IGNORED

Boy gets raped by his teacher @ Maranantha Baptist School

theresa

I am not saying just because of legal consequences. I am also saying that this mother supposedly wrote a book complete with her own illustrations of the abuse her sons allegedly suffered. I am saying she has been conducting what might be a smear campaign, and that the teacher had to get an RO suggests the teacher felt threatened.

I am saying, before you go around accusing by writing a book and drumming up social media, you file charges or you provide proof - not go on social media to try to find someone who will corroborate your story because you actually don't have any proof.

The father was involved in all that stuff with the kid at Maranatha and he is not coming forward and supporting this, so why?

I have reservations, I don't blindly assume the mother is honest or truthful or even sane or competent.

She has upped the ante here lately because her son went to jail for violating the RO.

My response was to PurpleSheepleEater and not you. I am not blindly assuming anything. I'm just saying that there being no legal case does not "tell us everything we need to know," as was stated. Has a defamation case been filed? If not, why not? Does that mean that there is no defamation? Of course not. It just means there's been no case.

What this thread points out to me is that justice delayed is justice denied. Statutes of limitation come into play, time takes the bite out of a story -- "If that is true, why didn't they do anything back then?"

I think what I take from this story is to push hard to get everything documented, prosecuted and punished in these situations. Years later it may not even be possible to do anything

My response was to PurpleSheepleEater and not you. I am not blindly assuming anything. I'm just saying that there being no legal case does not "tell us everything we need to know," as was stated. Has a defamation case been filed? If not, why not? Does that mean that there is no defamation? Of course not. It just means there's been no case.

First, I understand what you are saying.

Second - just to be clear - I personally do not believe that lack of legal action = it never happened. I don't understand, but it does not = never happened. My personal thought is that something is "off" about this whole story. I'm not completely sure what, and I really can't even debate it (sorry), but something doesn't ring true to me.

I know I have mentioned this before but I was falsely accused of sexual harassment by someone who worked for me. He out and out lied.

Many of my co-workers and superiors were questioned which ruined my credibility because they were never told that the accuser lied.

I don't always take this kind of stuff at face value. It is so easy to lie about this kind of stuff.

Makes me wonder what we are missing - especially since the accuser in this situation violated a restraining order.

Also, it seems the mother is trying to profit from her grown sons terrible experiences. As a Mom that is the last thing I'd do. I'd have them in counseling as children to help them.

Here's a public facebook post from Scott's facebook page explaining a bit more of the restraining order by his mother Nancy.

"I need FB friends!! Many of you in Watertown WI and our nation of America know me as an artist from my years of traveling and doing art shows nationwide. My son Scott Bicknell, who was sexually abused by his teacher when he was 16 at Maranatha Academy, is looking at 3-5 years in prison after contacting a school district where the teacher sexual abuser's husband is a head leader and received a restraining order. Many people turned up for the court including the teacher to watch Scott get his OR and they requested Scott's freedom of speech rights be taken from him. The judge took no witnesses and also read an emotion filled letter Scott had written to the judge about the teacher who sexually abused him and Marantha expelling him and never reporting the teacher who flew away freeeeeeeee as a bird. with no record to keep her from teaching again. We are not using names. Scott violated the restraining order by contacting them again concerning his feelings about the teacher being in court and he was not warned. Now we needed Maranatha to tell the courts what happened to Scott at their academy when Scott was 16 , but they will not.I sent two messengers, a Maranatha teacher and a local IFB Pastor in to the MBU administration to get the truth and they reported back to me the truth

that the married teacher admitted to dating and kissing her 16 year old student, Scott Bicknell.

That truth that Maranatha continued the abuse by expekking Scott Bicknell from the Academy.

The truth that Maranatha never reported the teacher and she was let go to teach again if she chose.|

When I asked the messenger and Scott asked MBU for statement we were told that the meeting was confidential and no one could speak about it.......How could that meeting be confidential and all the records if the mesenger came back to the church and told me? Anyway Scott could not get the main charges droppped as the pro bono defense attorney said Scott's story was a fantasy about the teacher and a long saga. I need more friends to support me..PLEASE also friend Scott Bicknell. I lost my best friend, the teacher and my messenger to Marantha today and I am very sad. She chose Maranatha Baptist University...and I forgive her."

I really don't sense anything off in this at all (other than misspelled words). I just see a guilt ridden mother trying to make things right for her son. Knowing that she didn't do the right thing back when it happened. It cost her a lot in her life. But in their world, ministry and outward holy appearances are above people. I've been on many facebook groups with her and I have never heard her trying to sell anything. I believe she is genuine. She has talked about how she also participated in shunning when part of the IFB and bought into their system. There seems to be a lot of abuse survivors coming out of the woodwork these days. I'm so glad they are because it sends out a warning to others going down that same road. Do not cover up sexual abuse, report it no matter what. Expose those bastards!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who suspects something that's not quite right here. And if it's the son who was abused that's trying to drum up support around the Internet, why are we only hearing about it via someone else? If I was that invested in this, as the facebook posts (et al) seem to indicate, wouldn't you personally be the one coming in to (supposedly) back up your story? Especially if you were still on about it decades later?

And I concur about the mother's book. Just none of this feels right to me.

I agree that abuse does happen. Counseling is a good thing to help abuse survivors.

On the other side of the coin, people do lie about abuse too.

I don't take these kids of accusations lightly, nor do I believe everything posted on the internet.

The restraining order thing, to me, kind of throws a wrench in his story. As does saying that his rights to free speech were violated. 3-5 years in jail for violating a restraining order? 3-5 years is not a common sentence for this crime in my neck of the woods.

Mom sending messengers to her school administration sounds pretty fishy, too. THis is a now grown man. Mom is now sending people to the teachers job? 15 years after the supposed incident?

I do think the male (and perhaps Mom, too) in this situation would benefit from counseling.

ETA: I just went to the linked website to read. She is saying that both of her sons were molested at this school! Both!?! She also doesn't remember the exact ages because of a house fire. That doesn't make sense.

My daughter was 2 years old when a girlfriend of my ex-husband pinched her hard enough on her ear to leave a bruise. I remember that exact outfit she was wearing when he brought her home. I remember everything about that Sunday evening. I definitely remember calling him on the carpet for it that evening, I remember taking pictures, taking her to the doctor, and reporting it to CPS. I remember standing on the deck outside of my home when he brought her home with her tiny ear bruised. That was 8 years ago and the last time I let her go to his home when he lived with that particular woman.

It may tell us several things.

It may tell us that there wasn't enough evidence to press charges or wasn't enough evidence to win the case. It may tell us that they dilly dallied until the statute of limitations passed (unlikely -- but possible). It may tell us that the victims may not have been willing to press charges or proceed with the case.

What it does not tell us is that nothing ever happened. If that was the case, then there are a whole lot of rape survivors who'd be thoroughly surprised to hear that they weren't actually raped since there was never a legal case against their rapist.

I have no idea whether this happened or not or whether it was blown out of proportion (maybe inappropriate contact occurred but it wasn't to the degree of rape), but I do bristle at the idea that we assume victims are lying if the abusers never faced legal consequences.

I'm not saying rape does not occur without a legal case, that's not what I meant. What I was trying to say is that if you are going to scream from roof tops about something over and over again for years you may want to put some action to that and contact people who can actually do something about the wrong that was done. I do not understand why they are going about things the way they are except to garner pity from their supporters. Nothing is going to be righted and justice will not be served if they don't take some sort of legal avenue.

Archived