myblessedhome.blogspot.com/2011/08/when-mist-clears-clarity-appears_882.html

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, lordy. This is priceless:

myblessedhome.blogspot.com/2011/08/when-mist-clears-clarity-appears_882.html

broke it

ETA: I read it. :laughing-rollingred:

SHOW NOT TELL. Are there any actual conversations or descriptions in this?

And, Barry sounds like a total idiot. Misty would be well rid if you ask me. If your husband has emptied your bank account buying "men's magazines" it's time to look up divorce lawyers and polish your CV, because being more submissive won't make THAT problem go away.

If you're a Candy follower at all, it's all the more hilarious. She's used all the subtleness of a sledgehammer to stick in all of her personal credo points. Clearly Misty is HELL-BOUND.

1. Eating sugary donuts and cola late at night BY HERSELF? Check.

2. Going out with the ladies? Check.

3. Not having a by-the-minute home management binder? Check.

Also, Misty apparently has the clothing tasted of a 1980's streetwalker. Sequined mini-skirt and tank top with bling: the path to Satan's doorway is getting closer every minute.

Who would call a child Clarity Misty? Were there serious drugs involved? Does she have a brother called Dark Light and a sister called Dry Wet?

Seriously? There are people reading that and 'riveted' (so say the comments).

My 10 year old god-son could write a better story. In fact, he has.

If anyone wants to believe that a decent grammatical education isn't necessary they need only read these 'installments'.

Candy is what happens when education is not given the importance in life it needs.

It's pretty autobiographical, in both the main character and the grocery store inspiration. She is as transparent as my window.

I've only read the first installment, and I don't know if I can continue. I'm actually embarrassed for her. And who are all these people telling her how good her stories are and they can't wait for more? Are they just trying to be nice?

eta--puncuation

Oh, I am so glad we are discussing this! I've been following the story as well. Yes, this is one of the worst pieces of writing I have encountered in a long time. It reminds me of Ayn Rand, but not as subtle. And the whole Misty's wardrobe situation? I'm guessing that it's what the "worldly" women were wearing when Candy embraced fundyism.

Why am I always surprised when these bloggers write "fictionals" that are such utter tripe? And why am I so surprised that just being able to write some kind of story inspires such awe in their followers? And is there any hope for humanity? LOL, not really thinking that last one, but it sure is depressing to read all those gushing comments.

Oh, I am so glad we are discussing this! I've been following the story as well. Yes, this is one of the worst pieces of writing I have encountered in a long time. It reminds me of Ayn Rand, but not as subtle. And the whole Misty's wardrobe situation? I'm guessing that it's what the "worldly" women were wearing when Candy embraced fundyism.

MonkeyMomma, my shameful secret is I actually like Ayn Rand ;) Mentioning her and Candy in the same breath is cruel, at least Rand bothered to write dialogue (and I stand by my conviction that We The Living is actually good).

Oh yeah, and describe her characters. I still have no clue what Misty looks like except she was overweight then amazingly stopped being. As for Barry, I was just reading a blog where that was a contemptuous nickname for Barack Obama, so that is how I picture him... ;)

MonkeyMomma, my shameful secret is I actually like Ayn Rand ;) Mentioning her and Candy in the same breath is cruel, at least Rand bothered to write dialogue (and I stand by my conviction that We The Living is actually good).

Oh yeah, and describe her characters. I still have no clue what Misty looks like except she was overweight then amazingly stopped being. As for Barry, I was just reading a blog where that was a contemptuous nickname for Barack Obama, so that is how I picture him... ;)

Candy just read Atlas Shrugged, or so she claims. You should find her 'review' of it. I use the word review lightly; very lightly. It will give more credence to the concept that Candy and Ayn Rand have no place in the same breath.

Candy just read Atlas Shrugged, or so she claims. You should find her 'review' of it. I use the word review lightly; very lightly. It will give more credence to the concept that Candy and Ayn Rand have no place in the same breath.

Ewww, lets not put Atlas Shrugged in the same sentence as Candy!! Atlas Shrugged was my favorite book for years and my oldest son was very close to being named Rearden...

How old is she, 13? She certainly writes like a 13 year old. Oh and the grammar.... SOTDRT at its finest.

OH GOD I JUST SAW IT

What. Seriously what. The "contradictions" are nothing to do with religion as the briefest of readings of the book would show. She is honestly reading and comprehending at a 12 yo level.

I don't know her background. Is this SOTDRT or just intellectual laziness?

