IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

I kind of care, but only because I am a big name nerd and I adore names! My guess, though, is they will choose something tryndee with a kre8tif spelling :ew:

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the parents. Some people don't like using names from cultures/groups they do not belong to. It's a personal comfort thing, but it does exist.

I like the names Lakshmi, Isha, Haddassah, and Shoshanna...however, I'm not Indian or Jewish, so I feel it would be odd to give my daughter what I feel to be a very Indian or Jewish name. It's just a personal association. I feel that those names are too closely associated with a particular group for me to feel OK using them.

Similarly, some people associate the name "Mary" very closely with Catholicism, and if they are not Catholic, may avoid the name.

LOL, one of my very favorite boy names is Sunil. I just love the way it sounds. We are, however, totally Caucasian. (Who knows, maybe one of my kids will marry someone Indian and I can have a grandson Sunil :-)). "Neil" just doesn't do it for me the same way.

A group they don't belong to?!!!! Mary is a prominent person in their own religious text, for God's sake! It's NOT the same, at all. :snooty: If you're uncomfortable with Mary being a character in the bible, you might as well chuck it in the nearest dumpster and pick another religion (that you actually are comfortable with in its entirety). I see no sense being made here.

I don't disagree with you at all. But there is no limit on the vitriolic anti-Catholic sentiment of many fundies and evangelicals.

I'd like for them to say you know what, the odds are we are going to have more kids after this one, so screw it. This M thing is lame and limiting. In fact, we're afraid we'll be so limited that we will start making M names out of names that aren't M names like Melizabeth or Mabigail not unlike the Duggars handing out Jinger. Or give out names that are too similar like Joseph and Josiah...

We're naming her Xena or any other name that starts with something other than M.

How on God's good Earth is Mary a Catholic name????? Any more than any other biblical name?

Mary, the mother of Jesus, is now only associated with Catholics? Wouldn't all Christians revere her?

Well, the more I ponder and see what people are posting here, I believe it will be one of 2 names:

MacKenna, McKenna, Makenna...some version of that name OR

Makayla...or some version of that name.

Kenzie and either Kenna or Kayla

LOL! Mary Annette could also have a puppet show birthday :)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
True story--I know a woman who is Marie-Antoinette Lastname.

I still can't get over Marcus Anthony.

Those homeschooled kids.. you think they knew what they doing?

Mytellygynt D'zhyne is my favorite, although Myrakelle McRib is a pretty good one, too. :D

What about Melanie (after the "good, submissive" one in gone with the wind)?

I bet they've seen that movie by now!

Well, the Greek meaning is more like "blackness/dark", haha! And besides of that, NO WAY! I have personal reasons for that. :whistle:

Has anyone mentioned Mackynna? I could see them using that since in the since it starts just like Mack and ends just like Anna.

Those homeschooled kids.. you think they knew what they doing?

I doubt it. The original Marcus Anthony would not be considered a role model by Gothard standard, and I doubt that the Duggars have much of an interest in ancient history, except to show how evil and immoral everyone was before Jesus. Maybe the Smuggars secretly love Mark Anthony the singer? :cracking-up:

Minerva would be a cool choice, but I'm sure that won't happen (the whole Harry Potter is evil nonsense).

Morticia Duggar has a nice ring to it, too. :twisted:

Mary Juana...after grandma of course! I actually once met a girl named this :?

Mary Juana...after grandma of course! I actually once met a girl named this :?

I once worked with a woman who named her daughter Jacqueline Danielle - because her husband was out drinking the entire time she was laboring and delivering.

Wait....they gave their first daughter a tryndy name so that means they will do it with the second? They have a history of butchering names? I don't think so... personally I don't think that just becAuse Mac's name is spelled funny means they will make their second daughters name spelled funny.

They spelled Michael normal. They spelled Marcus normal. They might spell the next M kids name properly

On another note I saw a child named Khadyn. I saw another weird one that took a minute to figure out what it said, but I don't remember what I it was.

Wait....they gave their first daughter a tryndy name so that means they will do it with the second? They have a history of butchering names? I don't think so... personally I don't think that just becAuse Mac's name is spelled funny means they will make their second daughters name spelled funny.

They spelled Michael normal. They spelled Marcus normal. They might spell the next M kids name properly

On another note I saw a child named Khadyn. I saw another weird one that took a minute to figure out what it said, but I don't remember what I it was.

There are a lot of families where the boys get lovely, traditional, properly-spelled names and the girls get nothing but glittery, poorly spelled, made up crap. I think it comes down to sexism in these families: boys need serious names because they have to be taken seriously, but girls are just decorative and their names reflect that. See Joseph, Joshua and James vs. Jordyn, Jinger, and Josie. Not to mention Jubilee. :ew:

I once worked with a woman who named her daughter Jacqueline Danielle - because her husband was out drinking the entire time she was laboring and delivering.

My SIL had to be told that naming her son Jack Daniel was a bad idea. He was conceived while they lived in TN.

Mynstryl McCycle?

Mcbacon!!! Or Mkbacon, to match kynzye Or however the fuck that is spelled

She Will be daddy's favourite.

Mcbacon!!! Or Mkbacon, to match kynzye Or however the fuck that is spelled

She Will be daddy's favourite.

And he could just. eat. her. up!

A good come-back a friend of mine uses when hearing someone name their kid a name with some seriously screwed up spelling is "Her teachers are going to hate her!"

Archived