pounds on the DOCTOR part to try making her seem more credible and knowledgeable than anyone who hasn't been to medical school. I've watched her shred doctors who are current practicing doctors.

She doesn't just dislike midwives. She is obsessed with slamming everything about them to a seriously psychotic degree. Someone can start out as a sane, rational professional, and then start going insane. I'm not calling her psychotic and possibly insane off the cuff. I genuinely think she is. ACOG doesn't exactly favor midwifery either, but even they won't associate with her. That should tell you something.

No matter how much you try to refute her, she won't listen, which is why most currently-practicing doctors won't even try. If you claim that X is dangerous, it shouldn't be on other people to prove you wrong if you haven't been able to prove your own claim is right.

Also love how her sources on her blog are almost always other posts on her blog. "I say A. Now I say B, and my source is from when I said A. And I know because I am a doctor and will make sure you think I'm up to date and will yell at you if you say otherwise because I am DOCTOR Amy and you're just an idiot." Citing your own blog as your evidence doesn't count.

I am getting worried about all of this. I'm worried Jill backed herself into a corner where she might feel like she absolutely has to have a homebirth no matter what since she's talked about it and talked about it and if she has a c-section now, that can limit her family size in the future. By the time Michelle came into the spotlight, she already had hospital births. Jill hasn't, and she has a sister-in-law who's had 3 homebirths. I hope she isn't even subconsciously trying to show anybody up.

I think you could be right. She could have had the baby over the weekend and is just enjoying her alone time with her family. Once the announcement happens, the media circus begins.

ok this I agree with - they might announce on Tuesday after the gender reveal

it could happen

I saw a BULL and a cows today so it could happen

I am getting worried about all of this. I'm worried Jill backed herself into a corner where she might feel like she absolutely has to have a homebirth no matter what since she's talked about it and talked about it and if she has a c-section now, that can limit her family size in the future. By the time Michelle came into the spotlight, she already had hospital births. Jill hasn't, and she has a sister-in-law who's had 3 homebirths. I hope she isn't even subconsciously trying to show anybody up.

I share your concern. That's a big baby, and it's her first pregnancy, and she's overdue. I really think she may require medical intervention during delivery, but the fact that she's a Duggar and has been so outspoken about her pregnancy/birth beliefs really kind of puts a lot of pressure and attention on her.

Farmers and farming aren't the problem. Farms are largely required to use water from their site because they are the last ones to have water delivered to them.

No, California's biggest problems are: over consentrations of populations, irresponsible expansion of cities into open spaces, the practs of growing out rather than up, deforestation, and water bottling companies.

In fact, thee easiest way to conserve water in California is to stop water bottling companies from using California reservoirs. For instance, one of Nestle's bottling plants gets its water from the Sacramento reservoirs and, while everyone else was asked to ration last year, they haven't had to change their production. The Nestle bottling company continues to take 80 million gallons of water a year form the reservoir.

As of 2008, there were over 100 water bottling companies in CA. Assuming every one of those 100 only takes 40 million gallons (half what Nestle's Sacramento location uses), that's 4 billion gallons of water every year.

According to this claim, fracking uses 730 million gallons a year, which is significantly less than what is lost to water bottling.

It isn't that simple. Agriculture is still a huge culprit.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/fuels/lcfs/workgr ... hanson.pdf

Almond farming alone takes up 10% of CA's freshwater reserves, with animal agriculture obscuring most other sources at 30%. Not to mention, CA exports fresh alfalfa, which is basically like throwing away water.

still no news - i think they had it

She could be in labor...she could have been in labor since yesterday and just be having a really long labor.

Mine were all under 14 hours, but several friends + sister and mom all had first labors that were well above 30 hours. I do not know how they did it...but it's not uncommon, right? I hope for Jill's sake that her labor isn't that long, but that might explain the radio silence.

As for homebirth pressure - this is her first baby and with her mother having had homebirths, I'm guessing that she will not hesitate to transfer to the hospital if complications arise. Someone else said it earlier - she cares about this baby far more than any of us, I don't think she'll risk it's life just to one-up Anna, or to prove a point about homebirth,

I think it's possible that Jill could have had the baby by now and is simply choosing to keep it quiet in order to fit in with a schedule. But at the same time, I have a hard time believing that someone wouldn't have leaked the news by now, home birth, hospital birth, or born in a vehicle on the way.

Many bits of Duggar news get leaked before they are officially announced, so until we hear otherwise, I'm in the camp that still thinks she's still pregnant (or in labor) and running late with little Dilly.

Okay so raise your raise your right hand if you'll care as much about her second pregnancy :lol: After this I feel like it'll be all eyes on Jessa

I think it's possible that Jill could have had the baby by now and is simply choosing to keep it quiet in order to fit in with a schedule. But at the same time, I have a hard time believing that someone wouldn't have leaked the news by now, home birth, hospital birth, or born in a vehicle on the way.

Many bits of Duggar news get leaked before they are officially announced, so until we hear otherwise, I'm in the camp that still thinks she's still pregnant (or in labor) and running late with little Dilly.

what about all these people who always watch the house

have they seen something in the last couple of days ?

Sorry if someone already posted this, (40 pages here!) but Dr. Amy "The Sceptical OB" has written a post about Jills overdue midwife-assisted childbirth. Interesting stuff - Jill might want to consider checking into a hospital and being induced sometime soon.

It has been posted a couple of pages back. Very interesting and informative.

I wonder about that. Last I heard, an ambulance went out there, but Jill didn't leave in it. I'd love to hear from anyone local who drives by regularly.

Okay so raise your raise your right hand if you'll care as much about her second pregnancy :lol: After this I feel like it'll be all eyes on Jessa

I will care if she announces again In June - but then I won't care until the last month and so on and so

none of this chalkboard crap :D

as for Jessa - I will wait and see - she just might pop it out one day and say here to Ben and they post a picture that way - because I am beginning to doubt she would show us the pee stick like Derick and Jill did- i doubt she would show us a bump picture every week - I think at the most she would post a picture of Ben wearing a hat saying I am going to be a dad - the day after his 20th birthday

this labour stuff for Jill is a joke

what about all these people who always watch the house

have they seen something in the last couple of days ?

Yeah, I'd be surprised if she had a hospital birth without a paparazzo (or at least a person who wanted to make a buck with her cell phone) grabbing a photograph. So I think I'm coming down on the 'in labor' side of things, and that's why they've been so quiet on social media.

I wonder about that. Last I heard, an ambulance went out there, but Jill didn't leave in it. I'd love to hear from anyone local who drives by regularly.

OK i confess - me to

so far TLC nada

Yeah, I'd be surprised if she had a hospital birth without a paparazzo (or at least a person who wanted to make a buck with her cell phone) grabbing a photograph. So I think I'm coming down on the 'in labor' side of things, and that's why they've been so quiet on social media.

and tmz has nothing

Archived