IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

So I got inspired by the wonderful post about puritan names. I love them all. Names are awesome and puritan really had a huge imagination. So I decided to go look up in my family tree, mainly French, to try to find some old female French names. Because well…. This thread was lacking some Français. And everything is better in Français (fancier too according to my friends in the UK). :lol: Not to mention... I highly doubt any of these will even be considered by the Smuggars. So it's just for fun. Also, I'm trying to find a distraction because thinking about the future of this poor baby girl makes me sad.

Madeleine is a classic that was already said before but here's what I found:

Marcelline/Marcelle (love these two, super old but super cute)

Margot/Margaux

Marguerite

Marine

Marjolaine (cute one too).

Martine

Mathilde

Mathurine

Maximillienne (this one is for the lols)

Micheline (to be a bit more original than Michelle) ;)

Mireille

Modestine (for the lols again…)

Mylène

Of course, you have all the Marie deviations: Marielle, Marianne, Maryse/Marise, Marilou, etc. But I suspect it’s way too Catholic sounding. Though you never know, they might want to honor grandma Mary.

Also the French love to mix Marie with plenty of things: Marie-Geneviève, Marie-Michelle, Marie-Chantal, Marie-Louise, Marie-Claire, Marie-Christine, Marie-Laurence, Marie-Andrée, Marie-Charlotte, Marie-Léa, Marie-France, Marie-Josée, Marie-Claude, Marie-Hélène, Marie-Catherine, Marie-Ève, even Marie-Soleil. All these names I have accoutered in my live, either in real life or looking up some family tree. Seriously, French people lack imagination. But if we consider the Duggars, yeah nope. Will never happen.

(I did look up some name website… don’t worry. I didn’t come up with all of these off the top of my head). :P

Smuggars may not do a French name, but Benessa might. They did Honeymoon in France. Jessa strikes me as wanting to be seen as "sophisticated" at times, so its a possibility.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many nice and normal names they could give their daughter (Michelle, Mary, Molly, Morgan, Megan and so on...). I just hope they don't give her some crazy, "unique" name no one can spell.

Or, crazy idea, they could just ditch the ridiculous M-theme and just give her a name they both really like.

How about Mercy?

Just like Kim Kardashian's cat that she got rid of and then it died.

As far as French M-names go I've always liked Mireille and Manon. I'd like to see them ditch the M-names altogether now, though.

I know several little "Marin"s ... seems to be trendy these days. But I agree, now, more than ever, they need to stop emulating JB&M in all things, including ridiculous naming conventions.

I think they will name her Michelle. In fact, do you think the M names are in honour of Michelle? (like the J names are sort of in honour of Jim Bob)?

I think they will name her Michelle. In fact, do you think the M names are in honour of Michelle? (like the J names are sort of in honour of Jim Bob)?

I think so. Unless they just happen to love several names which start with M, I don't see another reason.

I know several little "Marin"s ... seems to be trendy these days. But I agree, now, more than ever, they need to stop emulating JB&M in all things, including ridiculous naming conventions.

Marin was my favourite name for a girl when I was about 13. I'd still consider it if I ever had a daughter. I'm guessing it's going to be something like Marlie or Macie, though.

I'm sure they'll keep going with the M theme, just like they'll stay married, and keep having a baby every other year. Unless Josh has a total breakdown, they're going to keep on as they've been keeping on. Soon Michael and Marcus will be locked in their room at night so that they don't become part of the 2/3 of brothers who apparently molest their sisters, and everything will be a-ok.

I do. Josh has always seemed closer to Michelle (I don't think he likes Jim Bob at all) and I can't see Josh & Anna picking a random letter that just happened to be "M".

They said that back when Anna was pregnant with Mac.

I'm still going with Marie Annette.

!  {TEXT1}:
I'm sick to fucking death of coming into this thread and removing the "witty" suggestions that are related to Josh's scandal, so I'm locking it.

If you're the sort of person who thinks child molestation is a fine subject for jokes about a BABY, perhaps it's time for you to find a new website to frequent.

Archived