IGNORED

Taylor Egly

BeccaGrim

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know who Taylor Egly is? I see the Duggars are following him on twitter.

Link to his Twitter?

He could be courting one of them.

Or he's another failed candidate for them to support.

tayloregly.com/

Maybe both!

:nenner:

twitter.com/TaylorEgly/status/566314406112292865

Seems he was single as of Valentine's Day.

UNLESS IT'S A RUSE.

Cute? Check

Educated? Check, and at a Christian college no less

Political aspiractions? Check, ran for his state's congress.

Extremely conservative views? Check.

He's a fundie girl, and more importantly her dad's, dream.

I'm sure Jim Bib's salivating over this guy like the last piece of tater tot casserole. I hope this isn't his match for Jana (really and of the girls, but especially her) this kid really does come off as douchey and needs a wife similar to him that likes the spotlight. Jana does not seem like she cares for that at all in her life.

I bet pegbundy is right. Hopefully he's my gunning for matching Jana with him but I see that as more likely than jinger.

I'm betting on Jinger. They're never going to let Jana go. Not til Joise goes a 'courting.

"As an intern at Campus Reform, Taylor exposes liberal bias and abuse on America's college campuses. As the former state chair of Young Americans for liberty in Iowa, he has done a lot of campus activism to bring conservative principles to college campuses."

:ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew: :ew:

He ran in the Republican primary for an Iowa state house rep position in June last year and lost. Definitely seems right up the Duggars' ally. Smarmy looking white guy who wouldn't be out of place on Fox news going on about the liberal agenda and how marginalized white conservative Christians are. :roll:

I hope he's not a match for any of the girls. He seems like exactly the kind of person who would go in for a Duggar daughter to be in the spotlight and get some political backing. Just ick. As much as we all dislike Ben as a J'husband, a guy like this would be way worse, IMO.

According to this article, he was 25 as of June 2014: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/ ... s/9938961/

I don't like judging people by their facial expressions--but he looks arrogant & douchey in his photos. Like he's one small step away from chanting on a bus with his frat brothers, if you know what I mean. :lol:

We should probably keep snarking on this guy even if it turns out he isn't courting/special friends with one of the Duggar girls.

And someone asked for a twitter link. Here it is. https://twitter.com/tayloregly

So this tweet seems to be him agreeing that religious opposition to marriage equality is unconstitutional and violates civil liberty, but that can't be right can it? Some people asked him to explain and he chose not to.

twitter.com/TaylorEgly/status/575474010395254784

His twitter sounds like your typical libertarian redditor, which is to say, disgusting. He probably has a fedora collection.

Do I want to see him with Jana? no but could he end up with her yes. I mean you don't need to be vocal as a fundie wife actually silence is golden with them. He could be really nice to Jana. She isn't the evil target his tweets she's just like him and we all know fundies are only truly nice/tolerant of people just like them. If the ok magazine is ok it could be like "look Jana we got you a man stay".

Cute? Check

Cute? He looks like a Bull Terrier!

eglyterrier_zpshqxovnzh.jpg

and he shares my birthday... and Derrick is only one day off. I am surrounded by idiots!

On topic: I think he seems exactly the type I can see JB trying to pull for the girls. Alyssa Webster style, a bit higher up in the political sphere. I think even DimBulb realises that the likes of Bin won't get them their precious dominion.

So this tweet seems to be him agreeing that religious opposition to marriage equality is unconstitutional and violates civil liberty, but that can't be right can it? Some people asked him to explain and he chose not to.

His twitter sounds like your typical libertarian redditor, which is to say, disgusting. He probably has a fedora collection.

I actually just spit out my tomato soup with the fedora comment. Bravo.

and he shares my birthday... and Derrick is only one day off. I am surrounded by idiots!

On topic: I think he seems exactly the type I can see JB trying to pull for the girls. Alyssa Webster style, a bit higher up in the political sphere. I think even DimBulb realises that the likes of Bin won't get them their precious dominion.

Hey, that's not fair.

That bull terrier is ADORABLE. :D

hm he is a libertarian though, Arent the duggars more into the republicans? especially this

Some ppl fight for religious freedom- then try to force their religious views of marriage on others. This makes no sense.
sounds more anti fundie than fundie.

hm he is a libertarian though, Arent the duggars more into the republicans? especially this

The Duggars are following him on Twitter. And some libertarians are more republicans than even tea partiers are.

A lot of conservative white Christians claim to be libertarians in that they don't believe in taxes, gun control laws, civil rights laws, mandatory vaccines, or national healthcare plans. Basically, they think the government should be small but the churches should do everything. This puts them in conflict with the more classical libertarians who are in favor of things like marijuana legalization, gay marriage, and abortion. This Taylor Egly guy sounds like he is trying to have it both ways on gay marriage by using a libertarian argument to accept the legality while still being personally opposed in principle. I don't think the Duggars will approve of that kind of pragmatism.

I never understood the "let the churches take care of the needy" cry from the small government advocates. Um, if the churches could meet needs, why aren't they? And, if churches could meet the needs, why does the Bible Belt have among the highest % of people using government services?

Actions vs words-

Please don't insult bull terriers! I know a sweet bull terrier who lives around the block. She's much cuter that that batshit crazy YAFer.

He looks a tiny bit Keanu Reeves to me. But not enough to be attractive. At all.

M'Fundy

Archived