And why can fundies never read anything they disagree with? I strongly disagree with Ayn Rand. I would, I'm a Marxist. Doesn't stop me from reading her work, hell, I read Sarah Palin's autobiography, Ann Coulter, Free Republic etc...fundies are weird. They seem to want to live in a bubble floating above messy humanity.

OH GOD I JUST SAW IT

What. Seriously what. The "contradictions" are nothing to do with religion as the briefest of readings of the book would show. She is honestly reading and comprehending at a 12 yo level.

I don't know her background. Is this SOTDRT or just intellectual laziness?

And why can fundies never read anything they disagree with? I strongly disagree with Ayn Rand. I would, I'm a Marxist. Doesn't stop me from reading her work, hell, I read Sarah Palin's autobiography, Ann Coulter, Free Republic etc...fundies are weird. They seem to want to live in a bubble floating above messy humanity.

A combination. She claims to have homeschooled herself for high school. She is also one of the most willfully ignorant people I've ever had the displeasure of coming across, and you know that's saying a lot given the predominance of chosen ignorance in fundie land.

She's also claimed that MENSA came knocking on her door of their own accord because somehow they became aware of her genius sometime after she read the KJV bible and her IQ shot through the roof.

I used to read Candy often when I wanted a break from reality, then a couple of years ago just couldn't do it anymore. I read now when she comes up here. Nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing.

Ewww, lets not put Atlas Shrugged in the same sentence as Candy!! Atlas Shrugged was my favorite book for years and my oldest son was very close to being named Rearden...

Sorry for the multiple quotes, on my phone! But Rearden would be a cool name, though there are issues there ;)

I reread Atlas Shrugged on a regular basis because like all the best propaganda, it is captivating :) It's not well written though. She was obviously a talented writer ( We The Living shows that, as does The Fountainhead to a lesser extent) but she was also capable of monumental fuckups (Anthem, which was not only shit but cost me too much as I bought it abroad, LOL) Atlas Shrugged sits somewhere between the two extremes. Some of the setpieces are great. Galt's speech, nightmare. Villains with no depth at all (her abandonment of a Taganov style character in her later books, which was done for ideological reasons, was a major flaw IMO)...

Aargh, OT! Sorry!

Jesusfightclub, that is exactly why my husband refused to go with Rearden- REAR END for his first born son!!! In the homeschool world, that would be a normal name compared to some of the name I know. I still like it, maybe my next pet will get that name.

She's also claimed that MENSA came knocking on her door of their own accord because somehow they became aware of her genius sometime after she read the KJV bible and her IQ shot through the roof.

I used to read Candy often when I wanted a break from reality, then a couple of years ago just couldn't do it anymore. I read now when she comes up here. Nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing.

Whaaa?

Mensa don't come knocking. You go to them, take a test and if you pass you become a member.

Fundiefan, thanks for that. If Mensa ever did knock at her door it would be to say "Never even attempt to join. You're pretty thick."

Jesusfightclub, that is exactly why my husband refused to go with Rearden- REAR END for his first born son!!! In the homeschool world, that would be a normal name compared to some of the name I know. I still like it, maybe my next pet will get that name.

Aha clibbyjo, that was totally the issue I was thinking of! *blush* I am, evidently, a 12 year old boy....

This is pretty great.

When Misty's eyes fluttered open the next morning, it seemed more than just her physical eyes were observing things.

Misty was unsure of what it was she was seeking, herself. It was like she was surrounded by a mist, skewing the view of what it was she couldn't get a grasp on. As this thought came to mind, Misty found it perfect that she went by the name "Misty." Isn't that fitting, she thought to herself.

And some from Taryn, because who can resist:

I recently read, Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury-the anniversary edition with an interview with the author included after the afterword. I'll never look at tv the same way again. Spanking is mentioned(page 30). Reading this brought to mind a few things in the novel. Children in school, then watching tv after school is mentioned on page 96. The novel mentions the Bible but I think it's left out of the movie,if I remember correctly. I enjoyed grocery shopping with my children. Last night I was in a grocery store with my third granddaughter-18 months old. People fussed over her down almost every aisle. I have to admit that I make racecar(palindrome) noises when I have the cart or stroller at first.

I know. Whenever there is a bad character on tv they are wearing a cross or have one on the wall of their home. Or they have one of those Warner Sallman images of a long-haired Jesus(I Cor. 11:14 KJ says it's a shame for men to have long hair) hanging on the wall. Our house does not have any symbols and our Conservative Baptist church only has a cross-inside. There is a church nearby that doesn't have any symbols(no flags inside,etc.) and you do not see any cars with a "Christian" fish in the parking lot. Except for the wedding ring I never wore any jewelry(I wore mascara on my top lashes-as does my daughter).

Archived